N-Europe

Pet Peeves

ReZourceman

Too many to even make a list. The worst part is that I'm often a culprit of it all.

Although internet wise... I'd have to say internet fads annoy the crap out of me. Everything from n00b, pr0, lolcats, "funny" motivation pictures and stupid 4Chan shit. It all makes me ashamed of my species.

Also Rez.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, just above *can't remember his name...umm...Chuck? Oh fuck. What is it? That guy who everyone makes SHIT jokes about him being amazing. Steve...?*

Let me check.

Oh fuck I can't google search someone I don't know the name of. Wow, I've successfulyl managed to block something I detest from my mind. I feel so proud.

Anyway, I was going to say; lolcats are just above those jokes about that martial arts guy in the depths of hell.

People who indicate right when they're going straight on at a roundabout.

Chavs, obviously.

People who leave a tap running.

Obligatory small talk with someone you don't like.

People in films going UP in a building, when they're being chased.

Edit: People who leave DVDs out of the case. Apparently I've done this because Spaced series 1 is not in its case and no where to be found *sobs*

Edited by Molly

Edit: People who leave DVDs out of the case. Apparently I've done this because Spaced series 1 is not in its case and no where to be found *sobs*

OhEmGee me too. Worse than that...when the DVD in the case is the wrong DVD!

NEGLIGENCE! Disgusting.

Cheapo Tesco Orange Juice cartons where some prick thought it would be funny to design a seal/lid that you can't open without half the contents shooting up into your face. They shouldn't assume that you want to the stuff to be jetted into your mouth immediatly upon it being tugged.

The 'End Now' function on the computer, and general freezes. I don't understand why there aren't computers that reliably let you just close everything with a special button combo. You know that pressing ctrl alt delete will just slow the computer down even more than it is and then when you click on end programme it will continue to run for a few minutes even though it's doing jack shit. So you click 'end' 10 times just to get rid of the bastard and then tons of error report messages come up.

When you try and show someone a quality video but they either don't give it a chance or they refuse to be impressed because there are other people around. That last bit can apply to many things however.

People who honk/swear at you when you cross the road, regardless if your out of it by the time they get there - it's my legal right of way, you stupid chavy fuckwit.

People who insist they are right on subjects they know nothing about - a good example was a guy insisting that the Golden Gate Bridge was the longest in the world. I'm a Civil Engineering student, I know this shit... This is made worse when someone is initially very insisitant, and the moment I get my phone out and start looking it up, they say "ah, it doesn't really matter, does it!"

The whole "I've brought you up to say your "Haach's" properly thing.

People who hate football AND whine about it. If you don't like it, fair enough - I'm not the biggest fan myself - but don't give me the whole "it's just a few guys kicking a ball around in a field" bollocks. You could kick a ball around in a field, you couldn't play in the European Cup.

The phrase "blatantly obvious" - the double positive really isn't necessary.

People who've never heard of Hertfordshire, but are from South East England. At Uni I've heard "where, Herefordshire?" in my own accent. It's the one plonked on top of London, look at a map at some point in your life.

Use of the word "Asian" to describe someone - do you mean South Asian, in the British sense of Asian, or East Asian, in the American sense?

People who insist it's fine to use Playstation as a word of game console or iPod as a word for MP3 player. It's not - people who own things other makes of vacuum cleaner or drink Pepsi still call them Hoovers and Coke. People who own Xbox 360's and Zen's don't call them Playstaton or iPods. Why? Because there's a practical difference.

Edited by The fish

People who think the world is all pink nice and fluffy. Or people who think that this can ever happen. Its a nice idea but it wont ever happen, just accept it people arnt nice.

Hmm I'm a misanthrope but I still hope/think the world can be a nice place one day :heh:

People who leave washing up, and the cloth, sponge or whatever to clean it with, in the sink bowl full of water. Just means you have to drag it all out, drain the bowel and clean up the cloth before you even get started. Irritates the fuck out of me.

(and ReZ I was hoping people who unnecessarily change thread titles might be one of yours :heh:)

Small talk and people telling me about their weekend and crappy little stuff that's got no relevance to anything, just really terrible conversation I guess and things I could care less about.

Mmm, this... happens a lot to me at work, very rarely though the conversation can be interesting but mostly yeah small-talk, it can help to make the time pass a bit faster but more often than not when it's the same stuff repeated - I even find myself repeating stuff annoyingly because people either forget or keep asking the damn same questions because they can't think of anything else to say that's of any interest... argh! - *breathes deeply* but it's to be expected, I go there to work, not for the 'sparkling intelect' or 'topical debate' :heh: with that said, their are the odd moments where brilliant comments are uttered by others or myself but yeah... rarely does the oppourtunity come about.

You were in fact the person who taught me the error of my "have/of" ways. I now hate it too.

I feel so proud. (I actually remember that).

I probably wouldn't, either. :heh: Well, most people I know are Danish, and we have the same word for "borrow" and "lend", so that's a fair excuse if they're not good at English.

The Chinese actually use the same word for lend and borrow and they often make this mistake when speaking English.

Well I wouldn't judge a non-native english speaker for making the mistake.

people who leave their phone on silent constantly..

What's wrong with that? I do it. I don't want to hear other people's chavvy ringtones (or any others) so I'm not going to force people to hear mine.

People who insist it's fine to use Playstation as a word of game console or iPod as a word for MP3 player. It's not - people who own things other makes of vacuum cleaner or drink Pepsi still call them Hoovers and Coke. People who own Xbox 360's and Zen's don't call them Playstaton or iPods. Why? Because there's a practical difference.

Er.... haven't you just done that? By calling it "Coke"? Coke, meaning any drink similar to Coca-Cola? Really you should of said cola?

Oh shiiii.

This advert:

I want it to die, cold and alone in a ditch, whilst thinking about how it will never see its family every again. If that's sexy, colour me celebate.

I hate it as well. I mean are those the extra's that you get? Because does that in no way warrant it to be rebranded "verve" making out that it's something extra special.

I just hate the way he says ''Noir''.

I was going to say that, but I didn't want to appear foolish if that was the correct way to pronounce it. I assume it isn't.

It's the most annoying part of that advert, which is like being a cunt in a sea of twats.

Er.... haven't you just done that? By calling it "Coke"? Coke, meaning any drink similar to Coca-Cola? Really you should of said cola?

Oh shiiii.

You misunderstand me. There is no practical difference between Coke & Pepsi and Hoovers & other vacuum cleaners. For the likes of and Xbox & a Playstation, and an iPod & a Zen, there is.