Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Reflex Edition

Dyson

Well Activision have come out and said that if Wii owners want Modern Warfare 2 on the Wii then they're gonna have to go out and buy this. I'm in no doubt that this will probably match W@W's sales but I just think it's disgusting that Activision are basically baiting us by saying we have to buy this in order to get the second one.

That's taking the piss! The absolute piss (sorry for saying guys)!

Activision can suck my balls (once again, sorry for saying)! Disgusting is the optimum word!

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it does make perfect sense that if one title in a franchise sold poorly, they'd be less inclined to bring a sequel out for it.

It's funny they want people to buy this though. Modern Warfare is still a shining high in "next gen" entertainment. Everything about this game looks the complete opposite. There's no market for this.

Well it does make perfect sense that if one title in a franchise sold poorly, they'd be less inclined to bring a sequel out for it.

It's funny they want people to buy this though. Modern Warfare is still a shining high in "next gen" entertainment. Everything about this game looks the complete opposite. There's no market for this.

Er... COD4:MW is probably the best shooter of this generation. The Wii is starved of good third party support. There is a market for good third party software and if this turns out better than COD:WAW then it'll be really good.

What's more, what alternative is there? The Conduit? That game is a total joke compared to Call of Duty. The Conduit's online is so gimped half the time when you kill someone/someone kills you it ends up as a double kill as the lag is so bad.

Guest Captain Falcon
Er... COD4:MW is probably the best shooter of this generation. The Wii is starved of good third party support. There is a market for good third party software and if this turns out better than COD:WAW then it'll be really good.

Even if that is the case (I can't comment, I've not played it) past experience has shown that the Wii version stands a good chance of being crippled by one thing or another.

In this case, until it's in the hands of gamers, I would be hesitant to assume it will be of the same high standard of the original version.

But the fact they've already got a working engine is a good start.

I still don't see it selling any substantial amount more than the previous CoD games - even with the Modern Warfare name attached.

Edited by Captain Falcon

Even if that is the case (I can't comment, I've not played it) past experience has shown that the Wii version stands a good chance of being crippled by one thing or another.

In this case, until it's in the hands of gamers, I would be hesitant to assume it will be of the same high standard of the original version.

But the fact they've already got a working engine is a good start.

I still don't see it selling any substantial amount more than the previous CoD games - even with the Modern Warfare name attached.

It may be crippled by 360 standards, but by Wii standards WAW is the best shooter on the market. It will most likely be far better than any other FPS on the Wii.

That's taking the piss! The absolute piss (sorry for saying guys)!

Activision can suck my balls (once again, sorry for saying)! Disgusting is the optimum word!

how about say no?

Its never going to be the same game on Wii.

Tbh, I actually find I prefer the N64 controller for shooters to dual analogue. I always found using the C-buttons to move/ strafe with the 3D stick for looking to be very precise. I could never really get into Timesplitters 2 on the GC because of the dual analogue set up- and the same goes for shooters on other consoles. I've never thought it feels right.

This CoD game looks pants though. Yes, gameplay is very very important but they still need to put the effort into how the game looks. Wasters.

Tbh, I actually find I prefer the N64 controller for shooters to dual analogue. I always found using the C-buttons to move/ strafe with the 3D stick for looking to be very precise. I could never really get into Timesplitters 2 on the GC because of the dual analogue set up- and the same goes for shooters on other consoles. I've never thought it feels right.

Have you tried dual analogue with the right stick set to move/strafe and the left stick set to aim?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, jet fighters can fly at over 1,000 mph, F1 drivers can bomb it round a track at over 100 mph...and some people can't adjust to dual analogue controls?

Laughable. Utterly laughable.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, jet fighters can fly at over 1,000 mph, F1 drivers can bomb it round a track at over 100 mph...and some people can't adjust to dual analogue controls?

Er... but they don't do either of those things with dual analogue control.

Can't speak for anyone but myself. I find dual analogue stagnant, clumbersom and simply not fun. They've been functional, i've got from A to B in various FPS, but when stacked up against Pointing controls, there's no competition, the Wii remote makes absolute sense, while dual analogue just continues to be 'functional'.

I'd much rather play Modern Warfare on Wii with pointing controls, than glossy visuals. But of course, i'd have liked the best of both worlds.

It's not about the specific controls. It's about the ability to adapt. Saying you cannot means you're either abnormally uncoordinated or just plain lazy.

It's like people who claim they can't juggle. You just need to practice.

Wii controls, as far as FPS's go, are perfect as long as what you want to shoot is roughly in the centre of your screen. God forbid they're off screen, turning is a nightmare.

Wouldn't that depend on the game you were playing? I know Red Steel had huuuuuge turning circles, but I'm sure other games offer a much more "sensitive" approach to turning and shooting off-centre? I can't say for sure, since I don't delve too much into the FPS genre these days.

Dual analogue is ok. I can't say that it is something that I find neither difficult nor fun to use. It just...exists. Saying that, I'm not one of these people who plays every Call of Duty or Tom Clancy game out there, so I haven't had vast experience using that. But, from what I've played, it does the job quite well.

If you were to list the Dual Analogue controls along with Wii's Motion Controls and Keyboard/Mouse, it would surely be in the bottom part of the pack, though. What it does, it does ok, but surely what the Wiimote and Mouse can do are better fit for the purpose? There's just simply more freedom of movement there. The only thing is perhaps that there is still some way to go until every single Wii FPS that we see has reached a certain standard with the controls. It's come a good way since Red Steel, but there's still more to achieve, I think.

But them working doesn't make them good! And after Wii controls they show up even more as being cumbersome and pretty bad control input for FPS.... Saying we CAN play with them isn't a good argument for saying they're not that bad. Controls improve all the time...and it's happened again with the Wii :P

Why go backwards?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!