N-Europe

Videogames

flameboy

interesting video that has been doing the rounds...my favourite bit has got to be the monkey island bit;

///A Film directed and animated by MUSCLEBEAVER///

MSLBVR 2008 ©

This animation we did was planned and animated for the prologue of a documentary.

(That explains the absurd, unfinished seeming, ending.That is where the actual documentary starts.... )

The briefing was to show kind of the evolution of computer games.

The documentary is about different characters, based here in germany , describing their everyday lifes, dealing with their , yeah more or less, addiction to the same specific, famous "massive multiplayer online role playing game".The "W" one.

Every INTERPRETED figure in this prologue was drawn (..or pixeled) with all its´animation steps and animated frame by frame.

The entire thing was bizarre but well made. Kotaku summed it up pretty well with "The most bizarre 5 minutes of your day" or something.

Haha, that does pretty much fit the description. It started out with me thinking "oh, its a tribute to classic games." But then, Luigi humping the Croft's leg? It got a bit creepy towards the end.

I enjoyed the Pong and Pacman bit in the beginning though, it was simple but I quite liked it. With the musics.