NEurope
flameboy

Battlefield 1943

The maps arent rubbish, theyre bright and colorful, lotsa sniper spots and plenty of stuff to blow apart, its amazing for an xbla title, quit ya moanin!

How many kills do we need till the next map unlocks?

edit: just checked http://www.battlefield1943.com/ and its up to 43 million, xbox is on 13 mill, a whole 6 mill ahead of ps3 :P

Ahh that map looks so good, 'Air Superiority" mode looks mint, cant wait to dog fight with loads of planes

Edited by Bren

But the excuse that "It's on XBLA/PSN!" shouldn't be used to cover up the games flaws. Just because it's released through a different medium doesn't mean it can be watered down without criticism.

I'd agree with that but I find it's a solid shooting game, the fact it is cheap is just a bonus. Plus there's always loads of people playing it atm so I'm enjoying it while I can.

I'd agree with that but I find it's a solid shooting game, the fact it is cheap is just a bonus. Plus there's always loads of people playing it atm so I'm enjoying it while I can.

Go play Warhawk if you want good maps and value for money. The stupid thing is Warhawk was meant to be weak for the ground human shooting machanics but BF1943 is even worse. The maps and rotation feel awful. No its not cheap. Bad Company is cheap for what it offered, this isnt. The maps look exactly the same. The watered down classes are boring.

3 main guns lol. All 3 are unsatisfying to use. The vehicles control terrible. Why they made it worse than Bad Company i will never know.

I was really hoping this game would be good but it feel like as if anyone else could have made a more fun game. I will give it more of a go but right now i could easily play any other Battlefield game and enjoy them more.

Go play Warhawk if you want good maps and value for money. The stupid thing is Warhawk was meant to be weak for the ground human shooting machanics but BF1943 is even worse.

The maps in Warhawk are getting a bit tedious now. They are well designed, I'll give them that. There is just enough cover for ground troops to be useful against vehicles. The maps are just getting a bit stale now though, there isn't enough of them and the map that takes place on top of rocky pillar things is just annoying for anything but flying.

I like the idea of Battlefield, but I just think it looks like a watered down version of Warhawk.

And saying that a game is live arcade or psn based might not be a valid reason for it to be a bit shoddy, but the fact that it's cheap is (it is cheap right?).

Go play Warhawk if you want good maps and value for money. The stupid thing is Warhawk was meant to be weak for the ground human shooting machanics but BF1943 is even worse. The maps and rotation feel awful. No its not cheap. Bad Company is cheap for what it offered, this isnt. The maps look exactly the same. The watered down classes are boring.

3 main guns lol. All 3 are unsatisfying to use. The vehicles control terrible. Why they made it worse than Bad Company i will never know.

I was really hoping this game would be good but it feel like as if anyone else could have made a more fun game. I will give it more of a go but right now i could easily play any other Battlefield game and enjoy them more.

That's entirely opinion and I disagree with you. The guns, especially the rifle, are satisfying.

All you haters are fucking mental. Mental I say.

I had some of the best gaming of the year on this earlier today.

But the excuse that "It's on XBLA/PSN!" shouldn't be used to cover up the games flaws. Just because it's released through a different medium doesn't mean it can be watered down without criticism.

I don't think its the fact that its a different medium that people are letting it off for the flaws (which I don't see myself) its the fact that it costs just £10! Thats a bargain and their of plenty of full price titles that offer as solid a multiplayer experience.

Man, I tried the trial today, and I wants in on this shizzle very very badly. If only I had £10 to fritter away. >_<

Man, I tried the trial today, and I wants in on this shizzle very very badly. If only I had £10 to fritter away. >_<

Best £10 you will ever spend on a single game.

Well I wouldn't say that Flame but it is very good.

Go on then what game for £9.99 is better....

Well loads of second hand games you can buy for that as well as Wipeout HD which is a couple of quid more. There's actually quite a few but not at the top of my head.

argh c'mon second hand doesn't count and like you said wipeout is a few quid more...

Anyone from the PS3 crowd gonna be online tonight?

Just give me a time - you just want to use your headest - and who could blame you?

This game is amazing! All you guys moaning about 3 guns... "3 guns SUX! hahaha!"... remember it is an arcade game. The simpler class system evens the playing field I think and I have no problems with the guns at all. If you want more guns go play call of duty ! the maps, whilst being all tropical in theme are vastly different too.

I'll try and be on tonight. But it probably won't be until about 10:30 at the earliest.

"3 guns SUX! hahaha!"

I'd love if you could point out a post where someone has said this, or indeed anything in a similar flaming fanboy fashion. Idiot.

Now that I'm some 3 bronze bar rank it's getting quite difficult to rank up. I only played 2 matches earlier, and even though I was in the top 4 and getting about 3-400 points, I was only getting up to 20% rank levelation... couldn't think of how to say it.

I must say I'm badass at this game. And by I, I mean a friend.

Lol I've kind of got too bored of it to get that far. I still play it for the odd occasion but I sort of idle around in that game experimenting. When I'm focused I can rack up 20+ rifle kills in a game but most of the time I feel too lazy to concentrate properly.

I had 10 minutes left on my trial with which I grabbed planes from my carrier, landed on the other teams carrier and planted C4 on the enemy planes, an old favourite of mine. Detonate it as they take off and you're done. Too much fun.

Almost worth 1200 points..hm, perhaps not.

I'd love if you could point out a post where someone has said this, or indeed anything in a similar flaming fanboy fashion. Idiot.

I'd love it if you stopped calling people names. Just because you are sat at the other end of a computer, it does not give you the right to insult people. Fucking grow up.

I'd love it if you stopped calling people names. Just because you are sat at the other end of a computer, it does not give you the right to insult people. Fucking grow up.

Fucking moron. (I can swear too!)

When I play properly i'm quite good, but lately I like experimenting.

One of my tactics is to stick some TNT onto a car, drive it into an enemy tank and jump out just before it hits it, I then detonate the TNT and get about 20+.

I kept doing it one game and in one situation the Tank tried to drive away from me. lol

Oh and when the enemy calls an airstrike I stick some dynamite to my plan, fly up to the enemy planes, jump out and then detonate. It is quite hard to pull off, but if done correctly you get 30+.