NEurope
flameboy

Battlefield 1943

I'll be on when i can. Enjoyed my session yesterday but holy crap people are tough already. Alot of the time i dont where i get shot from lol

Is it just me, or does it look a lot like a basic version or Warhawk, just set in 1943?

I'm loving this game - flying planes is awesome once you get a hang on the controls. It's so satisfying dogfighting or kamikaze smashing into other planes.

Got 80% of trophies already just need the 30 and 100 match ones now.

Would be brill if all PS3 players could meet up tonight - how does 2100hrs grab you lot?

(christ I'm using military times - must be my old army days kicking in lol).

I'm loving this game - flying planes is awesome once you get a hang on the controls. It's so satisfying dogfighting or kamikaze smashing into other planes.

Got 80% of trophies already just need the 30 and 100 match ones now.

Would be brill if all PS3 players could meet up tonight - how does 2100hrs grab you lot?

(christ I'm using military times - must be my old army days kicking in lol).

MATtheHAT reporting for duty at 2100hrs SIR!

It's actually a great game so stfu! How long have you played it for?

I played the trial version and just didn't like it, and yes I've played and enjoyed Battlefield games in the past. Just thought that this was extremely weak in comparison.

MATtheHAT reporting for duty at 2100hrs SIR!

I finish work at 10 but will be straight away when I get home

Come on I want more PS3 players tonight - should be a right laugh - get those mics charged up!

My Jabra is fucked btw, left it to charge for the last two days and it is still has an orange LED signal so that's not going to work. I think it's because it just won't charge anymore, there's no life signs when I plug it in.

I can occasionally here Cookster without the headset though.

And fair enough Dyson if it's not your thing. I think the simplicity and the general action is great. However I think it would benefit from having more players online, 32 would've made it that little bit better. As it is there aren't really enough players because there are 5 bases which means 3 people or less per flag and generally people wander off on a crusade to the other side to capture a base thus leaving their own bases vulnerable to just one man that has snuck around.

I just don't think it translates well to consoles actually. Battlefield is a peculiar series, it just doesn't seem to fit on consoles. Bad Company was pretty good but still felt off. I'll probably continue to buy it on the PC but I think I'll stay away from it on consoles.

It's strange because I'm not a stranger to console FPS' anymore - CoD4/Halo 3/GoW2 etcetera do the opposite to 1943 and seem to work very well on consoles. Very odd.

Yeah; they work on consoles but I couldn't imagine playing them with a mouse and keyboard. The game would be totally different and wouldn't have the same feel. I know this is true for CoD4 because I started off playing it on the PC before moving to the 360 version which I prefer.

Battlefield seems to be the other way round. It works perfectly with the mouse and keyboard but doesn't translate well to the consoles in my opinion.

Come on I want more PS3 players tonight - should be a right laugh - get those mics charged up!

Now mic :( How well could you hear me when I was trying to use the other day...it only stays charged for half an hour if that....

My Jabra is fucked btw, left it to charge for the last two days and it is still has an orange LED signal so that's not going to work. I think it's because it just won't charge anymore, there's no life signs when I plug it in.

I can occasionally here Cookster without the headset though.

And fair enough Dyson if it's not your thing. I think the simplicity and the general action is great. However I think it would benefit from having more players online, 32 would've made it that little bit better. As it is there aren't really enough players because there are 5 bases which means 3 people or less per flag and generally people wander off on a crusade to the other side to capture a base thus leaving their own bases vulnerable to just one man that has snuck around.

Yeah mine is fucked as well....crap..

Official Bluetooth headset are the way to go - you guys can confirm my swearathons are crystal clear!

Too bad my Scottish accent is so strong! lol

See you lot on the front line 2100hrs.

Official Bluetooth headset are the way to go - you guys can confirm my swearathons are crystal clear!

Too bad my Scottish accent is so strong! lol

See you lot on the front line 2100hrs.

You and me are equally bad :p

Don't know why I don't like this game so much... maybe because my tv's so small I barely see my foes and thus suck at it :p

Do you have to push a button to speak with the mic? I can't hear Cooky's dulcit tones nor can he hear me.

Anyway, this game is very good, only another 42 million before 'Coral Sea' gets unlocked *sigh*

And I love how my two favourite games are instantly playable, Blazblue on disc, and this on the HDD. I don't even have to get off the sofa to switch between the two.

Do you have to push a button to speak with the mic? I can't hear Cooky's dulcit tones nor can he hear me.

Anyway, this game is very good, only another 42 million before 'Coral Sea' gets unlocked *sigh*

And I love how my two favourite games are instantly playable, Blazblue on disc, and this on the HDD. I don't even have to get off the sofa to switch between the two.

Yeah nice little bonus from having games like this on the HDD sadly for me not a lot been in the disc drive recently not had all that much to play.

Have been caining this on 360 since its release. Really loving it and it hasn't got boring yet. Though I just read on a website that they're resetting everyone's ranks and awards. I will be pretty pissed if they do as half the stuff I got as a fluke.

Have been caining this on 360 since its release. Really loving it and it hasn't got boring yet. Though I just read on a website that they're resetting everyone's ranks and awards. I will be pretty pissed if they do as half the stuff I got as a fluke.

WHAT?!!! That would royally fuck me off if they did that....

Yeah; they work on consoles but I couldn't imagine playing them with a mouse and keyboard. The game would be totally different and wouldn't have the same feel. I know this is true for CoD4 because I started off playing it on the PC before moving to the 360 version which I prefer.

Battlefield seems to be the other way round. It works perfectly with the mouse and keyboard but doesn't translate well to the consoles in my opinion.

I agree though 1943 is very different. Heck Bad Company is alot better and thats on sale making much better value for money. The maps here are afew and the same. The guns, vehicles and weapons are uninteresting. Same old WW2 rubbish. The gameplay is boring compared to other BF. The usual BF flaws are gapingly huge here. Why bother when I can pop in BF2, 2142 or Bad Company and enjoy those more. This game needs to pick up fast.

The classes being put into 3 fixed classes is nonsense. 24 players makes the game feel empty. Right now i feel like i could have spent £9.99 on some Iphone apps instead.

Edited by Choze

Im in love with planes, i spend most of the match flying around dog fighting and bombing people, its well fun! :D

The achievys should of been a bit more challenging, iv just got 30/100 matches left, i was hopin for a medal collectin achievy like in bad company

This got me proper wanting bad company 2 :P

I agree though 1943 is very different. Heck Bad Company is alot better and thats on sale making much better value for money. The maps here are afew and the same. The guns, vehicles and weapons are uninteresting. Same old WW2 rubbish. The gameplay is boring compared to other BF. The usual BF flaws are gapingly huge here. Why bother when I can pop in BF2, 2142 or Bad Company and enjoy those more. This game needs to pick up fast.

The classes being put into 3 fixed classes is nonsense. 24 players makes the game feel empty. Right now i feel like i could have spent £9.99 on some Iphone apps instead.

You are flawed. It's probably because you suck ass at the game.