NEurope
flameboy

Battlefield 1943

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/battlefield-1943-out-next-week

EA has announced that Battlefield 1943 will be released on Xbox Live Arcade next Wednesday and PlayStation Network next Thursday.

A PC release, remember, will appear sometime in September.

Battlefield 1943, which costs 1200 MSP (GBP 10.20 / EUR 13.96) on Live and GBP 10 on PSN, re-imagines Battlefield 1942 - the game the entire series was built upon.

BF 1943, however, has been designed to be more accessible, so classes have been trimmed to three and there's a gentler difficulty curve to ease you in. DICE promises plenty of depth too, and has used all the latest technology to make sure everything looks nice and plays well.

Our thoughts soon.

Seems a bargain for just a tenner...will definitely pick it up, got a 9/10 in EDGE and seems like a high quality title for a downloadable any other PS3 owners planning on picking it uo?

All we need now is Fat Princess, then.......my life will be complete.

There's quite a lot by the looks of things. I got a bit excited when I saw something about the wipeout expansion but it's just a trailer. Not sure about the Pacific Rift add-on, and going to wait on reviews for other new PSN releases.

But hey, a great FPS for roughly a tenner, cheers for the post Flamey! Will have to download that definetly.

Edit: wait, it isn't an FPS? My bad. Still looks good though.

Ah right it mixes flying, shooting and driving etc.

Edited by dwarf

For 1200 Points...I'll pass (oddly, Criterion think that £10 is 1000 MS Points). I've got plenty of shooting games, anyway.

Day 1. I made a topic on this but more attention the better.

Looking good for Bad Company 2.

all the console games in the series to date have failed to support left handed players. Won't be buying. (assuming they still suck at control schemes)

Day 1. I made a topic on this but more attention the better.

Looking good for Bad Company 2.

Yeah think if I enjoy this may pick it up when its realised...

1up did a game night back on the 23rd June, here's the link;

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174897

makes for a good, if slightly long (like all their game nights, sigh I miss the 1up Show, at least we have co-op) watch...defintely gets the appetite going...defintely worth watching you see a lot of stuff you wouldn't see in trailers, reviews etc..

I've been looking at this. I'll grap it whatever the price. Ordered 2100 point cards for £14.95 each just in time.

Enjoyed 1942. Will be getting this definitely.

Not like 1942. This one only has 24 players and 4 basic maps (3 day 1).

Not like 1942. This one only has 24 players and 4 basic maps (3 day 1).

I'm sure the core gameplay remains the same though.

I'm sure the core gameplay remains the same though.

Abit. But i'll leave it to the people when they get it.

Assuming there's a trial I'll give it a shot. Think it'll take up too much space on my HD though.

Just finished watching that 1up Game Night vid I linked to, gotten me so excited cannot wait for this...

Another vid. Its looking good. Good work DICE.

Alot of the sound effects and assets are the same as Bad Company but thats not a bad thing. Sound effects are very good and its great for what it is.

Another vid. Its looking good. Good work DICE.

Alot of the sound effects and assets are the same as Bad Company but thats not a bad thing. Sound effects are very good and its great for what it is.

Another good video...thursday can't come soon enough...

Another good video...thursday can't come soon enough...

Oh yeah dont worry about the fun aspect. Its very fun. You will get nitpickers as with all Battlefield games saying it doesnt work etc. but forget them. Especially when all the major online shooters copy ideas from Battlefield.

Nothing beats bombing in a plane then parachuting on a tank and taking over a base on your own :p

Edited by Choze