NEurope
flameboy

Battlefield 1943

Gay I thought it was out tomorrow on XBLA...

Edited by ViPeR

Gay I thought it was out tomorrow on XLBA...

Its out on Wednesday....

Its out on Wednesday....

Does that mean your planning on getting on 360?! :(

Does that mean your planning on getting on 360?! :(

Nah, like any self respecting PS360 owner, just gonna download the demo on XBLA (assuming there is one), then buy it on PSN on Thursday.

Can anyone test if this has Southpaw sticks? (left to aim, right to walk/strafe)

It does have Southpaw as well as a left-handed variant.

I can't say I'm a fan of the control layout as certain things come across as being different for the sake of it. For instance you accelerate in vehicles by holding down the left trigger, with LB acting as reverse. Whilst I can see the reasoning behind this — the fire button is persistent no matter what you're doing — it goes against years of standardised driving controls. I'm not a fan of having pitch and yaw on the same stick whilst flying, either, although that's more a case of personal preference.

Anyway, I've only had a chance to mess about in the tutorial as it won't let me connect to the EA servers.

How come I can't find the game available in the Arcade section of the marketplace? Does it become available at different times depending on where you live in the UK? hmmmm I really want to play this because I love bad company

It does have Southpaw as well as a left-handed variant.

I can't say I'm a fan of the control layout as certain things come across as being different for the sake of it. For instance you accelerate in vehicles by holding down the left trigger, with LB acting as reverse. Whilst I can see the reasoning behind this — the fire button is persistent no matter what you're doing — it goes against years of standardised driving controls. I'm not a fan of having pitch and yaw on the same stick whilst flying, either, although that's more a case of personal preference.

Anyway, I've only had a chance to mess about in the tutorial as it won't let me connect to the EA servers.

Sounds like what a lot of people said about Killzone 2 that the controls are different for the sake of it. I actually like the sound of the mapping of the tank controls had heard a while back that they were like this and sounds interesting to me. Can't wait for this tomorrow....finish work at 12 so hope its not a day where Sony dawdle about updating.

So I'll be getting it, Flameboy, Mat, Cooky & Choze also. Sounds goooood.

Yep does sound good...Looking forward to it...Think it has quite a robust squad system so we can all stick together.

Is it actually out yet then? lol

Oh I didn't realize you could download it from your PC. Seems like the only way at the moment

Aye I downloaded it from Xbox.com to my Xbox. It was awesome to start with but now I can't get into any games.

Just by playing the tutorial, I can tell this game is going to be awesome. Especially if we get a few of us together in a squad. Can't wait for tomorrow, hopefully EA will have sorted their shit out and the servers are back up.

I just got it. But for some odd reason, the game doesn't find any fights/battles/matches (lol) for me to join.

By the way, anyone who has this game, or is definately going to get it, please add me on XBL =)

Edited by Adrian DX

FYI chaps: DICE have apparently hit the ceiling for server capacity, hence the game going nuts online. They be on that shit hooking up more servers or whatever.

I decided to check out the trial. It seems pretty decent. Plus you get 30 minutes free online time (once the servers work), which should be plenty of time to see if it's worth the price.

I decided to check out the trial. It seems pretty decent. Plus you get 30 minutes free online time (once the servers work), which should be plenty of time to see if it's worth the price.

thats pretty cool...I'm just gonna download it cos really looking forward to sure will love it judging by all the vids I have watched its looked awesome

Yep does sound good...Looking forward to it...Think it has quite a robust squad system so we can all stick together.

Let hope so - whatever to happened to killzone clan battles?

Really looking forward to this title - tomorrow night should be a laugh with us all playing.

Don't think I have ever been so excited about a downloadable, perhaps flower...sat at work thinking can't wait to get home and nab this!

Don't think I have ever been so excited about a downloadable, perhaps flower...sat at work thinking can't wait to get home and nab this!

I wouldn't get your hopes up Adam, I have just tried logging on to the Battlefield servers on the EggBox. They are still down/full/broke/shit whatever.

Plus I think Microsoft get priority.

I wouldn't get your hopes up Adam, I have just tried logging on to the Battlefield servers on the EggBox. They are still down/full/broke/shit whatever.

Plus I think Microsoft get priority.

WHY WHY WHY?!!!!!!! :cry: Did hear thar DICE are desperately trying to get more servers set up...it's all because they didn't account for quite so many downloads...idiots, there will be tons of people wanting to play it all the old 1942 players, us console owners who have been looking forward to it and then I even reckon because of its price point its at impulse buy price for the more casual gamer.

WHY WHY WHY?!!!!!!! :cry: Did hear thar DICE are desperately trying to get more servers set up...it's all because they didn't account for quite so many downloads...idiots, there will be tons of people wanting to play it all the old 1942 players, us console owners who have been looking forward to it and then I even reckon because of its price point its at impulse buy price for the more casual gamer.

Its a joke and not on. Tried for a while last night, tried today and still not played one game.

Hoping this is sorted soon.