NEurope
Caris

Twitter

I don't have Twitter, but i have been contemplating setting an account up. Not sure yet.

I have a Twitter...never used it though o0 Seems pointless when i'm on thew Computer at home, if i had access to it through other means, I'd proberbly use it, (Can't get it on my Ipod touch without wi-fi) Only have the odd glance at ti at times, Shaq kicks ass though, think everyone should have shaq on their lists.

http://twitter.com/ShadowArn

Nothing on it, lol

I still don't get twitter... And caris, don't support Dafts comment on it's how you use it when you post such enlightening things as "I'm awake, the birds are singing and I'm tweeting" (paraphrase)...I mean, this is what annoys me about facebook - people writing such inane shit like "I'm tired" "I'm bored" "I'm eating tea" who gives a fuck!? People who write really personal stuff baffles me; there are people on my friends list who I have never met, and I know who they've slept with this year, how heartbroken they were over their last boyfriend, she had a pregnancy scare and is depressed 60% of the time...it's just a bit...sad!!

At least write something interesting! Like a review of a film you've seen, or a beautiful observation, a turn of phrase, a link to an interesting article you have read....

At least write something interesting! Like a review of a film you've seen, or a beautiful observation, a turn of phrase, a link to an interesting article you have read....

So you do get Twitter, just not most people who use it. :heh:

I try to keep mine interesting...although a couple days ago I did twitter about my stomach feeling bad. :D

Ahh you see, this is what made twitter interesting. It's all in who you follow. With all the media attention it's had lately there has been a heavy influx of people who are posting nothing but entirely inane updates. I used to love it but have severely gone off it recently.

Word. Its main use is for celebrities I find. Most people aren't hugely interesting, but I like seeing what my friends are upto anyway. Its just nice.

The main reason I do it is to kind of reinforce my memory. Twitter, in my eyes, has always been for me. If other people read it, then that's their problem :heh: Normally I'd have no idea what I did on a random date, on February the 15th this year turns out it was the first day I ever listened to Matt & Kim. On the 11th I had Jerk Chicken at my friend's flat, I remember the whole night. Maybe it's just my memory but unless I have something to set it off I find stuff easy to forget.

It's like a verbal snapshot. Why do people post pictures on Facebook? I think that can easily be as pointless.

Edit: On Feb the 2nd it snowed loads and I got hit by that car while on my bike. Memories. :D

Edited by Daft

Do celebrities actually use this personally or is it just written by a PR like Obama's twitter?

From what I can tell it varies. I've only got Carlie Brooker whose Twitter is awesome. The only one you need.

cb-beefeat-green.jpg

:heh:

Depends on the celebrity though more often than not it tends to be the person themselves.

Got a twitter account ages ago now... Kinda sad how quickly it's 'taken off'.

Essentially it's just a blogging site, but not made for me because I like to ramble on, and whenever i remember to go to twitter I have nothing to say, besides "oh, I've not posted on here a while..."

Why don't you follow someone more interesting than Tori Amos then?

I admit, I lolled.

Do celebrities actually use this personally or is it just written by a PR like Obama's twitter?

Steven Fry. It's awesome reading his, seeing where in the world he is. Plus he takes photos and whatnot.

Got a twitter account ages ago now... Kinda sad how quickly it's 'taken off'.

Only took three years eh ::shrug:

My favourite celeb twitterer is Amber Benson, just because she sent a DM saying "thanks for following". Its a small thing but it as nice :) And Dougie from McFly is fun to follow with all his bizarre childish antics. :p

I can't muster the courage to make a Facebook profile let alone bother getting a Twitter.

Curse you Social Networking!

Fair enough. I thought the 140 characters of twitter would be more your liking as you can't even make it through a short article.......(referring to movie thread) :indeed:

;)

Bastard.

BASTARD!

Kate Perry wrote this yesterday:

"Saw a couple of goths on beach 2day. Naturally, I laughed @ them. Now I lay here burnt like a lobster wishing I could take it back. Witches!"

I loled.

Who writes the N-Europe twitter account stuff? got a lovely message;

@flameboy84 I wish you a swift recovery, Adam. Remember to go back and take bloody revenge on the medicine cupboard when you feel better.

after I'd written this;

is sick in bed with suspected concussion after whacking his head on a metal medicine cupboard :(.

I believe it tends to be

Tellyn

I occassionally pop on but not as much as I always said I would...whoops.

Been a good week for twitter celeb stalking, Kristen Bell and Julie Benz. The former is trying to prove to the WB that a Veronica Mars movie is wanted through the use of trending topics. Interesting idea...

Unfortunately I doubt it'll work. Gotta get a lot of people posting about it for it to appear as a trending topic and somehow I can't see that happening.

I'm prepared to eat my hat if it does, though.

So I might start posting my favourite Tweets in here.

My friend Phil.

@LeChuckie One day, games will evolve so that you no longer need to "Press Start" to play the thing.

Companies using Twitter to advertise is hardly new but this is interesting: http://cdn.eyewonder.com/100125/marketing/demos/dollhouse1/index.html

Its for the Dollhouse DVD and it integrates Eliza Dushku's tweets, you can also @ the advert and if its approved it will appear on the advert. Its going to be used come August 3rd (link is a demo) to promote the DVD.

Different at least.