NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
stuwii

Why does stardom so often have tragic outcomes

So many megastars have had demons does anyone have an opinion why, what does success do to you?

It doesnt necessarily anyway, its just the fact that they are celebrities means that we hear about it more than if it happens to a normal person

It doesnt necessarily anyway, its just the fact that they are celebrities means that we hear about it more than if it happens to a normal person

Yeah, spot on.

f-Double-Facepalm-7279.jpg

Are we done here? I think Daft / Happenstance pretty much summed it up... :/

I wouldn't call that a double facepalm moment. I think it's partly down to the fact that people don't understand what being famous entails and so they are let down and don't know what to do about it.

I don't think that's been covered in the general 'alienation/pressure' analogy.

Tbh, alienation / pressure pretty much covers it, so there isn't a lot to say... hence the double-facepalm... *shrugs*

what does success do to you?

In some cases gives you that sexy case of arrogance which brings these demons upon themselves.

Stuwii, I have to say, your posts sound more idiotic than ever.

It is a great discussion, it already has had different opinions, just roll with it.

No it isn't a great discussion, the answer in itself is obvious. Hundreds of people die from heartattacks, strokes etc at young ages all around the world. They just don't have the status to be in the headlines.

For christ sake -.-

There's a name for something kind of related to this but I don't know what it is. Like, the idea of a tiny miniscule chance thing happening to someone, only it happens cos there's so many people/possibilities. Law of large numbers or something?

I do agree it's already been explained why this happens though. Firstly, the stress and pressure of fame and contribute. Second, shit like this happens everyday to everyday ordinary people who aren't famous, worse things happen even, only no large sample of people notices/cares because it isn't as exposed as with a famous person. What other answer is there?

But the bigggest acts of all time nearly every single one bar whom has ended in trajedy

Its because of the lifestyle, many people who live the same die the same way.

Stardom just outs it in the lime light for us to see.

Law of averages?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_averages

Or of course, Law of Large Numbers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Large_Numbers

Ahh, yes, sort of those, but I found on one page the link to what I was sort of thinking of(I think), twas The Law of Truly Large Numbers. They all play into each other and this, though.

But the bigggest acts of all time nearly every single one bar whom has ended in trajedy

Don't be a fool, are you honestly believing this? For every one you name that 'ended in tragedy', I can probably match with ones that didn't. Also, alot were sometimes self-inflicted, such as drugs overdoses and such, I'm not sure how much I consider those tradegies.

This tragedy being death? Because you know we all die, whether it's Elvis on his shitter, or Ted down the road hit by a tractor.

Define tragedy.

Every life ends in tragedy.

Death isn't always tragedy. If someone has lived their life well and is ready to go, its better to celebrate their life in their death.

No it isn't a great discussion, the answer in itself is obvious. Hundreds of people die from heartattacks, strokes etc at young ages all around the world. They just don't have the status to be in the headlines.

For christ sake -.-

you rock nightwolf.

ROCK with you!

aaaaallll niiiiight~

dance! you! into-the!

suuuunnnnliiiiightttt~

:awesome:

Oy at this thread.

Watch like...any film about this thing, it paints in brightly and clearly.

Tbh, alienation / pressure pretty much covers it, so there isn't a lot to say... hence the double-facepalm... *shrugs*

Stuwii, I have to say, your posts sound more idiotic than ever.

dude there's nothing wrong with this thread.. jeez get yourselves...just a discussion...

Alienation would be a key point.. just imagine not being able to go anywhere without a bodyguard or anything... if it was me though I wouln't care.. I would dress in disguise and go anywhere.. Samual L jaxkson for instance never goes out with bodyguards..

Sign in to follow this