N-Europe

Why does stardom so often have tragic outcomes

stuwii

I feel a tiny bit bad for Stuwii. Honestly, I think he had good intentions with this thread. I think.

Basically, life isn't easy for anyone. And, everyone encounters some form of problem or problems throughout their lifetime. Whether it's peer pressure during their childhood or school years, or troubles in their family life, it's not easy. It differs from family to family. My Auntie, for example, I have no idea how she lives the way she does. She doesn't treat her kids very well, and they just have to obey every single thing that she says. For them, life is tough. For me, even though I'm technically part of the same wider family, and even though I only live a few yards away from them, my life is completely different.

Now, imagine living life in a fishbowl. Where your every move is scrutinised. Where millions of people hang off your every word or action. Lets not forget, Michael Jackson was thrust into the limelight from the age of six (if I remember rightly). So, from the age of six, he's been touring, had his life documented, and had millions and millions of people adore him. When you're that famous, surely there must be some pressure to "live up to the hype." I have no idea how much pressure the guy put on himself, but it must have been harder than we could ever imagine.

The lifestyle he has had, the experiences, the ups and the downs are vastly different to the ones you or I have had. The only way you can truly sympathise with someone is to put yourself in their shoes, and to imagine how they lived, how and why they did the things that they did. Obviously, you only live as you, you can never live as Michael Jackson. But, you can put the pieces together and try your best to imagine what it must have been like for that guy. He was both adored and lynched.

Why is his outcome so tragic? Well, there's no "set" way to die, and there's no set time. It just happens, and sometimes there can be very little (or no) indication that it's going to happen. When you go out of this world, there's no telling if it is on a high note or a low note.