NEurope
ReZourceman

Michael Jackson Dead

Obviously terrible for his children. Poor guy had a bit of a difficult upbringing - he was pretty much never out of the limelight from what, age 6? That's gotta mess anyone up.

Go easy on Uri Geller, guys - I'm obviously no fan, but a close friend of his, his best man at his wedding, no less, has just died.

I'm pretty damn shocked. I'm one of those mugs who bought tickets for the O2 and if I was totally honest I was really looking forward to the show even if he mimed. I've been at work all night so it was well odd hearing customers dropping the rumour that spread round the store. Then when I got to the tv at my break I couldn't believe it.

Weirdest thing is, when I bought the tickets, my mate who one of the tickets was for, completely called it. He said he'd die before we got to the gig, I think that shocked me more than his actual death.

On a much harsher note, I best get my monnies back!

Bad news.

Think about the people who bought there tickets on ebay, you're never recuperating your costs.

RIP Jacko!

Doesn't matter how people perceived him the last couple of years, overall, the man was a legend. Sad to see someone go that actually made decent pop music.

I heard about this on Facebook, and had to research into it to prove the story was a legit one and not some phoney like many other stories have been. I was at the pub at the time it was announced he was in hospital suffering a cardiac arrest, and by the time i got home at 11:40pm, he was dead. It always happens to the good ones. Being a huge fan of his music, he was one of my top artists of all time.

And to set the score now, i find all the jokes about Michael Jackson being dead inappropriate, first one i read happened only 2 minutes after i read he was dead. 2 MINUTES!!!.

I shall be paying tribute by playing some of his great hits including Billy Jean and Earth Song, 2 of the greatest songs ever made.

I'm still in shock as well, and this has to be one of the first celebrity deaths where i actually cared so much that a tear rolled out of my eye.

R.I.P Michael Jackson, you will be missed terribly.

Edit: I feel sorry for those who scraped tickets on ebay, they ain't getting no money back now and they spent a lot, up to £1,000 at times.

Edited by Jimbob

Edit: I feel sorry for those who scraped tickets on ebay, they ain't getting no money back now and they spent a lot, up to £1,000 at times.

They're fools for buying tickets for something that was extremely unlikely to happen.

They're fools for buying tickets for something that was extremely unlikely to happen.

I was planning on purchasing some tickets from Ticketmaster a few months ago because one of his concerts fell on the 9th July, 2 days before my 23rd. I changed my mind because i didn't think he would sound the same as before and be up to doing that many concerts.

I believe he was well past his prime, and he was in poor health at the time of announcing said concerts. I believe he had a form of skin cancer, hence the delays of the concert dates.

Only heard this this morning when my mum woke me up....

didn't believe her, but my jaw just dropped when watching it on BBC

been listening to his classics since then (pretty much weeped during Billie Jean)...

I'm still waiting for a statement from Chris Tucker, he was relatively good friends with MJ and even appeared in one of his music videos. All his other friends seem to have made a comment.

The guy died years ago, he was tormented out his head, still bloody sad, a recovery would have been great

jimbob: Earth Song? really? It's clearly all about Off The Wall.

QFT.

Seen how sales of his albums have rocketed even in the short time since he died. Crazy. I already own all his albums some of them even more than once so I won't be joining the stampede to buy them now...

I was in the pub when someone I was sitting with got a text saying it, then he rang his parents to ask them to check the news, and during that it seemed the rest of the pub was erupting, quite....strange. I was just about to leave too! We stayed for a bit after that, and I then heard he wasn't dead was in a coma, then was dead. I was sad, me and marcamillian had a drink to toast his memory. For me growing up I didn't have much in the way of current music, but Michael Jackson was probably one of the first musics I had that was post 70s, so it was weird to think that man was dead. Personally I'm of the opinion he went all downhill when he got white.

But thinking now, I've got to agree(for once) with stuwii though, the man everyone loved has been long dead, but despite his pedoing ways and all of that, before them, he used to be cooler than cool. They didn't call him the king of pop for nothing, but...he hasn't been that for a while, so I wonder whether the fuss should be made now, or not. People were already speculating he wouldn't make it to the tour either. Anyhow, he was a legend of a man despite so many troubles, I hope he's finally found some peace.

How long do people give it before some lame tribute album is released? Contributing artists? Katie Perry, Lady Gaga, The Jonnas Brothers, Rhianna, Flo Rida? I hate it already :(

First we need one of those TV tributes you see on the Biography Channel with important faces like Vanessa Feltz.

I'm fucking sick of Uri Geller on the BBC. An hour ago he went off quickly saying he was too upset and now he's on again loving the attention. I've always thought he was a little bastard and most of his talking is about himself. "I remember in his darkest day on his hits album - which I designed the cover by the way - and..." Fucking wish he'd of died the useless bastard.

Might be better than GMTV, which kept repeating the comments of a MJ tribute act.

But thinking now, I've got to agree(for once) with stuwii though, the man everyone loved has been long dead, but despite his pedoing ways and all of that, before them, he used to be cooler than cool.

Don't worry, you're actually agree with me ¬_¬.

Today is going to be fun at work. I bet every customer is going to ask if I knew. Who knows, maybe the band playing tonight might belt out a few numbers.

Michael Forever

http://www.hcn.zaq.ne.jp/cabic508/rsf/mq.swf

To be honest, this wasn't a surprise. After what he's put his body through, anyone could figure out he wouldn't live long.

Either way this is some really sad news. A legend has left us.

Too bad, I was looking forward to the cooperation with 50 cent he was planning (just to hear what the results would be. 50cent is one of the worst rappers around).

Edited by darkjak

jimbob: Earth Song? really? It's clearly all about Off The Wall.

Earth Song has got to be one of Jackson's best work. Everyone i know, even the Jackson haters all like this song. It just has something about it which makes it so so special.

It will be the first song i listen to later in respect to such a talented individual. And it will be the long 6 1/2 minute version from the album "HIstory", not the cut-back radio edit version which is 5 minutes or so which is on the "Essentials" album.

QFT.

Seen how sales of his albums have rocketed even in the short time since he died. Crazy. I already own all his albums some of them even more than once so I won't be joining the stampede to buy them now...

I only need two more i believe, and that is the "Off the Wall" and "Blood on the Dancefloor" albums.

There are more jokes going around about Michael Jackson, i don't find them at all amusing as this is one celebrity i am mourning.

I've seen one joke thus far:

"micheal jackson had to cancel all of his dates ... anthony aged 9 and megan aged 7!"

I've seen one joke thus far:

"micheal jackson had to cancel all of his dates ... anthony aged 9 and megan aged 7!"

That's really bad :( I can't believe that loads of people still think he abused those kids, well I can actually because a lot of people are painfully predictable and believe pretty much everything they read in the papers... :indeed:

He was a nice guy who was just tragically misunderstood Imo... anyone ever hear the story of when he went to London and wanted to meet homeless people because he didn't believe that there were people living on the streets? after he saw that it was true, he secretly ordered a load of Pizzas which were then delivered to loads of homeless people, it's a pretty odd thing to do really but well-meaning. :)

Edited by S.C.G

To be honest, this wasn't a surprise. After what he's put his body through, anyone could figure out he wouldn't live long.

Either way this is some really sad news. A legend has left us.

Too bad, I was looking forward to the cooperation with 50 cent he was planning (just to hear what the results would be. 50cent is one of the worst rappers around).

Wasn't he working with one of the Black Eyed Peas? I think tha could've worked.