N-Europe

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was joking dude, hence the "=p". But still, I feel that when every option is available, people refuse to think carefully about their choices. In fact, people make demonstrably poorer choices the more things they have to choose from. I just think that a little social judgement isn't misplaced. I respect the fact that you don't judge these people, it's an admirable trait. In fact, this shit is so thoroughly unimportant that I resent it taking up my fucking time.

Check this shit out, it's way cool:

Hehe, I know, but sometimes your attitude gets a little on my nerves, so I bite back a little. :heh: You do make a valid point there, though - how about trying that a bit more often instead of simply being smug? ;) I know you're perfectly well capable of it, moreso than most of us in here.

Oh, and that video is indeed awesome. :)

Hm, I'm not sure exactly what your point it. They're definitely pushing boundaries, but I personally believe that to be a good thing.

All that I'm saying is that what they're doing is fine. They're just expressing themselves. However, there's nothing saying they have to be accepted by society. They have chosen to be different, and while we must let them be different, we don't have to like it.

Anyway, in the actual news:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/05/31/gaza.protest/index.html?hpt=T1

We need to stop being afraid to speak out against Israel and other jewish organizations because we're afraid of being called an anti-semetic. The fact that the American government basically pays for these things to happen is disgusting.

Edited by Emasher

People who harass other, people who feel the need to beat up others, generally people who hurt others physically and/or emotionally. Well, those are not really silly, more stupid and sad. Other silly and sad people include those who wank on Chat Roulette.

Who are you to judge me, man?

All that I'm saying is that what they're doing is fine. They're just expressing themselves. However, there's nothing saying they have to be accepted by society. They have chosen to be different, and while we must let them be different, we don't have to like it.

But liking and accepting is not the same. Acceptance can exist in spite of dislike. That's the beauty of it.

Which would be a good point, except for the fact that in this case both are true. We obviously don't have to like them, we don't have to like anything. But we don't have to accept them either as its their choice to be different.

Which would be a good point, except for the fact that in this case both are true. We obviously don't have to like them, we don't have to like anything. But we don't have to accept them either as its their choice to be different.

Oh, but I'm not saying we to have to accept anything, either. I just personally think we should all learn to accept people's choices to be different more.

But I think our different points have been made. We're just dragging it out now.

I think a little nonchalance is a good thing. Not so sure about acceptance, but might be a bit better than open aggression. :heh:

As for me, I'm content to sit here and chuckle, grimace and lament my membership to a species so full of inconsistencies. And then await the singularity to happen so I can look back and laugh, as a post-op robo-sexual.

Is there no other news? Politico fever seems to have died down a little recently.

Indeed, although I highly doubt it, given that the moment they launched anything, the US would literally wipe them off of the face of the planet.

They don't care. Kim Jong-il is fucking crazy. If his regime is about to fall, he's likely to fire everything he's got at South Korea and Japan.

They don't care. Kim Jong-il is fucking crazy. If his regime is about to fall, he's likely to fire everything he's got at South Korea and Japan.

I can hear the faint sound of Tina Turner constructing a giant cage in her back garden.

Master Blaster runs Bartertown.

My post was sarcastic to be honest. Looking back on it, I can see why it was mistaken for me being literal though.

The fact that people can get away with anything if they're Jewish is disgusting. I really don't care if someone calls me an anti Semite anymore. The word used in that context has nearly become meaningless in it's miss-use.

Edited by Emasher

I hate how if you speak out against someone and they're of a different ethnicity to you, chances are you'll get labelled racist, anti semite etc. depending on the situation.

Our culture has devolved to a point where nobody can speak their mind. The whole Gordon Brown "bigot" incident is a major example of this. The woman wasn't being a bigot at all and was asking a legitimate policy question. Nowadays, due to the media incited hatred against people like the BNP, nobody will risk doing anything that could be classed as racist.

For me, if someone is being a complete douche, I'll tell them that. Doesn't matter if they're White, Black, Jewish, Muslim or American.