NEurope

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8385069.stm

An important day in the stand against a hypocritical religion that refuses the right to open worship of other beliefs on its home country's soil?

I think it should be noted that Islam is a religion of more then 800million people that stretches across every corner of the globe with large populations across Europe, Africa and Asia as well as the Middle East. You're going to have be a tad more specific about it's "home country's soil."

I like the swiss. There not saying you cant be a muslim. There not saying you cant have a mosque. But what they are syaing (in my opinion) is that it sould fit in with Switzerland. I would like this attiutude more in this country.

A minaret would make most cities in the UK look nicer.

I disagree. Dont get me wrong ive been to the mid east and they are beautiful. I just dont think they look right here.

A minaret would make most cities in the UK look nicer.

It's funny you mention that, because there's an old Art College that they have here in Newport with a funky type of Dome at the top of it. I've always thought the building looks like it needs a minaret next to it or something, haha.

They're knocking it down anyway, and building flats. But, for years (before I knew it was an Art College) I thought it was part of a Mosque.

I think it should be noted that Islam is a religion of more then 800million people that stretches across every corner of the globe with large populations across Europe, Africa and Asia as well as the Middle East. You're going to have be a tad more specific about it's "home country's soil."

Allow me:

I meant any country that is dominated by a muslim majority. And in particular, Saudi Arabia.

Smartass.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/biology_evolution/article6943469.ece

I found this rather interesting.

Basically, because of our love for feeding the birds, blackcaps are starting to adapt to our ways.

Usually, the birds fly to Spain for the winter, but now more and more (currently 10%) are coming to Britain instead, developing differently-shaped wings and beaks, due to the shorter distance and them not needing to eat fruit.

The main thing I'm curious about is how do these birds know that we're giving them free, easy-to-get food? Did one accidentally go the wrong way, ended up here then told his mates about us?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/biology_evolution/article6943469.ece

I found this rather interesting.

Basically, because of our love for feeding the birds, blackcaps are starting to adapt to our ways.

Usually, the birds fly to Spain for the winter, but now more and more (currently 10%) are coming to Britain instead, developing differently-shaped wings and beaks, due to the shorter distance and them not needing to eat fruit.

The main thing I'm curious about is how do these birds know that we're giving them free, easy-to-get food? Did one accidentally go the wrong way, ended up here then told his mates about us?

Probably. A few may have ended up in Britain by accident and/or because they couldn't reach Spain, and found food. They kept coming back, and a new generation was born. It is possible they even lead some friends on their migrations.

Anyway, it is still an interesting piece of news. I suppose that forbidding people from birdfeeding may even become an anti-ecological move, someday :heh:

This actually had me shouting at the screen and hiding behind my hands.

Dog thrown off Bridge in Lithuania.

They hoped it would survive, but it later died of internal injuries. The guy could get "up to a year" in jail. I'm thinking they should throw him off the same bridge, and see if he ends up surviving.

This actually had me shouting at the screen and hiding behind my hands.

Dog thrown off Bridge in Lithuania.

They hoped it would survive, but it later died of internal injuries. The guy could get "up to a year" in jail. I'm thinking they should throw him off the same bridge, and see if he ends up surviving.

The thought that keeps pressing its way into my head is: "Why?" Why the hell would he do such a thing? Because it would be "fun"? Let's see how fun he thinks a bullet to the knee cap is.

Oh my god. That is one of the most sickest things I've ever seen. I'm actually disgusted.

You can hear the dogs whimpers and they're still laughing.

Oh my god. That is one of the most sickest things I've ever seen. I'm actually disgusted.

You can hear the dogs whimpers and they're still laughing.

Is it a bad thing that very little actually disgusts me any more? Dont get me wrong its shockng. But i dosent actually shock me. The worls full of cunts.

Is it bad that I don't really care because it's a dog? Virtually any other animal and I would care a lot...

Is it a bad thing that very little actually disgusts me any more? Dont get me wrong its shockng. But i dosent actually shock me. The worls full of cunts.

Well, at some point you can probably get used to seeing and hearing about this kind of digusting acts. I mean, I'm not shocked that someone could do this - I'm well aware of how cruel and emotionless humans can be. But it still disgusts me that they can be so cold and heartless.

Is it bad that I don't really care because it's a dog? Virtually any other animal and I would care a lot...

Have you had bad experiences with dogs?

Have you had bad experiences with dogs?

Possibly, but if I do then I don't remember the experience, I just don't like them (although I would never harm a dog myself).

Funny people can track down dog hurters but not Maddie....

Yeah, funny. I mean, the blatantly clear video evidence had nothing to do with it...

Funny people can track down dog hurters but not Maddie....

Not exactly the same, now, is it? It's not like the dog hurters kidnapped someone and tried not to get caught. They probably didn't even realise they would actually get in trouble for it.

Isn't it well known fact that the Maddie kidnapper uploaded a video to Youtube of him doing so?

A soldier from the 1st Battalion The Royal Anglian Regiment has been killed in afghanistan taking the number in 2009 to the sad milestone of 100.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, nor the years contemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8400444.stm

Am I the only person who thinks that the number is amazingly low for a war?

Am I the only person who thinks that the number is amazingly low for a war?

Its a conflict war hasnt been declared.

Its around 1% of the people out there. But if you or someone you love is in that 1% then its 100%

It dosent matter if its 1 or 100000 its not any less sad.