NEurope

Just because if i said them or us i would get slagged. Even though i woudnt meen it in a bad way. I was just making a point before i got calle the spawn of the devil or some such.

Just because if i said them or us i would get slagged. Even though i woudnt meen it in a bad way. I was just making a point before i got calle the spawn of the devil or some such.

The semantics are fine, its the grammar that was weird. Putting it apostrophes indicates a kind of sly "its not real" attitude. Like how when Stephen Gatley/Matt Lucas' partner died they kept referring to their "husband" in The Sun, indicate its not really real and is make believe.

But to put 'gay' like that kinda suggests you don't believe gay people are real.

The semantics are fine, its the grammar that was weird. Putting it apostrophes indicates a kind of sly "its not real" attitude. Like how when Stephen Gatley/Matt Lucas' partner died they kept referring to their "husband" in The Sun, indicate its not really real and is make believe.

But to put 'gay' like that kinda suggests you don't believe gay people are real.

Im not sure they are. I think there made up like the boggie monster to scare small children.

Im joking by the way it just seemed a funny comment from ash.

Im not sure they are. I think there made up like the boggie monster to scare small children.

Im joking by the way it just seemed a funny comment from ash.

Y'know I'm bloody glad I noticed the sarcasm in that.

Its still horrible that if you're gay you have to be seperated out like you are going to cause some world downfall by marrying somebody you love - sigh.

But what if you don't want a religious marriage as a heterosexual couple? What if you, like these two, do not like what the Church stands for and would rather have a marriage unrelated to religion?

But what if you don't want a religious marriage as a heterosexual couple? What if you, like these two, do not like what the Church stands for and would rather have a marriage unrelated to religion?

Then you can have a civil ceremony at the registers office.

1) Yeah, exactly.

2) But it can legally be called a marriage. A homosexual civil partnership cannot.

Its still horrible that if you're gay you have to be seperated out like you are going to cause some world downfall by marrying somebody you love - sigh.

Life isnt fair. And lets face it marriage is tied well and truely in to the church and 1jesus hates many people but none more than homosexuals'.(actually watching the family gay as i type this funny eh)

Its called "marriage" if you're gay.

Not in the UK its not. At least not in the eyes of the law any way.

Not in the UK its not. At least not in the eyes of the law any way.

judge+dredd.jpg

1) Yeah, exactly.

2) But it can legally be called a marriage. A homosexual civil partnership cannot.

... But why can't the couple in the news article get a civil partnership, then? :confused:

Life isnt fair. And lets face it marriage is tied well and truely in to the church

Yeah, because it's not like people married before Christianity arrived or anything. :blank:

Life isnt fair. And lets face it marriage is tied well and truely in to the church and 1jesus hates many people but none more than homosexuals'.(actually watching the family gay as i type this funny eh)

True doesn't mean I can't be pissed off at the chruch though. :p

Dannyboy, danny never said that marriage didn't exist before the church. He was actually correct though, that it is now something the church is clinging to as their own in the wake of the recent (relatively) gay marriage debate.

Dannyboy, danny never said that marriage didn't exist before the church. He was actually correct though, that it is now something the church is clinging to as their own in the wake of the recent (relatively) gay marriage debate.

I know. I was questioning exactly the fairness of the Church calling dibs on marriage when it has in fact always been a part of human culture.

I know. I was questioning exactly the fairness of the Church calling dibs on marriage when it has in fact always been a part of human culture.

The church are just a bunch of ignorant morons, hence why religion is so redundant these days - I dunno if there's a God or not but I'm pretty sure he'd be pissed if he saw what the fucking idiots in the church are doing half the time.

I hate religion debates these days, because it is simply so damn clear that nobody involved actually knows what they're talking about.

I woudnt even just say it was the church. Im sure if they had tried to put the law through calling it marriage rather than civil partnership it wudnt have gone through.

I dont think joe public would have stood for it. But by calling it what they did it sort of sidestepped a massive minefield of problems.

Mininova Deletes All Infringing Torrents and Goes ‘Legal’.

For years Mininova has complied with these takedown requests, but earlier this year the Dutch anti-piracy outfit BREIN decided to take the torrent site to court nonetheless, demanding that the operators proactively filter torrents pointing to copyrighted material.

The case went to court in June and a few weeks later the verdict was announced. The judge ruled that Mininova is not directly responsible for any copyright infringements, but ordered it to remove all torrents linking to copyrighted material within three months, or face a penalty of up to 5 million euros.

To avoid having to pay these penalties, the Mininova team saw no other option than to disable access to all torrents except those that were uploaded to their content distribution platform. This means that only approved uploaders can share torrents through the site for now.

During the last few months, Mininova has extensively tested several filtering techniques, but none of these proved 100% effective. “It’s very unfortunate that we’re forced to take this action, but we saw no other option,” Mininova co-founder Niek told TorrentFreak.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8385069.stm

Hmm.

An important day in the stand against a hypocritical religion that refuses the right to open worship of other beliefs on its home country's soil?

Or:

A sign of growing right wing unrest, and a bad move on the part of the Swiss public making them a target?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8385069.stm

Hmm.

An important day in the stand against a hypocritical religion that refuses the right to open worship of other beliefs on its home country's soil?

Or:

A sign of growing right wing unrest, and a bad move on the part of the Swiss public making them a target?

Both probably. Although I don't think fear of retaliation should be even mentioned, it looks bad on the Swiss and the Muslims.

What I believe is that the Swiss run a tight ship and have no problem of accepting emigrants as long as they abide by its strict rules. They also give a lot of importance to how the landscape of their country looks and minarets sure make a difference between the traditional houses they have.

And I love how they can make national referendums on just about anything.