Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2009/2010

Mr-Paul

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness, many people seem to not "get" certain footballers. For me, I cannot stand Peter Crouch. Many people don't "get" Berbatov. So, it's just one of those things, I think.

You have a point, FLiNk, but I just think that in this sense, Carew is one of the players that are easy to "get".

Talk about hyperbole. If you really fit that description I feel for you, maybe if you went to spec-savers you'd think differently of him.

Specsavers are shit.

I rest my case.

Edited by Roostophe
Automerged Doublepost

I think even I would look good against Malta.

Haha, maybe. :heh:

Still, I want the guy to do well. If scoring goals and playing well for his country is what it takes to get him feeling confident at United, then...ooook.

Tomorrow, Bolton. No Rooney, but Van Der Sar is back. Berbatov might be unable to play as his wife is giving/has given birth to their first child. This is a game we could very easily drop points.:hmm:

Also, the first game after internationals, you can never be sure what to expect. I hope the players are feeling up for it.

Haha, maybe. :heh:

Still, I want the guy to do well. If scoring goals and playing well for his country is what it takes to get him feeling confident at United, then...ooook.

Tomorrow, Bolton. No Rooney, but Van Der Sar is back. Berbatov might be unable to play as his wife is giving/has given birth to their first child. This is a game we could very easily drop points.:hmm:

Also, the first game after internationals, you can never be sure what to expect. I hope the players are feeling up for it.

Ture, I bought a Nani 17 shirt when we first signed him and ever since all I have got is banter from friends claiming he's shit. Occupationally a 30 yard goal shuts them up for a while but he has been disappointing. I know he can do better and Ronaldo says he can be great. I hope he is just a late bloomer.

Ture, I bought a Nani 17 shirt when we first signed him and ever since all I have got is banter from friends claiming he's shit. Occupationally a 30 yard goal shuts them up for a while but he has been disappointing. I know he can do better and Ronaldo says he can be great. I hope he is just a late bloomer.

I still think if there had been no Ronaldo then Nani would be much more developed by now. The trouble is, he's seen his countryman do things at United and be successful. So, he's trying so hard to emulate that, especially now that Ronaldo is gone.

The most common mistake is that he just over-thinks things. If he worked on his crossing and got more balls into the box first time, or more corners that reached past the first man, then he would be a lot more praised as a player. He can do this stuff, but at the moment he seems to be overcomplicating it and overworking the ball. He has style, which is good, but keep it simple first of all. Do the simple things right. In my opinion, this is why Giggs is still getting played so regularly, because he does the right thing at the right time, in the simplest and most effective way.

Nani has got a shot on him, and he seems to have an eye for goal...If he was a little bit taller, bulkier and more composed on the ball, I bet he would have made a decent striker. Hmm, maybe. He hasn't got the right frame for it at all, haha.

Hammer Prediction time :grin:

Saturday

Lets get the most important fixture done first shall we:

West Brom 3 - 2 Reading

Arsenal 5 - 1 Birmingham

Aston Villa 0 - 2 Chelsea

Everton 2 - 0 Wolves

Man Utd 2 - 1 Bolton

Portsmouth 1 - 1 Spurs

Stoke 1 - 1 West Ham

Sunderland 1 - 3 Liverpool

Sunday

Blackburn 2 - 2 Burnley

Wigan 1 - 2 Man City

Monday

Fulham 1 - 0 Hull

There we go. Lets see if I do any better than last time :D

Saturday

West Brom 4 - 1 Reading

Arsenal 4 - 0 Birmingham

Aston Villa 1 - 3 Chelsea

Everton 2 - 0 Wolves

Man Utd 2 - 0 Bolton

Portsmouth 2 - 2 Spurs

Stoke 1 - 2 West Ham

Sunderland 2 - 4 Liverpool

Sunday

Blackburn 2 - 2 Burnley

Wigan 2 - 2 Man City

Monday

Fulham 3 - 1 Hull

My predictions. I've got a feeling West Brom will thrash Reading this weekend.

On the whole, I think your predictions were pretty sound, DuD. I only ended up changing a few scores that I thought/think will be different.

I still think if there had been no Ronaldo then Nani would be much more developed by now. The trouble is, he's seen his countryman do things at United and be successful. So, he's trying so hard to emulate that, especially now that Ronaldo is gone.

The most common mistake is that he just over-thinks things. If he worked on his crossing and got more balls into the box first time, or more corners that reached past the first man, then he would be a lot more praised as a player. He can do this stuff, but at the moment he seems to be overcomplicating it and overworking the ball. He has style, which is good, but keep it simple first of all. Do the simple things right. In my opinion, this is why Giggs is still getting played so regularly, because he does the right thing at the right time, in the simplest and most effective way.

Nani has got a shot on him, and he seems to have an eye for goal...If he was a little bit taller, bulkier and more composed on the ball, I bet he would have made a decent striker. Hmm, maybe. He hasn't got the right frame for it at all, haha.

Like I've said before I don't think he will ever be Ronaldo Mk II but a Nani Mk I might be a great player.

----

Saturday

Arsenal 5 - 0 Birmingham

Aston Villa 2 - 2 Chelsea

Everton 2 - 0 Wolves

Man Utd 3 - 0 Bolton

Portsmouth 1 - 2 Spurs

Stoke 1 - 1 West Ham

Sunderland 1 - 3 Liverpool

Sunday

Blackburn 2 - 0 Burnley

Wigan 1 - 3 Man City

Monday

Fulham 1 - 1 Hull (Bullard)

I'll have a go at this prediction malarkey :)

Saturday

West Brom 1 - 1 Reading

Arsenal 4 - 0 Birmingham

Aston Villa 1 - 1 Chelsea

Everton 2 - 1 Wolves

Man Utd 4 - 0 Bolton

Portsmouth 1 - 3 Spurs

Stoke 1 - 0 West Ham

Sunderland 2 - 3 Liverpool

Sunday

Blackburn 3 - 0 Burnley

Wigan 1 - 2 Man City

Monday

Fulham 3 - 1 Hull

I went with a 3 -2 result for the baggies game because reading seem to have goals in them away from home, i just think we'll be better. That being said, if whatever was going on before the break is now sorted we're gonna be looking to stamp some authoritar.

Arsenal v Brum was a bit of a no brainer, its just a question of how many the gunners will score and whether or not they'll concede.

Villa / Chelsea: Villa seem to be struggling for consistancy, Chelsea on the otherhand are flying pretty much untroubled at the moment. Sorry Villan but i dont think this game is gonna be the one to slow chelsea down.

Everton v Dingles... I reckon the toffees have the points here and it may be down to the fact that i don't have any love for the wolves, but i just don't see them posing much of a threat.

Utd / Boton. Van der back between the sticks will be a boost. However (and maybe i'm not giving him enough credit here), seeing as its his first game back i decided against a clean sheet..?

I can't see Utd slipping up here, but Bolton have looked alright recently. So 2 - 1 seems pretty fair.

Pompy v Spurs: I'm expecting a decent game but not many goals. Harry will want to beat Pompy, Pompy will want to tear Harry a new one. I reckon a low score draw, but an entertaining match.

Stoke / West Ham. I'm not expecting much here. I went for the same scoreline, however its gonna be last game on MotD material.

Sunderland / Liverpool... Comfortable win for the pool. Can't really say much more. I kinda just thought the score sounded about right.

Blackburn v Burnley. I've gone on the assumption that derby = goals. I'd be surprised if Burnley aren't up for it, and big sam would be pissed off at losing this 'en... so 2 - 2 seems in order. maybe a sending off as well..?

Wigan / City: After losing out to Hull, wigan will want to show beating Chelsea wasn't a fluke. However... beating Chelsea was a fluke. I reckon Wigan will score but City will have their number.

Fulham / Hull. Finally... Fulham ain't done too well in the league recently so it'll be a game to turn it around for them. Plus they've got the former Baggies men in their locker, what more could they need??? :heh:

This started as a reply to FLiNk's post explaining how i arrived at my prediction for the West Brom score, then i somehow ended up explaining the lot. Sorry :grin:

West Brom 1 - 1 Reading

Boooooooooo = p

Villa / Chelsea: Villa seem to be struggling for consistancy, Chelsea on the otherhand are flying pretty much untroubled at the moment. Sorry Villan but i dont think this game is gonna be the one to slow chelsea down.

No need to be sorry; I reckon Chelsea might do us in.

My predictions:

Saturday:

WBA 3 - 1 Reading

Arsenal 5 - 0 Blues

Villa 1 - 3 Chelsea

Everton 2- 0 Wolves

Man Utd 3 - 0 Bolton

Portsmouth 1 - 2 Spurs

Stoke 0 - 0 West Ham

Sunderland 1 - 1 Liverpool

Sunday

Blackburn 1 - 1 Burnley

Wigan 1 - 2 Man City

Monday

Fulham 2 - 0 Hull

Saturday:

WBA 2 - 1 Reading

Arsenal 3 - 0 Blues

Villa 0 - 2 Chelsea

Everton 2 - 0 Wolves

Man Utd 2 - 1 Bolton

Portsmouth 1 - 1 Spurs

Stoke 0 - 0 West Ham

Sunderland 1 - 1 Liverpool

and more importantly

Wycombe 0 - 3 Colchester

Sunday

Blackburn 2 - 1 Burnley

Wigan 1 - 2 Man City

Monday

Fulham 2 - 0 Hull

Saturday

Arsenal 3 - 0 Birmingham

Aston Villa 0 - 3 Chelsea

Everton 2 - 0 Wolves

Man Utd 1 - 0 Bolton

Portsmouth 1 - 1 Spurs

Stoke 2 - 1 West Ham

Sunderland 2 - 1 Liverpool

Sunday

Blackburn 2 - 0 Burnley

Wigan 1 - 2 Man City

Monday

Fulham 1 - 0 Hull

Reading have only lost 2 of their last 14 away games, and WBA aren't on the best form right now. So a draw seems about right for me.

Just noticed Villa are winning 2-1 aswell...i went for a 1-1 draw. :/

Edited by MadDog

Well thats 1 wrong prediction so far :grin:

Not exactly chuffed to be trailing from the 6th minute as well. Come on lads.

:EDIT:

1 - 1 :D

Jerome Thomas on his first game back from suspension.

Come on the Baggies.

Edited by DuD

Not looking great for Liverpool at half time- struggling as usual without Gerrard and Torres. :hmm: We really need to pull something out in the second half! Funnily enough I was reading a thing the other day where Aurelio said the team need a result to help them kick on, as thats what happened when Valencia won La Liga under Benitez. Apparently they turned a game around from being 2-0 down at half time. Well, I think today is Liverpools opportunity to do something just like that.

With Chelsea losing it would be a good day for United to drop points too, but thats just not looking likely at this point. :(

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!