NEurope

Equally those with crap mans TV (ie. Me!), can enjoy tonights live champions league game on ITV, then FA Cup highlights 30 minutes after the match, followed by highlights of the weeks Champions League games.

Good night of football.

Well Stoke City dump out Man City out of the cup..with a couple of goals which didn't come from a set piece!( which is actually quite typical of this Stoke side) Ahhhh Mancini didn't like that. So proud tonight :-D

Well done Stoke! That means there's 3 midlands teams in the Sixth Round.

Can't believe Palace gave away two penalties, so foolish, but I'm glad of it as we're through and John Carew got on the score sheet. Now I can focus on the Carling Cup Final, but not before predicting the semi-final's of the FA Cup.

Chelsea vs Tottenham

Aston Villa vs Birmingham

Double Derby! Has to happen now doesn't it?

Can't stop thinking about Sunday now, getting very excited for the final. I think we'll line up like this:

Friedel

Cuellar Dunne Collins Warnock

Young Petrov Milner Downing

Agbonlahor Carew

Carew has been criticised for being lazy, but he's been lacking in fitness and he generally turns it on in the big games. I expect MON to pick Cuellar over Young at right back, as it gives us the best overall defensive option, although Luke Young would definately offer us more going forward if we need it. Definately Friedel in goal, Guzan looks much less confident than he did early on the in the season and he looks terrified during set pieces. Much better to rely on the confidence and experience of Friedel, it doesn't matter that his penalty saving ability isn't up there with Guzan's, we'll go into this to get a win in the 90 minutes.

I'll be watching the game with my United fan flatmate, it'll be a heated afternoon's action. Oh, and I suggest that everyone watch the BBC coverage of the game, they're supplying a full hour of match build up, compared to Sky's paltry 15 minutes. It's a cup final Sky, you need all the pre-game nonsense to build the atmosphere.

Fierce_Link (and any other United fans), how do you expect you will line up? My flatmate assumes you'll be playing a few youngsters, but I think you'll have a pretty serious team selection. VDS, Rafael, Vidic, Brown, Evra, Valencia, Gibson, Park, Scholes, Rooney, Berbatov? And is anybody going to the game?

Edited by killthenet

Oh, and I suggest that everyone watch the BBC coverage of the game, they're supplying a full hour of match build up, compared to Sky's paltry 15 minutes. It's a cup final Sky, you need all the pre-game nonsense to build the atmosphere. ]

There is the small matter of the Old Firm game, arguably the biggest derby in the country, if not world.

To be fair, with that haircut I wouldn't have shook Terry's hand either...

:heh:

I think he should have done this.

Ahh, I assumed the Old Firm game was on a different channel. Any other weekend and I'd be watching it, but I need to soak up as much of the atmosphere of the Cup Final as I can.

Best thing I've seen on Facebook just now: "Carlos Cuellar has accepted your friend request."

I'm not sure I want to watch MOTD tonight, by the sounds of it its a real sickener.

I'm not sure I want to watch MOTD tonight, by the sounds of it its a real sickener.

SkySports didn't show a replay of it.... Can anyone remember if MOTD showed the challenge on Eduardo 2 years ago?

SkySports didn't show a replay of it.... Can anyone remember if MOTD showed the challenge on Eduardo 2 years ago?

I don't think they did, if my memory serves me correctly then I think they showed just up to the contact but not any contact.

Was at the game today, disgusting challenge and a disgusting set of fans they've got at Stoke.

They were chanting "he's only got one leg" and "It's here, it's there, his leg is every ****ing where" after the tackle. Pricks.

I'm pretty certain that Match of the Day didn't show a replay of the Eduardo injury. I think they did the same as they did tonight, they show a few frames before the impact, but they don't show the actual connection...for obvious reasons.

From what I've seen, it does look a more "genuine" challenge than the one on Eduardo. I don't think it was intended to hurt the boy, and from what I can tell it was more mis-timed, clumsy and reckless than intentionally dangerous. The look on Shawcross's face as he cried when receiving the card and on the way to the tunnel does make me believe that no malice was intended. He looked very distraught, and it'll be a shame if he's branded a thug after today. This is just after my initial viewing though...

I hope Ramsey gets well soon and has a full recovery. Also, well done to the Arsenal players who regained their composure after witnessing that and going on to win the game. The look of horror was clear to see, but you can tell who they were thinking of when they celebrated at the end. It was for Ramsey, no doubt about it.

Also, that was the worst Chelsea defensive display I think I've seen for a very long time. Carvalho and Terry looked like they hadn't played together all season. Very disjointed.

I'm pretty certain that Match of the Day didn't show a replay of the Eduardo injury. I think they did the same as they did tonight, they show a few frames before the impact, but they don't show the actual connection...for obvious reasons.

From what I've seen, it does look a more "genuine" challenge than the one on Eduardo. I don't think it was intended to hurt the boy, and from what I can tell it was more mis-timed, clumsy and reckless than intentionally dangerous. The look on Shawcross's face as he cried when receiving the card and on the way to the tunnel does make me believe that no malice was intended. He looked very distraught, and it'll be a shame if he's branded a thug after today. This is just after my initial viewing though...

I hope Ramsey gets well soon and has a full recovery. Also, well done to the Arsenal players who regained their composure after witnessing that and going on to win the game. The look of horror was clear to see, but you can tell who they were thinking of when they celebrated at the end. It was for Ramsey, no doubt about it.

Also, that was the worst Chelsea defensive display I think I've seen for a very long time. Carvalho and Terry looked like they hadn't played together all season. Very disjointed.

Seen it a few times now and it's a nae a great challenge. Obviously wasn't intentional, the lad Shawcross isn't a dirty player and you could see how visibally upset he was afterwards. Both players were commited in going for the ball and that speed any sort of misjudgement in tackling can lead to what happened. Hope he recovers ok as he does look a player.

Was at the game today, disgusting challenge and a disgusting set of fans they've got at Stoke.

They were chanting "he's only got one leg" and "It's here, it's there, his leg is every ****ing where" after the tackle. Pricks.

Doesn't matter what ground you go to mate, you're always going to get a section of the crowd being wankers. Even at the Emirates.

Had to laugh at Wenger's interview after the game, he basically said that all the injuries happening to Arsenal players weren't coincidence but other teams intentionally hurting his players.

Edited by Jon

Doesn't matter what ground you go to mate, you're always going to get a section of the crowd being wankers. Even at the Emirates.

Very true, just a shame this happened to be a whole section that is happily situated next to the away support.

It is horrible when any football fan thinks that it is funny to mock such a disturbing incident such as this. It just shows a lack of class, and a lack of humanity. That type of behaviour is exactly what gives people a bad perception of football.

I'm hopeful that we won't let you down Ramar, should be a fantastic game regardless.

Come on Villa!!

Man U have gone ahead via Wayne Rooney no less.

And they've won it.

I put a fiver on Man Utd just before Rooney came on as I thought he'd make the difference.

Not a particularly excited game in my view, Man United probably deserved it more but how the hell Vidic wasn't sent off is beyond me.

Man U have gone ahead via Wayne Rooney no less.

With an excellent header i might add.

Pretty good game, Vidic was damn lucky to remain on the pitch from his tackle which lead to Villa's penalty goal. Still, was a good game.

Gutted for Villa, they deserve a trophy. Vidic should of gone. I feel sorry for Owen, scores a great goal, goes off injured, then everyone starts praising Rooney when he wasn't even the best player on the pitch.

Not a particularly excited game in my view, Man United probably deserved it more but how the hell Vidic wasn't sent off is beyond me.

Typical refs bottling it against Man Utd, been going on for years now. It was a ridiculous decision not brandish any card. Then straight after he books two Villa players for similar tackles, but a United player doesn't see a card until 30 odd minutes. Consistancy Dowd, you prat.