N-Europe

Perfect Dark XBLA

Gizmo

Hmm, it looks like it's only 4-player online multiplayer, which is slightly dissapointing (I was hoping that it would replace all the possible bot positions with other players). Still, it's going to be great (we need to have 4 of us Vs an army of Perfect Bots).

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I think the ability to scan your face and put it in the game may be there, looks like they have allready done it tbh, look at the screen that has one of Cassandra's body guards...

I'm sure their faces didn't look like that before... looks like they've mapped a different head onto the body. :blank:

Heres a pic from the original N64 version for great justice!

See? :heh: right I'm calling it, the camera face-mapping is in the XBLA version.

I thought that the moment I saw that screen glad I'm not the only one. Farsight + decent framerate = best (and probably worst considering I'll die so much) thing ever.

This still has bots in it right?

Oh shit man, PD XBLA. Dan's been raving about it but I never saw the thread, I never dared to believe ;_;

I never did get past ranking 4: Elite on the N64 multiplayer, maybe I can get to 1 this time...

I have been waiting for this for years. My god 2 games i've wanted for a good 10 years, a new AvP and PD. Both in the same year *jizzes*

Don't want to sound arrogant but I was pretty much a master of the original. Got to Invincible:3 in multi-player. Could pretty much headshot everyone. Though I think I/we will get our asses handed to us thanks to rejigged controls. Who wants to call the button mapping now? I reckon;

L - Aim

L + up/down (d pad) - Crouch

R - Shoot

X - Reload

A - Activate

B - Secondary function

Y - ???

Sticks - Move/Strafe.

I think that's a pretty safe bet. Though let's face it the PD controls were slow. However by making them faster surely that'll compromise how good the AI is and you'll breeze through the single player. I'd personally like to see an aiming sensitivity bar installed but don't have it so fast that it makes you stupidly good against the original AI. Though I could totally be underestimating the work being put into it. Updated AI? Would make sense I guess. Not so sure what I think about the face mapping feature. I think Rare would try their utmost to stick it in, they were pretty disappointed in its removal. Why does it seem as if the guns have new textures compared to the old screens? Surely it's not just because it's HD. The only thing that's going to frustrate me is getting everything I had in original, all over again :p (Took 7 years to reach invincible rank)

EDIT: Achievement for finding all the cheeses? ;)

Edited by ViPeR

I have been waiting for this for years. My god 2 games i've wanted for a good 10 years, a new AvP and PD. Both in the same year *jizzes*

Don't want to sound arrogant but I was pretty much a master of the original. Got to Invincible:3 in multi-player. Could pretty much headshot everyone. Though I think I/we will get our asses handed to us thanks to rejigged controls. Who wants to call the button mapping now? I reckon;

L - Aim

R - Shoot

X - Reload

A - Activate

B - Secondary function

Y - ???

Sticks - Move/Strafe.

I think that's a pretty safe bet. Though let's face it the PD controls were slow. However by making them faster surely that'll compromise how good the AI is and you'll breeze through the single player. I'd personally like to see an aiming sensitivity bar installed but don't have it so fast that it makes you stupidly good against the original AI. Though I could totally be underestimating the work being put into it. Updated AI? Would make sense I guess. Not so sure what I think about the face mapping feature. I think Rare would try their utmost to stick it in, they were pretty disappointed in it's removal. Why does it seem as if the guns have new textures compared to the old screens? Surely it's not just because it's HD. The only thing that's going to frustrate me is getting everything I had in original, all over again :p (Took 7 years to reach invincible rank)

What was rank no.2 cos i had that :D Was on that for absolutely ages that I just gave up on getting rank 1. Four player multiplayer everyday after school will do that for you.

And I nearly did all the challenges...hmmm i may have done all of them except for a few of the multiplayer ones cos they were just evil. Can't remember. I do remember fighting two elvis' and my god, 1 hit kills galore.

My mates and I used to train by using fist sims on max difficulty on the temple level. Actually, that was less training and more our own version of L4D as they would not shoot you, but they would chop you into submission. So funny when you vision would go blurry and you just knew you were dead. They could also use that gun which injects something into you, killing you in 1 hit but only of course from close range. THOSE were the good times.

Oh man, reading yours and Viper's post is bringing back some awesome memories.

Best memory I have is (while playing multiplayer match on slow mo mode) entering a room for a gun, not there. Then friend enters room for gun which has just spawned. It's the shotgun. 1 clean hit from this and I am dead. I have no weapon to defend myself. He proceeds to aim at me. Just before he let's rip, I duck, avoiding the shot, disarm him, pick up said gun, and pour the full double shot into his butt. I still remind him of this till this day. :awesome:

I checked out CoD4 and that has "1-16 player" where this has "1-4 player".

Don't give up just yet, green signifies offline features. In other words this is going to have 4-player split-screen, but at the moment the amount of online players hasn't been specified.

Haha I have also great memories, some of the best in fact, of this game. It was my childhood game. I thought we were the only ones to do the whole "shotgun - slow mo" scenario. Clearly not :). It's just hilarious when you shoot someone in the face! Although I wouldn't mind 4 player only plus bots (i'm thankful it's even online) surely there's a way to replace bots with people. I mean it could handle 12 players in a match originally even if 8 were bots. If there going to so much effort then they might as well go the whole way. Imagine capture the case with 4 teams of 3 :D.

Haha I have also great memories, some of the best in fact, of this game. It was my childhood game. I thought we were the only ones to do the whole "shotgun - slow mo" scenario. Clearly not :). It's just hilarious when you shoot someone in the face! Although I wouldn't mind 4 player only plus bots (i'm thankful it's even online) surely there's a way to replace bots with people. I mean it could handle 12 players in a match originally even if 8 were bots. If there going to so much effort then they might as well go the whole way. Imagine capture the case with 4 teams of 3 :D.

OH we did that! Was utter chaos!

I still remember when I first got the game. It being an 18 and I clearly not being 18 :P. I was amazed/sickened/surprised at the amount of blood in the game. I don't know if any of you guys spent a good couple of hours plugging scientists with arrows and knives....

I still remember when I first got the game. It being an 18 and I clearly not being 18 :P. I was amazed/sickened/surprised at the amount of blood in the game. I don't know if any of you guys spent a good couple of hours plugging scientists with arrows and knives....

....no. I think I went to multiplayer straight away, but so many things were locked so went to single player trying to get stuff. Ah when i met the laptop gun for the first time ahhh. Never got old, placing the gun above a door. Kills galore.

Damnit! All this talk is making me want to play the game RIGHT NOW! :p :(

Hehe I was tempted to as well but I figured it'll only be a few months before this is on XBLA right? So I'd rather not play it until it gets re-released, that way I'll have more of a reason to play it and the nostalgia factor will be even greater I guess from not having played it for so long lol.

Also higher resolution, 60fps and online multiplayer ftw! :D

It actually looks quite good from those screens, even though i'm not sure if this game will hold out the test of time with this updated now.

May pick it up, not sure though. Would be nice to play it online as well.

Oh yeah, granted, the graphical update and framerate revision will improve the game no end but once we've all had our fill of the single player the online will keep people coming back for a good while I reckon as it was so solidly made at the time and I reckon it will hold up really well even today.

Having said that though, the single player should keep people playing for a good while too as the game did get pretty tough on the harder difficulties. :/

L - Aim

R - Shoot

X - Reload

A - Activate

B - Secondary function

Y - ???

Sticks - Move/Strafe.

I think that's a pretty safe bet. Though let's face it the PD controls were slow. However by making them faster surely that'll compromise how good the AI is and you'll breeze through the single player. I'd personally like to see an aiming sensitivity bar installed but don't have it so fast that it makes you stupidly good against the original AI. Though I could totally be underestimating the work being put into it. Updated AI? Would make sense I guess. Not so sure what I think about the face mapping feature. I think Rare would try their utmost to stick it in, they were pretty disappointed in its removal. Why does it seem as if the guns have new textures compared to the old screens? Surely it's not just because it's HD. The only thing that's going to frustrate me is getting everything I had in original, all over again :p (Took 7 years to reach invincible rank)

L- Aim? No chance, it will be redone with dual analogue.