NEurope
Gizmo

Perfect Dark XBLA

I imagine it will prevent you from getting achievements, and the same as it did originally, won't allow you to progress through the game or unlock any other cheats (only complete missions you've done already)

Anyone got any crowns yet? I got the first one but that's it so far. I don't even know how or why I got it either. I was just shooting guards and it happened. I've looked at the names of some of them, they're pretty damn vague. The 2nd mission is called "Close proximity" or something. So i'm thinking proximity mine, the dragon can be thrown as a proximity mine, kill someone with the thrown dragon lol. Nope, nothing. I've thrown it and blown it up with the K7 threat detector, nothing. I've even walked up and let it go off and ran back. I really don't know what else it could be.

The 2nd mission is called "Close proximity" or something. So i'm thinking proximity mine, the dragon can be thrown as a proximity mine, kill someone with the thrown dragon lol. Nope, nothing. I've thrown it and blown it up with the K7 threat detector, nothing. I've even walked up and let it go off and ran back. I really don't know what else it could be.

IIRC, there's a (some?) proximity mine(s) behind the isotope.

Just got the "Act Your Age Joanna" achievement for whacking all of Carringtons wine supply. Nice little bonus for taking the time to whack it all.

IIRC, there's a (some?) proximity mine(s) behind the isotope.

I can't believe I forgot that haha. I was actually going to check that room next because I thought it might have meant too close to the isotope.

Been playing this quite a lot tonight. I am determined to do it on Perfect Agent and thus, I've only done one mission so far. It is so frustrating just being returned to the beginning after dying, I've been so close to end of mission 2 three times now and just get mauled by that sentry gun.

I don't think the multi player has aged terribly well but it is still fun and online is cool. Why they had to make the menus for it look so ghastly is beyond me. The whole thing is also insanely smooth now, a stark contrast to the original, as anyone who has tried that recently will testify. Went on Halo 3 afterwards and I was actually put off by the less than 60fps of it all =P

Bargain purchase for £6 though :)

Playing this again has also made me realise how much more linear most FPSs have become these days. They really do hold your hand & guide you through where to go next, unlike PD where part of the fun is figuring out the best order to go about doing things.

Playing this again has also made me realise how much more linear most FPSs have become these days. They really do hold your hand & guide you through where to go next, unlike PD where part of the fun is figuring out the best order to go about doing things.

They don't make FPSs like they used to. As you said modern day FPSs just guide you through what you're meant to do next and if you die you pretty much respawn where you died. It's a bitch starting the whole level over if you die but makes it so much more important to save your health! And another thing is your shields don't recharge like all new FPS!

They don't make FPSs like they used to. As you said modern day FPSs just guide you through what you're meant to do next and if you die you pretty much respawn where you died. It's a bitch starting the whole level over if you die but makes it so much more important to save your health! And another thing is your shields don't recharge like all new FPS!

I still maintain that this and Goldeneye have never been close to being topped by modern FPS's. The whole nature of the genre has changed to something that's just not as enjoyable to play through.

Had a brief go on the the other night - I just did the first three levels super quick (got fastest times out of everyone on my friends list :P) and haven't really done anything, let alone play off agent level. Will go have a bash now, I think!

I still maintain that this and Goldeneye have never been close to being topped by modern FPS's. The whole nature of the genre has changed to something that's just not as enjoyable to play through.

I found it a little strange-feeling having to re-play the whole level again if i died. I'm so used to finding "Health" or allowing my Shields to re-charge if i get damaged in all these modern FPS games, and re-playing only from the last known check-point. I miss the good old days of the FPS.

I love how all these "noobs" to PD are all "yeah, gonna kill you with my Cyclone" and they never bother to learn the maps. Unlike us veterans of the game, who consistantly played the multi-player for years and learned the maps. Hence why i only died twice in a 50 point battle. They all used single guns, i used a double Cyclone combo and persistantly ammo'd up.

And as i hosted the game, i added Vengebots to the mix and allowed them to wipe them out. I loved all the noobs were all "wtf" when they got wiped out. I may go online again tonight and "own" them all.

I found it a little strange-feeling having to re-play the whole level again if i died. I'm so used to finding "Health" or allowing my Shields to re-charge if i get damaged in all these modern FPS games, and re-playing only from the last known check-point. I miss the good old days of the FPS.

I love how all these "noobs" to PD are all "yeah, gonna kill you with my Cyclone" and they never bother to learn the maps. Unlike us veterans of the game, who consistantly played the multi-player for years and learned the maps. Hence why i only died twice in a 50 point battle. They all used single guns, i used a double Cyclone combo and persistantly ammo'd up.

And as i hosted the game, i added Vengebots to the mix and allowed them to wipe them out. I loved all the noobs were all "wtf" when they got wiped out. I may go online again tonight and "own" them all.

You hosted an online game against randoms? How did you do that?

Had a brief go on the the other night - I just did the first three levels super quick (got fastest times out of everyone on my friends list :P) and haven't really done anything, let alone play off agent level. Will go have a bash now, I think!

Pff, I only played on agent out of curiosity, aim for my time on lvl 1 on secret agent :grin:

Urgh.

3 different control set ups and no option to switch the sticks to southpaw.

Bleh.

You hosted an online game against randoms? How did you do that?

Set-up a game, 4 bots. People joined it. And somehow, people create public games. Where-as i don't see an option.

Played a random game now, boy these noobs are annoying me. First game was a "Knifes only" battle, but somehow there were mines about. Second was automatics, and they kept lobbing the laptop guns everywhere.

Edited by Jimbob

I bought my Microsoft Points off Zavvi just this second. As soon as they arrive, I'll be getting this. Hopefully see you all online soon! ^^

I bought my Microsoft Points off Zavvi just this second. As soon as they arrive, I'll be getting this. Hopefully see you all online soon! ^^

If they're not instant delivery and you can cancel, consider this instead:

http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/VIDEO%20GAMES/XB21202INSTANT-Xbox%20Live%202100%20Points%20Card%20Instant%20Access%20Code.html

£15.99 for 2100 and you get them by email straight away.

Set-up a game, 4 bots. People joined it. And somehow, people create public games. Where-as i don't see an option.

Played a random game now, boy these noobs are annoying me. First game was a "Knifes only" battle, but somehow there were mines about. Second was automatics, and they kept lobbing the laptop guns everywhere.

Was that a local multiplayer or private? Because quick match seems to be matchmaking.

If they're not instant delivery and you can cancel, consider this instead:

http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/VIDEO%20GAMES/XB21202INSTANT-Xbox%20Live%202100%20Points%20Card%20Instant%20Access%20Code.html

£15.99 for 2100 and you get them by email straight away.

Damn' it, I already bought the points from Zavvi and they've been dispatched! >< Ah well, thanks for the link anyway, I'm sure it'll be useful in the future. :)

Finished the 3rd mission on Perfect Agent today :D Now to do the Carrington Villa level...it's only going to get harder =/

Pff, I only played on agent out of curiosity, aim for my time on lvl 1 on secret agent :grin:

Before I read this post I beat your time :P Pretty sure I can do it in under a minute too if I don't try for teh marquis cheat.

Played a few online games -- first game was on teh sewers map which sucked for ages until I took control of the shield position at the top, then I dominated massively. Each game afterwards I kicked repeated ass -- mostly because I knew the maps and the others, clearly, did not. They don't seem to notice the radar either - fewls!

Did all the target range that I can for now and did the first 13-ish bot challenge things until I got annoyed at how BROKEN and UNFAIR it can be -- essentially a race to the best weapon on teh map then an effort to cowl in the corner until the timer passes. I did all 30 of the challenges with three extra controllers plugged in back in teh day, so I'll do them eventually.

Actually taking teh solo game really slow... I think I've only done the first two or three levels on agent so far. Keep trying to do a speed run on perfect agent on teh first level only to get shot down RIGHT AT THE ELEVATOR DOORS ffs... Aiming to do the level in 4:30 at least.

Played a few online games -- first game was on teh sewers map which sucked for ages until I took control of the shield position at the top, then I dominated massively. Each game afterwards I kicked repeated ass -- mostly because I knew the maps and the others, clearly, did not. They don't seem to notice the radar either - fewls!

Lol yeah, that radar comment is pretty much exactly what I said on the previous page. Sometimes I would just follow someone around the room... something that you get away with easily in MW2 but with that radar you never should.

Beat your time by 2 seconds on Carrington Villa, Jayseven. Just thought I'd let you know :heh:

I used to spend ages on Area 51: Escape, on Agent, trying to complete it in under four minutes, and then try to beat my time over and again.

I've still got it, it never left me. :bouncy::grin: