NEurope
Gizmo

Perfect Dark XBLA

Bargain!!!.

800 points for Perfect Dark, only wish they did the same when both Banjo titles came out.

Bargain indeed! So getting this straight away now, I only have to buy 1000 points :) Very pleased with this news.

New info:

- 1080p, 60 FPS remake of the original N64 classic. Character models that were originally 300 polygons now boast 3500, while guns have leapt from 150 polygons to nearer 2000.

- Like the original Perfect Dark, Goldeneye's three best maps – Temple, Facility and Complex are included, but this time out there's a special bonus; Goldeneye's weapon set is also being included, meaning that for all intents and purposes the game has finally made it to Microsoft's console.

- 4 players splitscreen vs 4 players splitscreen over live, 4 player splitscreen offline, Counter OP,and Co-Op both online and offline, 8 players online deathmatch.

- "Multiplayer's also been boosted, with all the game's original modes now playable with eight players online. All the split-screen options are also present and correct, available both online and off. It's more than a recipe for some nostalgic shooting – Perfect Dark's multiplayer is still so compelling that we wouldn't be surprised if it managed to oust some of the bigger guns at the top of Xbox LIVE's most played list."

- "Spartan and Duty Calls" Controller options , "It may not be subtle, but Halo and COD fans will know exactly what to do once the game starts."

I'm pretty certain that I used GoldenEye's weapons in Perfect Dark on the 64...

I'm pretty certain that I used GoldenEye's weapons in Perfect Dark on the 64...

I remember it was only one weapon from GoldenEye.

You're both wrong i'm afraid :). Most of the weapons were available but only in single player. They also had to be unlocked. The way I remember it the PP7, Klobb, Soviet, DD44, AR33, RCP90, ZMG and D5K were the ones available. Maybe others but I can't remember. Rocket Launcher and the likes weren't in it.

Didn't they have the guns from Goldeneye on display in the shooting range area of Carrington?

800 points! Thats excellent! I'm so surprised at that! Maybe it's there little sneaky way of saying sorry for teasing us for so long!

Also that offical trailer got me all kinds of excited! :)

You're both wrong i'm afraid :). Most of the weapons were available but only in single player. They also had to be unlocked. The way I remember it the PP7, Klobb, Soviet, DD44, AR33, RCP90, ZMG and D5K were the ones available. Maybe others but I can't remember. Rocket Launcher and the likes weren't in it.

Ah yes, the Klobb! Even though I was more of an double cyclone guy (or in GoldenEye double AR33), hearing the sound of you blasting around with 2 Klobbs was mighty satisfying :D.

As a big Nintendo fan, and as someone who thinks games should usually be played in their original form, I must admit I'm a little jealous now, hearing all the improvements ;). Can easily imagine this being the best console mp fps experience, a downloadable port of a years-old game for god's sake :D.

I keep hearing about the aim-assist trend on console games, so I hope for your sake that despite the improvements, they stayed old-fashioned in that regard ;).

There has been no touching up of the aiming controls apparently. All that's been done is button remapping and camera control to an analogue. So it'll still 'feel' like PD.

There has been no touching up of the aiming controls apparently. All that's been done is button remapping and camera control to an analogue. So it'll still 'feel' like PD.

No touching up in "Legacy", however there are "Spartan" and "Duty Calls" control methods which I believe are full dual analogue.

Really? I watched the Ken Lobb walkthrough and all he said was that the buttons were mapped like they would be in CoD/Halo. It is dual analogue in the sense that the camera control has been mapped to an analogue stick but it's not true analogue as the N64 controller was 4 buttons. Saying that though it's probably exactly the same as a dual analogue game, which is probably what you meant. What I was trying to say is that turning speed, aiming sensitivity, none of that has/can be changed. Which is totally fine with me :)

Edited by ViPeR

I still think her face looks bizarre...

But who cares! It's Perfect Dark in 1080p, 60fps and four player split screen! So one wednesday next month eh? Not technically "Winter", but I'll let them off.

Day one purchase for me, N64 era was my fave gaming years :love:, 4 player split screen with mates on this Golden Eye and Mario Kart brings back memories :hug::bouncy::yay::laughing:

But who cares! It's Perfect Dark in 1080p, 60fps and four player split screen! So one wednesday next month eh? Not technically "Winter", but I'll let them off.

They've got until March 21st before Winter ends. So it could be 3rd, 10th or 17th. What's the betting it'll be the 17th.

I can't wait for this...

Please tell me you can play 4 player with the bots still on though...

I am just picturing me and three mates at my flat, few beers and this...

It's usually all online, etc. which is cool, but... God I can't wait!

I can't wait for this...

Please tell me you can play 4 player with the bots still on though...

I am just picturing me and three mates at my flat, few beers and this...

It's usually all online, etc. which is cool, but... God I can't wait!

I think it's 4 player split-screen (which by the way you can go online with as well so that'd be 4 on one console vs. 4 on another console but this probably removes any bots) with bots, 8 player online. Co-op and Counter-op online/split-screen.

Just a thought, but maybe they are referring to being able to use GE weapons in multiplayer - I'm fairly sure you couldn't do that in the original as they were cheats for single player mode.

If someone's mentioned this I'm not sure but every comment I skimmed over just said they were always in but not in what context.

I wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me either, it's still a shame though. Not just her face, her breasts are.. Nauseating (that's the right spelling right? :D). And that's coming from someone who doesn't object to voloptuous polygonal breasts :D.

I wish they'd gone for an updated version of the [original Japanese model]. That one was based on the likeness of the model (actual model, not a polygonal one :P) of the commercial. You know

. And while I'm at it, for the ones not aware of the changes to the Japanese version, check out [this completely awesome Japanese coverart], perhaps the most awesome coverart I've ever seen.

I'm jumping for joy for this update. Can't wait to get mates round again to start playing the challenges together. Watching the videos just reminded me how cool the music was too.

Definetly a Day 1 purchase here. Looks great, brings back so many memories of matches i've played. Can't wait to do it all over again. We'll have to set-up some sort of online session(s) with this.