Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Playstation Move

dwarf

I was genuinely thinking of picking this up on friday until I sat down and worked out how much it's going to cost. In reality, there aren't many games that I'd pick up for it at the moment which would still be fine but perhaps the main thing I'd pick up at retail (As I presume Tumble is a download) is Sports Champion and I'd need two controllers for that. Even buying the Starter Pack, I'd still be topping £110 or there abouts.

Little disappointed really. May just pick up the Starter Pack on its own and just mess about with the demos to see what's what before I buy anything else.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Playstation Move in my hand right now - yay Shopto! - but I'm less than impressed so far because the first demo I've tried so far - The Shoot - doesn't work properly... and yes I have calibrated it / updated / set it all up correctly.:rolleyes:

I shall try another demo now - Tumble - but I'm less than optimistic.

According to others on neogaf it is indeed broken.

I am thinking of ordering just Move itself as i already have the PSeye. Probably from shopto with RE5 Gold, Flight Control HD and Tumble off PSN. Already have several games being upgraded with Move for free so not too fussed.

£23 for a navigation controller.

Bargain.

Play and Amazon have them for 17.99. If you have a Dualshock already you can use that instead. Imo i would first invest in another Move controller rather than the navigation controller.

Resi 5: MOVE

Complete with waggle. ;)

meh, don't think Resi 5 was that great to start with tbh honest waggle isn't gonna make it great overnight.

EDIT:

You can watch a bitmob video on the move etc... here:

http://www.livestream.com/bitmob?utm_source=lsplayer&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=footerlinks

Edited by flameboy

My first impressions are really good so far. Tried all the demos, Flight Control and MAG beta.

Hardware: Excellent. A nice improvement all round over Nintendo's design. built in rechargeable batteries save all the hassle. Its light yet well built. The smooth shape helps in situations when you loosen your grip much like in rea life Tennis or Squash. The Move aspects are brilliant and clever overall. PS Eye on the other hand needs to be plugged via front usb on PS3. Thats horrible imo :p Calibration is really fast and easy for every game so far(you will do this often). PSeye is also larger profile than Wii Sensor. On my tv the PSeye covers the Panasonic logo halfway.

Lag seemed minimal. There is some(as always) but its about the same as a wireless Dualshock. Can use a wire for Move just like dualshock. Setting TV to game mode didnt make any noticeable enough difference but then again Panasonic's pdp's are the fastest in the business. PSeye sees well in darkish situations. Alot less fussy than i thought. Sitting down works fine.

MAG beta was difficult. Not only are really hardcore players in the beta anyway. Its hard to get used to the controls. The precision is very good but i still think a fixed reticule would work better for normal view so you turn better? The main issue is turning with the current setup as you move the reticule. Its excellent in certain situations though especially when still and aiming. Will test more.

Flight Control HD: Effortless. Very good if simple highscore based game. Fun too :) Glad I got it. Has option for 3d too. 4 player etc. :)

Tumble: Another excellent game. Showcases the precision and control Move is capable of. Multiplayer. Has 3d option which should be interesting with Move.

Sports Champions demo: Again good controls. Seems simple much like wii sports. Love how the controller detects when you let your hands loose in table tennis to quickly angle the racket(Move). Ubisoft's game allows for the same thing. Its impressive how easy it tracks these little but natural movements.

Will give impressions of other demos and game patches for stuff Heavy Rain and RE5 later.

The only Demo I ended up trying - that actually worked - was Tumble and that actually showcases the accuracy of the devide very well, the pointer seemed a little slow at first until I got used to it, seeing the pointer move in true 1:1 is strangely satisfying.

The only Demo I ended up trying - that actually worked - was Tumble and that actually showcases the accuracy of the devide very well, the pointer seemed a little slow at first until I got used to it, seeing the pointer move in true 1:1 is strangely satisfying.

yeah for me i think the pointer is a massive plus point. I think at times the wii pointer can be extremely frustrating and inaccurate.

meh, don't think Resi 5 was that great to start with tbh honest waggle isn't gonna make it great overnight.

EDIT:

You can watch a bitmob video on the move etc... here:

http://www.livestream.com/bitmob?utm_source=lsplayer&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=footerlinks

Everything I saw in the video looked terrible, none of the games were fun or worked properly. They were all glitchy. And calibration was there every few seconds which was very annoying.

I'll get to try this myself today so I will know if it was the control or them that was the problem.

yeah for me i think the pointer is a massive plus point. I think at times the wii pointer can be extremely frustrating and inaccurate.

I've never in my life had a problem with the wii pointer. Sometimes is can be too accurate. So that if your hands tremble, so does the pointer. But innacurate, hardly.

As for Roadshows, there's one in Dublin today that I'm going to.

Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/PlayStation-Move-Starter-Camera-Controller/dp/B003S9WRYW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1284715997&sr=8-1

selling Move starter Pack less than £40. Asda doing the same instore. Seems like a price war has begun.

That bitmob video is just terrible frankly. I wouldnt bother with it. There are countless better videos on the internet.

Oh...I seem to have completely missed all the build-up and advertising.

There's been very little build up but a fair amount of advertising. Not to mention every major newspaper has reviewed it. Move is a slow burn, Sony have said this. No surprise since the big games hit next year, although Heavy Rain and Resi 5 use it now and LBP2 and Time Crisis out in October.

Everything I saw in the video looked terrible, none of the games were fun or worked properly. They were all glitchy. And calibration was there every few seconds which was very annoying.

I'll get to try this myself today so I will know if it was the control or them that was the problem.

I've never in my life had a problem with the wii pointer. Sometimes is can be too accurate. So that if your hands tremble, so does the pointer. But innacurate, hardly.

As for Roadshows, there's one in Dublin today that I'm going to.

I mean its annoyance having the sensor bar as the method of tracking... Whereas the Move is completely 1:1 tracking the ball on the end so when your pointing at the screen its 100% accurate as to where your pointing something I don't honestly think the wii can do...sure with motionplus it can take 1:1 movement but representation on the screen it can't.

I mean its annoyance having the sensor bar as the method of tracking... Whereas the Move is completely 1:1 tracking the ball on the end so when your pointing at the screen its 100% accurate as to where your pointing something I don't honestly think the wii can do...sure with motionplus it can take 1:1 movement but representation on the screen it can't.

You mean the way that if the bar is under the TV, your cursor will be slightly below where you are actually pointing?

If so a dev could easily make it so you can adjust the cursor so it's slightly up. I think Twilight princess did this somewhat. But it's not really an issue, which is why no one bothered.

The Wii Remote and Move's pointers will both be inaccurate. It's unavoidable unless you want everyone to enter the exact location/size of their screens.

I can test this today. Tried The Shoot yesterday and it felt like a light gun game to me with no cursor. Can compare with the Wii using Ghost squad or HOTD? I also have the terrible Time Crisis 4 with light gun as well. :( I remember that was good but it was such a pain to setup and use. Oddly that used the same calibration The Shoot does.

serious question... if your pointing directly at the screen to aim, wont your hand and the Move's ball block your vision?

Im sitting here mimicking that scenario. What am i missing here?

I never had problems with the sensor bar because it let me point without actually pointing at all

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!