N-Europe

ModNation Racers!

Retro_Link

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are framerate issues and the loading is a little long and the online didn't seem to be working when I tried...

But the racing is rock solid. It's got powersliding and all. It pretty much is like Mario Kart except you can't snake. After a bit of powersliding the boost kicks in.

The customisation is immense. I haven't tried track customisation, not sure it's in the beta, but the cars and the little people are ace. Also, I take back what I said about the little people being charmless, they are ace. From what I can tell of the tracks that are included, track creation is going to be pretty comprehensive.

The important thing is the racing feels fun.

There are framerate issues and the loading is a little long and the online didn't seem to be working when I tried...

But the racing is rock solid. It's got powersliding and all. It pretty much is like Mario Kart except you can't snake. After a bit of powersliding the boost kicks in.

The customisation is immense. I haven't tried track customisation, not sure it's in the beta, but the cars and the little people are ace. Also, I take back what I said about the little people being charmless, they are ace. From what I can tell of the tracks that are included, track creation is going to be pretty comprehensive.

The important thing is the racing feels fun.

Just to go back to your previous post! That's the most important thing, I was kinda worried that the racing experience may be lacking but sounds like that perhaps is not the case.

Yeah, it's alleviated my worries. The camera seems a bit close to the racer but you get used to it pretty quickly. Can't wait to try some online races.

I'd definitely play this online. No problem. FPSs are a bit too intense for me to bother online but racing, I'm all for.

Yeah, it's alleviated my worries. The camera seems a bit close to the racer but you get used to it pretty quickly. Can't wait to try some online races.

I'd definitely play this online. No problem. FPSs are a bit too intense for me to bother online but racing, I'm all for.

same here...thats why I loved Burnout so much.

Just did an online race and found the track editor.

The online was fun. Didn't seem like many people were online.

There is a hub, like in Diddy Kong Racing where you access everything, career mode, online race, time trial etc. So it isn't really menu based, which I love. Also, the hub is linked online so I bumped into another racer while I was in it which was pretty cool. Also, all the electronic boards in the hub have up to date info.

Also, I found the track editor and literally within 5 minutes I created an awesome track and had a race on it against 7 bots. It's a breeze to do.

My one concern is the inability to edit the width of the track. Otherwise, I'm now officially excited for this.

Just did an online race and found the track editor.

The online was fun. Didn't seem like many people were online.

There is a hub, like in Diddy Kong Racing where you access everything, career mode, online race, time trial etc. So it isn't really menu based, which I love. Also, the hub is linked online so I bumped into another racer while I was in it which was pretty cool. Also, all the electronic boards in the hub have up to date info.

Also, I found the track editor and literally within 5 minutes I created an awesome track and had a race on it against 7 bots. It's a breeze to do.

My one concern is the inability to edit the width of the track. Otherwise, I'm now officially excited for this.

Is it easier to produce something decent than in LBP?!

Use the codes on the US account. Euro beta is next year but it will be a better version at least.

Right now imo its got a alot of slowdown. servers are crashing constantly. Havent had one online race yet. Customisation is excellent. Controls are abit fiddly for my liking. Would prefer face buttons for accelerate and boost. but it works so far.

Looking promising but i havent tested multiplayer.

• 5 weeks later...
Snap this up quick it's limited to 100,000 downloads.

Update - 82% downloaded nearly there

WOOP WOOP WOOP! I am very surprised to find that they havn't all gone yet and so I've got one! Reminds me I should never come straight home from work and set about doing work for work, always check the internet first! :hug: