Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Metroid: Other M

Retro_Link

One thing I don't understand...

I don't recall I was never given "authorisation" to use Power Bombs, yet they expected me to use them in the Queens' stomach.

Yeah I died a number of times there wondering what to do?

I thought I had to put normal bombs in the stomach but that wasn't workin. When I finally thought "power bombs" I had to check the booklet cause I couldn't remember how to use them :heh:

If the idea was to make the game more casual friendly how could they expect a casual to remember that? Somethng that was mentioned at the intro fo the game then you never hear of it ever again and your just meant to try and use them without being told that they are active?

Anyway I went and "completed" the game had 66% of items and under 9 hours... still too short I think.

Plus something I thought might have been answered at the actual end but wasnt...

Who was the Deleter? I assume KG was the one we saw being kicked into the lava and thats why he was never found, but who was the traitor? I think it might have been James but it was never said or stated. You would have thought Samus would have found out, was expecting a good cut scene with a confrontation between the two.

Also if Adam only left the control room when he saw Samus talking to MB (the scene you get when Samus gets his helmet), why wasn't he talking to Samus anymore after the Ridley part, which also suggested someone shot Adam? What happened there?

Or did I miss something somewhere?

Anyway trying to get the 100% complete now to get hard mode. But bloody stuck on one... NEED HELP it's driving me INSANE.

In teh Bioweapon Section, there's a missle pickup in what seems to be a tank of water, it's a two floor room, this is on the 2nd floot, there was an item on the bottom floor same room which I got, but the other one I can't figure out how to get into the tank. I can see a morphball hole in the roof of the tank but cant work out where to get into it from??? HELP

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In teh Bioweapon Section, there's a missle pickup in what seems to be a tank of water, it's a two floor room, this is on the 2nd floot, there was an item on the bottom floor same room which I got, but the other one I can't figure out how to get into the tank. I can see a morphball hole in the roof of the tank but cant work out where to get into it from??? HELP

Here you go:

In the middle of that upper floor, there is a computer display thingy in the middle with 3 screens. Go to the side away from the camera and you can jump inside it (because there is no panel on that side) and wall kick up it to find a secret path.

Who was the Deleter? I assume KG was the one we saw being kicked into the lava and thats why he was never found, but who was the traitor? I think it might have been James but it was never said or stated. You would have thought Samus would have found out, was expecting a good cut scene with a confrontation between the two.

Also if Adam only left the control room when he saw Samus talking to MB (the scene you get when Samus gets his helmet), why wasn't he talking to Samus anymore after the Ridley part, which also suggested someone shot Adam? What happened there?

Or did I miss something somewhere?

During the Ridley scene, The Deleter gets a shot off at Adam, but hits his headset instead, stopping him talking to Samus. The Deleter then retreats and you follow him soon after (he was leaving from the direction of the control room).

The Deleter was hiding in the room when you were talking to MB. He comes out to shoot her, but MB instead kills The Deleter. You go back later and find James is dead in the spot where The Deleter died. Hence he is The Deleter.

Quick question about you know who [Not that bell end Voldemort]

The thing about Ridley is, in a sense it isn't Ridley. Because throughout the story you see it from that lovely little imp thing all the way to the normal mode. As such it isn't the real Ridley. I know they mentioned this about Mother Brain and the Metroids, but I assume they "found" some Ridley bits on Samus' suit to recreate him?

Completed it earlier. Only 35% ish items, but going to go back and have a look. Not really that fussed about 100% and certainly not bothered with Hard Mode. But there's one item for starters which I know I'm going to be asking about.

Yeah I died a number of times there wondering what to do?

I thought I had to put normal bombs in the stomach but that wasn't workin. When I finally thought "power bombs" I had to check the booklet cause I couldn't remember how to use them :heh:

If the idea was to make the game more casual friendly how could they expect a casual to remember that? Somethng that was mentioned at the intro fo the game then you never hear of it ever again and your just meant to try and use them without being told that they are active?

You forgot? Disgraceful. I tried the same method as you then thought I'd try it for a laugh. Then after the credits it says you can. FINALLY.

Two things for the people near the end...

How do you sort out the "button" creatures? The ones which detatch from the walls at the end. On a brief search after the game for items I ran into another but as it did before it turns into a little green button, which doesn't seem to be affected by missiles. Then reappears fresh as a daisy. The reason I ask see t00

Why the fuck did those soldiers show up after everything's done?! Their comrades are being shat on. Samus is rooted to the spot and they finally pop out of hiding after half of their crew has died... fuckers.

All in all, it's not a bad game. Not great, just average. Some of the deliberate slow walking portions really let it down. These could easily be incorporated into a cut-scene. You know the ones I mean, where you can only walk forwards.

During the Ridley scene, The Deleter gets a shot off at Adam, but hits his headset instead, stopping him talking to Samus. The Deleter then retreats and you follow him soon after (he was leaving from the direction of the control room).

The Deleter was hiding in the room when you were talking to MB. He comes out to shoot her, but MB instead kills The Deleter. You go back later and find James is dead in the spot where The Deleter died. Hence he is The Deleter.

Did they give any other history for the Deleter? Apart from:

He had to kill everyone. They mentioned that everything fucked up because MB grew a conscience and it needed to be fucked up. Samus said [if I remember correctly] this was spoilt slightly by Adam and his massive showing up. The Galactic Federation quickly added this Deleter and noone suspected him? I thought he was part of Adams' team all the while, as such was he some form of latent spy who was "activated" when the Federation found out Adam was going.

Quick thing about le Zero Section:

Does it not have some form of evacuation protocol?! Adam says if enough shit is ruined it detatches and self-destructs. Fine, I accept that. But it doesn't allow any staff to escape?

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Hmm, played a couple of hours or so of this so far.

As a huge Metroid fan, it's "okay" so far. I can appreciate the story (although not the dialogue) and the gameplay seems to be doing most stuff right.

The game does feel a bit empty though. I think it's because so far there's so little music. :/ Virtually every environment so far is simply ambient sound, which is a shame. The old games had short periods with "ambient silenece" but most of the time each area has a strong melody.

Well i exchanged my 1st copy of the game for another copy of the game because it wouldn't play on either of our 2 Wii's. ( 1 a launch Wii & the other a newer Wii ) The replacement copy would only play on the newer Wii ( which will be going away with it's owner soon ) but not on the Launch Wii so i took it back to my nearest Game & exchanged it for Uncharted 2 & Bioshock 2.

I must say the staff at Game were brilliant, they offered me my money back or an exchange & the lad who served me the second time said he'd heard of a few copies coming back as they would not play on certain Wii's. Cheers Nintendo! I was looking forward to this. i'm just glad it didn't happen to SMG2 & at least i've finally picked up Uncharted 2 & Bioshock 2.

Here you go:

In the middle of that upper floor, there is a computer display thingy in the middle with 3 screens. Go to the side away from the camera and you can jump inside it (because there is no panel on that side) and wall kick up it to find a secret path.

Thanks for that Falcon, that display seemed like it was a circular display and never looked at it from behind, right thta is 100% complete for me. Kind disappointed really since I got the game on Friday and got 100% in under 10hours over 2 days :heh:

Was actually surprised by some of the items I missed, I could have gotten them much earlier.

Anyway thinking back over it, I did fully enjoy the game. This it's unfair to compare it to the likes of Prime and they are different gameplay styles. Though a bit more detail in some places (and maybe full scans ala Prime) would have been nice.

I reckon had we never had Prime and this was the first Metroid console game since Super Metroid it would have been called the perfect way to bring Metroid into a 3D enviroment. After finishing it my main complaint would be the lenght, can't remember how long previous 2D Metroid games took but it was certainly longer than time. I kind of remember with Fusion not finishing that for more than a week after buying it. And i actually never got 100% items on that either.

I started up a hard file and got to the first save point, just to get it started. Prolly won't do it for a week a two..however I was thinking how there are so few items to collect compared to other games (max missles is 80, wtf?) and that you don't really need even near max items to beat the game. Was thinking of trying hard mode without collecting any or at least minimal items, maybe one energy tank plus the items that make "concentration" faster, no missle pickups, with concentration that is pretty much infinate anyway.

Also went and watched the Theater mode for the laugh, jesus it is like watching a movie. It even starts off saying "Metroid: Other M, The Movie"

It doesn't just play the cut scenes, it puts in CPU controled gameplay in between and even plays out boss battles which are like little extra cut scenes which was nice. Watched it all... 2hours 15 mins roughly think it was :heh:

Yeah I had thought of that, but it would have been nice for Samus to find out. After see heads to Sector Zero that whole Deleter thing seems forgotten.

You'd think Adam would have at least told Samus, "oh and don't trust David Beck... I mean..James, he tried to shoot me, he's the traitor".

And with KG not found Samus might think he was Deleter. Which is kinda sad on KG's part, he'll come off as the bad guy, and considered "at large".

I just think they wrapped that bit up poorly. There should have been scene with Samus confronting James and him explaining what and why he was doing.

Is anyone else finding it hard NOT to compare this to Prime and feeling like Metroid : Other M - whichever way you look at it - comes up a little short? :/

I understand that it's moving the series forward but at what cost?

Maybe I just need to play it more but for every one thing that I actually like about the game the more I play it, reoccuring negatives prevent me from fully enjoying it.

Is anyone else finding it hard NOT to compare this to Prime and feeling like Metroid : Other M - whichever way you look at it - comes up a little short? :/

This is something that I keep coming back to and it's annoying as when I get down to write my review, I don't want to be comparing it to Prime, other than some fleeting mentions of gameplay mechanics that are no longer in the game. It's going to make it a very conflicting experience trying to write a review for the game as such.

Still, finished the main bit last night, only for my mother to come in and talk over the end cutscene so I missed all of the dialogue. :nono: Went back in this morning and started the mop up of items as well as working toward the proper ending. Had 62% collected when finishing so not much to collect in some of the sectors. Should take maybe an hour or so to get everything which'll bring my playtime up to about the 12 hour mark maybe. Still disappointed with the length. The good things about the Prime games is that the had good run times, especially if you went after all of the scans. This is probably more in line with the pre-Prime games in terms of run time but you do expect slightly more from a game of this calibur in this generation.

I'm liking the storyline, with all the twists and shit. One thing I'm not feeling is the referrence to stuff you know is bullshit:

"All the Metroids and Space Pirates have gone"

WRONG! You're going to see them in Prime, so shaddup. :blank:

Metroid Prime takes place before Other M.

however I was thinking how there are so few items to collect compared to other games (max missles is 80, wtf?) and that you don't really need even near max items to beat the game.

Even with the Piece of Heart style energy tanks? Gotta agree with ye kiddo. I think I was on about... 30-35ish missiles when I completed it.

Went through a treasure hunt. Got 94% I think. As a result I had to fight

Phantoon

Twice.

I understand that it's moving the series forward but at what cost?

Maybe I just need to play it more but for every one thing that I actually like about the game the more I play it, reoccuring negatives prevent me from fully enjoying it.

When I go into first person I agree. I keep wanting to strafe but I can't.

Metroid Prime takes place before Other M.

You're late. We've covered that. Errata's have been used.

Right I'm enjoying it so far but basically it feels like what Sonic Advance is compared to the older sonic games. I'm basically just pushing forward and occasionally shooting. Also where is the music?! Nothing so far even gets me remotely engrossed in the game compared to something like this:

That said the music that plays as you continue a file and a brief synopsis of what you've done pops up is fantastic! Anyways, just got the shinespark, how far through am I?

That said the music that plays as you continue a file and a brief synopsis of what you've done pops up is fantastic! Anyways, just got the shinespark, how far through am I?

I love that recap music. Might see if I can make it a ringtone.

I'd say you're coming close to the end. It's satisfying and annoying that once you get the Shinespark enemies which took the piss can be just spun into hell.

I love that recap music. Might see if I can make it a ringtone.

I'd say you're coming close to the end. It's satisfying and annoying that once you get the Shinespark enemies which took the piss can be just spun into hell.

I'm confused... Are you confusing shinespark with screw attack? Because I've played quite a bit since being able to shinespark, and I don't think I'm near the end yet..

I'm confused... Are you confusing shinespark with screw attack? Because I've played quite a bit since being able to shinespark, and I don't think I'm near the end yet..

I think I am.

Anyways. pr0 recap theme. Going to assimilate the thing with Audacity. I'll upload the file if anyone else would like a piece?

EDIT: Hell with it. Even if noone wants it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bc42bw5fqz980hx/Metroid%20Other%20M%20Briefing.mp3

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

I played a bit more on Hard mode... looks like my plan to go through the game without picking up items is going to go well.... considering there are no items to collect on hard mode...HAHA, I just thought Hard mode would mean enimies have more health and do more damage :heh:

Though kinda takes the piss a bit that even the devs are aware you don't need the items to beat the game.

Played as far as the bee hive boss thing. That fight was pretty intense actually with just the 99 health points. Obviously dodging was a must, messed up a few times though and needed to concentration to heal, but too many flies. Had to fight a bit to clear the air. Then try concentration. Could see one wingless one crawling towards me, thought right I'm dead. But just before he jumped on me I fully healed, haha. Felt good.

Can't wait to get up to some of the later/harder bosses and see how I can fair.

Edited by Mokong

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!