NEurope
Retro_Link

Metroid: Other M

Its an NTSC copy

Oh... I saw now that you are in Canada. Okay.

Still it's weird for them not to put the sign.

Oh... I saw now that you are in Canada. Okay.

Still it's weird for them not to put the sign.

It would be weird for Nintendo not to do it. We're talking about Capcom here.

I agree with the options thing. I love how Smash Brawl and Mario Kart give you like 4 or 5 control options but... Could you really use the GC pad or Classic controler on RE4? I don't think so, or am I mistaken?

Yes, you are mistaken

The question is why would you want to? The Wii controls were perfect. Really can't imagine going back to a GC controller to play RE4 now.

Because... some people want to. My mate hated the IR controls on RE4! It's better to have the option there than not to. I would have probably got Excitetruck if it had classic controls.

Excitetruck was decent and would've been easier to control with a normal pad, but that would've just taken away the defining feature that made it fun. It was good enough for me to S rank it all, but it still could've done with quite a few fixes and improvements.

Edited by dwarf

Sorry for derailment, back on topic, I know everyone here is obviously excited about the announcement but you have to remember it is just a video of what they are trying to do with the series, so I'm not raving about it yet.

I keep seeing alot of complaints about the color scheme in the game but i love it. The less it looks like any other game the better really.

I keep seeing alot of complaints about the color scheme in the game but i love it. The less it looks like any other game the better really.

The colour scheme reminds me of Zero Mission and it's vivid comic book style approach - I like it. I think it will fit more with the style of game they are going for.

The colour scheme reminds me of Zero Mission and it's vivid comic book style approach - I like it. I think it will fit more with the style of game they are going for.

Yup, I love it, I can't believe there have been complaints! In fact, I showed the video to my pal and he said it looked fantastic and "really colourful". People have been brainwashed into thinking everything should be grey and brown nowadays!

This game is going to rock hard. Whoever hates on this, I hate on you.

i absolutely loathed the art style of ZM. ugh

mother brain looked cool though

Edited by or else you will DIE

people are idiots for hating on it... EVen metroid fans are assholes sometimes.. I'll never forget the first time prime was seen... I won't be a sceptic about this..

Whether fans liked it or not.. Prime triligy has run it's course.. Something new and fresh is needed and I never liked the way the story was told in the older games..

I don't doubt you like it, or anyone likes it but I can't help but get the 'repeatedly remind users that I'm not a Wii troll' vibe.

There was an episode of the 'game overthinker' (google it) where the host talks about how people who won't play games with more than one primary colour in them are really Mainstream gamers rather than hardcore, and the reason they don't like them is because they think the games look too much like the rainbow flag, and that if they play them that makes them gay.

And based on previous information we have on the Mainstream demographic, I wouldn't be surprised if that's really the reason.

people are idiots for hating on it... EVen metroid fans are assholes sometimes.. I'll never forget the first time prime was seen... I won't be a sceptic about this..

Whether fans liked it or not.. Prime triligy has run it's course.. Something new and fresh is needed and I never liked the way the story was told in the older games..

It has the one thing I've been dying for, and jabbering on about, a story. (At least from what I've seen and read.)

I don't doubt you like it, or anyone likes it but I can't help but get the 'repeatedly remind users that I'm not a Wii troll' vibe.

Mario Galaxy is not a brilliant game. In fact, many aspects of it are incredibly uninspired. Ratchet & Clank is better because it actually has a semblance of personality.

Balance is restored.

Whatever I say, I'm going to either come off as a troll or....someone...who doesn't want to look like a troll? I'm amazed you think I care what people think of me.

I'm genuinely excited about this game. As I said above, it's exactly what I've been wanting from Nintendo, and games in general.

Mario Galaxy is not a brilliant game. In fact, many aspects of it are incredibly uninspired. Ratchet & Clank is better because it actually has a semblance of personality.

hey look don't worry what people think at least you're honest.. Now let's rip that statement above to shreds :D

see galaxy is a platformer.. it's nothing else.. it doesn't try anything else, doesn't try story, shooting,first-person or anything..

galaxy isn't the most original thing ever.. But it's a massive step in the rght direction from sunshine..

and I am worried in the sequel a lot of my complaints in galaxy don't seem to have been addressed even as early as in the trailer.. What happened to my beloved dive move!!! Used to make him travel way way faster.

anyway getting off topic.. Ratchet has been releasing a sequel almost every 2 years.. mario games tend to get the treatment every 4 of so years and when it happens tehy are very different to each other(bar galaxy 2)

@ Emasher - I watched that one after seeing you had posted a link in the general discussion. Was an interesting listen and mostly true. Look at what people said about Mirrors Edge, graphically, when it was shown/released. Critics loved it but I saw a lot of people moan about all of the colours and stuff saying it didn't fit or was distracting to the experience.

I loled when I seen team Ninja.

For some reason I thought they were behind the masterpiece that is Ninjabread Man.

But yea, looks awesome. Naysayers be damned!

Whatever I say, I'm going to either come off as a troll or....someone...who doesn't want to look like a troll? I'm amazed you think I care what people think of me.

I really don't think you do though, I was just under the impression that to avoid abuse you had to post in here to confirm that you like Nintendo or shoot down people who criticised you for being a fanboy. Thing is so little is known about this game so I'm not sure how you could say it's going to rock at this stage.

It probably will be awesome but I dunno. And let's not argue over Galaxy peeps, it's just opinion, although I side with Daft on this one rare occasion.

hey look don't worry what people think at least you're honest.. Now let's rip that statement above to shreds :D

see galaxy is a platformer.. it's nothing else.. it doesn't try anything else, doesn't try story, shooting,first-person or anything..

galaxy isn't the most original thing ever.. But it's a massive step in the rght direction from sunshine..

and I am worried in the sequel a lot of my complaints in galaxy don't seem to have been addressed even as early as in the trailer.. What happened to my beloved dive move!!! Used to make him travel way way faster.

anyway getting off topic.. Ratchet has been releasing a sequel almost every 2 years.. mario games tend to get the treatment every 4 of so years and when it happens tehy are very different to each other(bar galaxy 2)

Haha! I only threw that in as a point of showing I'm just saying what I think. I don't do the whole console war thing. Like Shino said in an other thread, I am a fanboy. A massive one. But I'm only a fan because someone is doing something I like. I loved everything Nintendo, then I bought a Wii and it didn't match my tastes. I bought a 360 and loved it because the graphics were amazing and the whole online thing was awesome. I got a PS3, I don't have to pay to play online and the exclusives are insanely cool so I hardly play my 360. Other M comes out and I'll be back on my Wii again. :heh:

There just is no point in having a loyalty to a particular company.

I know I'm in the minority, probably of one, about Galaxy but I don't mind if other people love it. Good on them! :smile: Personally I remember so many bits of R&C, bits which made me laugh or attached, that I can't help but feel when a game doesn't do this no amount of amazing levels and gameplay is going to make it match up. Like I said though, each to his/her own. It's not going to effect me which game someone prefers.

Anyways, back on topic, I wasn't too big a fan of the Prime trilogy. I just didn't dig the feeling of isolation. The actions didn't feel like they had any weight to them. This looks like it'll address that.

I really don't think you do though, I was just under the impression that to avoid abuse you had to post in here to confirm that you like Nintendo or shoot down people who criticised you for being a fanboy. Thing is so little is known about this game so I'm not sure how you could say it's going to rock at this stage.

It probably will be awesome but I dunno. And let's not argue over Galaxy peeps, it's just opinion, although I side with Daft on this one rare occasion.

People can abuse away. Hell make a thread about it if you want. I don't like Nintendo's general direction and I think they are an amazingly lazy company. Me liking one game isn't going to change that.

I think it's safe to assume the game is going to be good. It may, or may not, be brilliant. Fingers crossed it is.

They're emphasising the story and even if it isn't that good a story, it's a context that I value having in games.

Edited by Daft
Automerged Doublepost

Anyways, back on topic, I wasn't too big a fan of the Prime trilogy. I just didn't dig the feeling of isolation.

Do you mean you didn't feel it or you didn't like it?

Do you mean you didn't feel it or you didn't like it?

Didn't really like it. It was just a bit too detached for me.

Didn't really like it. It was just a bit too detached for me.

Now forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't that part of the whole Metroid experience?

Samus has no family, the Chozo have seemingly disappeared from space and once again, she finds herself the only one capable of thwarting such a dangerous threat that she has no choice but to go it alone.

Now forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't that part of the whole Metroid experience?

Samus has no family, the Chozo have seemingly disappeared from space and once again, she finds herself the only one capable of thwarting such a dangerous threat that she has no choice but to go it alone.

You're right but I think that's why Daft doesn't like it. The Metroid experience isn't for everyone!