N-Europe

Wii Sports Resort

Retro_Link

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should warn you now, stuwii... Manager Mode is a bitch.

If that is a fifa reference I must tell you that if this did have a manager mode it better not die like my fifa 09 one did

Did the zelda tp trade in deal. 25 quid off ta

Things I do not like so far- Powerboating-hard to control

Cycling- motionplus where exactly

Archery- great fun but the mario v sonic one was better

Edited by stuwii
Automerged Doublepost

Balloons

Day: 1

Evening: 2

Night: 0

argh!!... where are they!!

Let me know where you find them if you do, maybe the one on the day is the one im missing. ( still think its glitched )

EDIT: GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FOUND THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just in the shower thinking about where the hell the last balloons could be ( don't ask im very weird like that ) and then I thought about the top of the lighthouse and sure enough there was one person standing on the balcony area on the top of the lighthouse. Its hard to see because the balloon and the lighthouse are near enough the same colour. I loaded up the evening and there it was again! Im so happy :D

This game is so good. Played basketball for the first time and it's surprisingly good; shame there isn't a HORSE minigame though.

Now we just need to sit back and wait for all the motion plus goodness that is coming to us over the next few years. Zelda next E3 is going to blow peoples minds!!!

Oh, and Star Wars Unleashed 2...

System sellers!!!

I cracked the last two "i" points today. One was Sweet Beach, tucked away on the beach area (thanks GP32), and the other one I found accidentally as I headed out to scour Wedge Island again. The Expert Canoeist was in the middle of the sea, the crafty devil!

Does anyone else think that a Star Fox game controlled like Island Flyover Plane Game Thingy, would be absolutely fucking awesome?

Indeed. MotionPlus would be vital though; it's actually used much more than first meets the eye. Block the pointer with your hand then tilt the Remote and you'll see what I mean.

Motionplus in flying is absolutely pointless- heatseeker, blazing angels PERFECT ALREADY CONTROL WISE

I genuinely lol'd. Have you played the Island Flyover game? In fact, have you played WSR or used WM+ at all?

Heatseeker and Blazing Angels (Blazing Angels more so) are as far from perfect as you can get. The controls for Heatseeker weren't bad but they're not a patch on the Island Flyover ones. Trust me on that one StuWii as I've had extensive play time with them all.

Nice to see so much love on here for the flyover mode, it really is amazing though so not surprising. :hehe:

I'm now playing it by holding the Wii Remote in the standard way (thumb on the A button) rather than with the toy plane grip, find it much more comfortable.

I kind of wish they'd have included the control option that was discussed in the Iwata asks, where it was going to be using the Wii Remote held vertically like a joystick. That would have been so cool I reckon, but I can understand that they wanted to keep it simple for accessibility reasons. Hopefully they'll keep that in mind as an option for future games... Pilotwings or StarFox. :awesome:

^ Well I reckon a PilotWings sequel on the Wii is virtually a given now based on how the Island Flyover is going down. Think of it as Resort's answer to Boxing and we all know what came out of that: Punch Out Wii. It's too much of an obvious setup for Nintendo to ignore.

^ Well I reckon a PilotWings sequel on the Wii is virtually a given now based on how the Island Flyover is going down. Think of it as Resort's answer to Boxing and we all know what came out of that: Punch Out Wii. It's too much of an obvious setup for Nintendo to ignore.
I wouldn't count on it, I think as far as Nintendo are concerned, we have now got our fill of Pilotwings, Waverace, Mario Golf/Tennis etc...

The current trend seems to be, introduce all these possiblities but then not follow them up with anything substantial, because they tide the 'hardcore' over for a while, the casuals lap them up... and then Nintendo can move on to their Wii Fit Plus, their Vitality sensor and Wii Winter Sports Resort.

Well both Island Flyover and Powercruising have a lot of significant gameplay mechanics set out in them that would be significantly wasted should Nintendo not act on them and they must see that there is want for a new PilotWings and Wave Race and that these are two things which will further bring them home.

One thing about the Island Flyover: Icarus Bluff. Seriously Nintendo, stop teasing.