NEurope
Shorty

Left 4 Dead 2

Well, I've finally played the demo properly... and I actually like it, a lot. Essentaily, it's just L4D with different characters, more weapons and a few more features, but it's got a certain charm to it that I can't place right now.

Of course, with Modern Warfare 2 and Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles arriving soon, as well as Christmas and many gigs, I won't be able to purchase this any time soon. I'll deffinitely buy it at some point in the not too distant future though! ^^

I think the witches only walk around in realism mode. Otherwise it's business as usual.

They're walking around in the demo, there's usually one roaming around in the park. They're more powerful this time too, they'll throw you out of the way as they run at the target.

Cannot wait on this to be honest, far more hyped than I am about ACII or MW2.

I really want to get this but I really don't want to get XBL as well and I'm not a PC gamer. Bugger.

Dear God, I want this.

I'm going to get 3 months of XBL Gold for this.

Where's the cheapest place to get the game?

Where's the cheapest place to get the game?

To be honest ive yet to see anywhere good for a price. Everything i have seen seems to be around the £40 mark.

If no-where comes up cheaper i may just order it from GAME, pretty sure ive got some reward points stacked up.

Yeah, this is my one problem. L4D and this, I can't find for less than basically £40 and I need to pay extra for XBL. I really love L4D but it's too much money for one game. Knowing me I'll cave but it's damn annoying.

Its why I sometimes envy people who PC game more, its always cheaper. Damn them.

If I find it cheaper, I'll tell you, I could do with it being cheap too.

woop woop, £20 from steam for me ;) (3 mates and 4 pack for the win!)

Yeah, this is my one problem. L4D and this, I can't find for less than basically £40 and I need to pay extra for XBL. I really love L4D but it's too much money for one game. Knowing me I'll cave but it's damn annoying.

Same problem here Daft. I've basically turned my back on Live, PC gaming is just so much cheaper (typical £20-£25 a game rather than £35-£40) and the online is free. Unfortunately quite a few of my mates are picking up L4D2 and in order to play with them I need to buy the 360 version AND Live. That's like 3 times the price of the PC version! I'm gritting my teeth and getting it though, 12 month live subs can be had off eBay for £25 and I've got COD:MW2 to trade in against L4D2.

Changed my mind about buying this after playing the demo. It's great, don't get me wrong, but it just feels like an addon for the first game and isn't worth the price. Might get it in a few months if there's a great deal somewhere.

Same problem here Daft. I've basically turned my back on Live, PC gaming is just so much cheaper (typical £20-£25 a game rather than £35-£40) and the online is free. Unfortunately quite a few of my mates are picking up L4D2 and in order to play with them I need to buy the 360 version AND Live. That's like 3 times the price of the PC version! I'm gritting my teeth and getting it though, 12 month live subs can be had off eBay for £25 and I've got COD:MW2 to trade in against L4D2.

I'm getting Assassin's Creed II so it might just be better to give L4D2 a miss unless I find a good price. I am genuinely annoyed though because I do want this.

Changed my mind about buying this after playing the demo. It's great, don't get me wrong, but it just feels like an addon for the first game and isn't worth the price. Might get it in a few months if there's a great deal somewhere.

They didn't put the price down on L4D for ages (like only recently). I don't think so, anyway.

Its still £25 in alot of places, infact I bought my copy from CEX and it was still about £20 which was the cheapest I could find, given the high street.

Just annoying. I'll still be buying this on the 20th most likely as I like it, but I still wish I preferred PC gaming.

They didn't put the price down on L4D for ages (like only recently). I don't think so, anyway.

L4D Steam weekend = bargain

Think I got it for £13 or there abouts.

I've played through the demo twice now and loved every second of it (haven't been able to join a live game though, nothing seems to happen once you've got 4 players waiting). Maybe something to pick up next year when I actually have a TV in my uni halls and enough doh to pick up a 12 month Live subscription.

The GT review made me want this slightly, they gave it an 8.7, but I could see that it looked like a solid and fun FPS. Shame it's only on PC/360.

I played the demo on live, the first game I got vote kicked for no reason. Second i joined a game at the second part of the campaign. So i haven't had a full demo game yet.

I played the demo on live, the first game I got vote kicked for no reason. Second i joined a game at the second part of the campaign. So i haven't had a full demo game yet.

The only game I've seen co-op succesfully pulled of with random people is Burnout. With L4D you need people on your friends list.

Unless people have mics to communicate during gameplay. I forgot to get it out when I played...Might be why i was kicked from the first game now that I think of it.

Unless people have mics to communicate during gameplay. I forgot to get it out when I played...Might be why i was kicked from the first game now that I think of it.

Don't mics for the xbox come as standard anyway? I just pulled mine into the controller and it was setup..

What I meant was, I put my mic away when I started playing my PS3, I just didn't get it out for use last night and couldn't be arsed to get it out, just went and saw how it went.