NEurope
Shorty

Left 4 Dead 2

It seems to me (I, who hasn't even played the demo :P) that they're making the game a little... easier? Am I wrong to think this? The main challenge is always in the versus, anyway.

I think a bunch of us should play versus on the first night before we've played it solo - could be good!

you mean you plan to play solo ever?

:bouncy:

Srsly though- sounds a plan.

Downloaded the demo and it's awesome, as expected. The melee weapons are great and I don't mind not having access to the pistol as a result. Running around New Orleans with a guitar decapitating the undead is just so satisfying. Liking some of the new weapons as well, and some of the new Specials are good. The Charger is a bit of a let down, just seems like a much weaker and useless version of the Tank. The Jockey is easy enough to dispatch of but did make for a 'Oh shit, he's on me!' moment when I was playing with the AI.

Didn't get much chance to play the first one in co-op, none of the people on my friend's list had the game. Disgusting really. So hopefully, this time around, I'll be able to get some co-op with some of you guys, if you can bear it :santa:

It seems to me (I, who hasn't even played the demo :P) that they're making the game a little... easier? Am I wrong to think this? The main challenge is always in the versus, anyway.

I think a bunch of us should play versus on the first night before we've played it solo - could be good!

In a way they are, some of the stuff is alot easier, like hitting the zombies with a frying pan and they are down in one hit, like dead, not just maimed. Its weird.

Otherwise - yes we should totally do that.

you mean you plan to play solo ever?

:bouncy:

Srsly though- sounds a plan.

In a way they are, some of the stuff is alot easier, like hitting the zombies with a frying pan and they are down in one hit, like dead, not just maimed. Its weird.

Otherwise - yes we should totally do that.

Wicked :P That's three of us so far, innit.

I need to get my ass into gear and buy it I suppose, at the weekend I will when all this crap is out the way!

Shit it's out in barely anytime, lol :P I probably can't afford it when it comes out, so, uh, DanorstephpleaseinvitemeoverfortheBigAwesome?

It's out on the same day as Assassin's Creed 2 :( Modern Warfare 2 and everything else left in the Christmas line-up I can leave, but the 3 games I've been looking forward to most are L4D2, Assassin's Creed 2 and Batman. The 20th is gonna be an expensive day...

I guess I'll get AC2 and this with my november paycheque :) Will be about a week behind everyone else!

DanorstephpleaseinvitemeoverfortheBigAwesome?

I've preordered this too, yknow *sniff*

^ Not out till the 20th so you have another 2 weeks.

Isn't ti the 17th..? 20th is Assassins creed 2!

Jay if you ask nicely then sure we'll get you and Dan over and have a co-op thingy going on! ~You'll need to bring a controller though.

I'm abit more excited to play this now I've started writing a review about left 4 dead. Plus the music on the new video on the L4D2 website seems better, haha. :grin:

^ 17th is the release date for the US. 20th for Europe so yeh, coming out on the same day as Assassin's Creed 2 unfortunately.

^ 17th is the release date for the US. 20th for Europe so yeh, coming out on the same day as Assassin's Creed 2 unfortunately.

Ah! ^_^ Thats where I've got mixed up, thats a pain that its out the same day, but I've decided L4D2 comes first.

Jay if you ask nicely then sure we'll get you and Dan over and have a co-op thingy going on! ~You'll need to bring a controller though.

You sure you have enough boxes and tvees? It would be more economical for dan to go to chris and nikki's in that sense as it's closer for him. I think I need one of you lot to organise it, as I'll be the one sans game :(

You sure you have enough boxes and tvees? It would be more economical for dan to go to chris and nikki's in that sense as it's closer for him. I think I need one of you lot to organise it, as I'll be the one sans game :(

It really depends on who was coming tbh!

Family, yo. Can't have full blast zombie killing with parents around.

le sigh. My kingdom for a horse/ my own pad.

Edit:

Demo is up and AMAZING. Huge improvement in every way from the first, I reckon. The sheer aesthetic variety alone is something pretty special- just things like variations on the guns or new infected models are fantastic. The gore has been ramped up spectacularly too- shotguns blast holes in infected and melee weapons hack them to pieces. The pipe bomb is pretty nasty now too.

new items and special infected are amazing too. Should really push the limit on how much variety we can expect from the director.

Brilliant. Definitely buying it.

Edited by Dan_Dare

Everyone else found the little easter egg Valve has hidden away in the demo? Not so much hidden as it's in plain sight but you have to activate it to get it. If you haven't found it yet, I won't spoil it but when you find the jukebox turn it on and once the first song comes on, press the X button to activate it again to change the song. It brought a smile to my face.

And if only it had been as easy to get the CrOwned achievement in the first one as it was earlier as I ran up behind the witch and just blasted her with the shotgun. I thought it'd be a bit more difficult with them walking around but it kind of makes it a little easier.

I think the witches only walk around in realism mode. Otherwise it's business as usual.

I love how in the video I heard 'Oh no you didn't' haha lawl! (technically she said 'Oh no you didn't just shoot me'.

One thing I definately like is the weapons for sure, specially the frying pan and guitar, it makes me think of how I would act if there were zombies around! ^_^