NEurope
Daft

Star Trek Masturbatathon

So the whole blowing up off Vulcan didn't really happen then? Because going by the end of the film when Spock is tattling on about finding a new colony to settle on, it sure seems to be the same timeline. Ignore if I am being a dunce.

Yeah of course Vulcan is still gone, the only thing still canon in this new timeline is Enterprise as was mentioned because that was always set before TOS

So the whole blowing up off Vulcan didn't really happen then? Because going by the end of the film when Spock is tattling on about finding a new colony to settle on, it sure seems to be the same timeline. Ignore if I am being a dunce.

It did happen, just not in the timeline of TOS, TNG, DS9 & VOY

I suggest you watch TNG Episode Parallels. It'll help you with the whole Multiverse theory.

Haven't seen it yet but isn't it good cos it's copied star wars? hehe.

Young hero farm boy grown up without parents....

Doesnt quite get on with another character then turns out loving him ...ie spock and solo

big bad guy with a machine to destroy planets......cough death star cough.

Oh well it looks great and I reckon im gonna enjoy it for sure. :)

Haven't seen it yet but isn't it good cos it's copied star wars? hehe.

Young hero farm boy grown up without parents....

Doesnt quite get on with another character then turns out loving him ...ie spock and solo

big bad guy with a machine to destroy planets......cough death star cough.

Oh well it looks great and I reckon im gonna enjoy it for sure. :)

Oh no you didnt!!!

In this alternate reality it's sad to think Tuvok will probably never be born, therefore making Voyager completely different. Tuvok was on the original mission in the Badlands, in which Voyager got stranded. Maybe in this reality they'll never get stranded in the Delta Quandrant? Guess we'll never know.

I loved.

What on earth was Winona Ryder doing there? I instantly recognised her (big fan), but then thought..no, that can't be.

Yet it was. Randomly playing Spock's mother. WTF?

Anyway. Loved it. great fun.

Star Trek

Great fun, brought bakc memoreis of the times I used to Star Trek. What an action-adventure should be.

Winona Ryder random cameo role made the film though. How did you not recognise Eric Bana, ReZ?

Lovely/10

Randomly playing Spock's mother. WTF?

Probably not that random. She probably auditioned. Although considering her past, she may have just wandered onto the set, stabbed the actual actress and stolen her part. :P

The alt reality thing is still confusing me... normally these things don't. But I'm more concerned with "But what about TNG crew, how will they be effected?" Granted we'll never see them in any future sequels, unless in maybe 20 years they decide to remake TNG for the big screen (my god imagine trying to find a new Picard????) where/when would they put it?

Oh yeah! 9/10. Sublime kids. As a Trekkie I was whooping for more at the end Yankie style.

And on an odd number no less!

JJ your a star! Can't wait to see this in HD!!

The alt reality thing is still confusing me... normally these things don't. But I'm more concerned with "But what about TNG crew, how will they be effected?"

Essentially, it's impossible to say. Some events (Borg, Q, A ship getting stranded in the Delta Quadrant, the Dominion etc) will likely still happen, as most of them (Q interferes once they reach a certain distance from Earth or something like that) aren't particularly related to what the Federation was doing.

The only difference is that some on Earth/Vulcan/other Federation planets people may be born later, some people may be born and there may be some people that weren't born in the original timeline. So ships may look different, the crews may be different and the way the crews handle situations may be different.

How did you not recognise Eric Bana, ReZ?

I know its mental.

----------

Winona Ryder stole the show.

What did Bruce Greenwood say instead of Engage, something like Punch it?, I couldn't help but be slightly annoyed by that. Also the monsters chasing Kirk on the snow planet, I felt a bit dirty watching that, was just uneccessary and neither scary or funny.

Still loved it and all.

A Rough explanation for those who did not understand the "reboot"

b454.png

Picture made with an online ms paint clone, sorry. The first black hole is the start of the movie, and the second black hole is where spock came from. Red line is the Universe we all know from the previous series and movies. Blue is the alternative universe where the movie takes place.

Enterprise = Series with same name, before Kirk. (Story takes place BEFORE the new movie)

TOS = The original Series

TNG = The next generation

ETC = DS9 / Voyager

I absolutely loved the movie. Movie of the year (so far).

SEX/10

Edited by DiemetriX

Thinking back again on the alt-timeline (aka restart)... kinda makes sense now that I think about it further.

I remembered while watching the film in some scenes like when Sulu and Kirk were on the drilling platform, I was thinking... "ah no need to worry about them, they won't die, their still there in the future"

But now that "the future" is uncertain, I might get worried for characters in danger situations in future films... while its highly unlikely they would kill off a main character, at least there is the possibility to do so now without people worrying about the original show.

b454.png

Picture made with an online ms paint clone, sorry. The first black hole is the start of the movie, and the second black hole is where spock came from. Red line is the Universe we all know from the previous series and movies. Blue is the alternative universe where the movie takes place. In the original universe "red line" the planet vulcan is not destroyed

Enterprise = Series with same name, before Kirk.

TOS = The original Series

TNG = The next generation

ETC = DS9 / Voyager

I absolutely loved the movie. Movie of the year (so far).

SEX/10

Why have you put Enterprise after the timeline changes then, it should be over 100 years before

Edited by Happenstance

b454.png

Picture made with an online ms paint clone, sorry. The first black hole is the start of the movie, and the second black hole is where spock came from. Red line is the Universe we all know from the previous series and movies. Blue is the alternative universe where the movie takes place.

In the original universe "red line" the planet vulcan is not destroyed

I absolutely loved the movie. Best movie of the year.

SEX/10

nice graph... very Back to the Future II of you... now do it in a video pretending to be Doc :bowdown:

Why have you put Enterprise after the timeline changes then, it should be over 100 years before

My bad. You are correct.

In this alternate reality it's sad to think Tuvok will probably never be born, therefore making Voyager completely different. Tuvok was on the original mission in the Badlands, in which Voyager got stranded. Maybe in this reality they'll never get stranded in the Delta Quandrant? Guess we'll never know.

Tuvok should have already been born, because on voyager they had a flashback episode showing tuvok serving under captain Sulo on the Excelsior in 2293 at the same time kirk and McCoy were captured in Star trek 6 and i think this film is set in 2259.

The real question would be did he make it off the planet!!!!!!

EDIT: I decided to check the year he was born but it doesn't say... Although it says he was 29 when he served under Sulu making the events of this happen before his birth. HOWEVER it says he was born on Vulcanis, a lunar colony somewhere (no idea where) soooo yeah i might still have a point! lol

Edited by Mike1988uk
Added text

Tuvok should have already been born, because on voyager they had a flashback episode showing tuvok serving under captain Sulo on the Excelsior in 2293 at the same time kirk and McCoy were captured in Star trek 6 and i think this film is set in 2259.

The real question would be did he make it off the planet!!!!!!

That was Tuvoks first time in Starfleet so its most likely he was very young, for a Vulcan when he served so id say if he was alive for this he'd be a young boy or maybe even a baby.

EDIT: Memory Alpha says he was born in 2264

Edited by Happenstance

Oh no you didnt!!!

I kinda did......

I've seen it and all in all was a great film. Simon Pegg was great. Pleased the guy has got such a good role in a film.

This is going on my list of things you cannot like if we are to be friends.

Edited by Haver

This is going on my list of things you MUST like if we are to be friends.

FIXED!

Bit late to the party, but as a non-fan who knows a little bit about Star Trek, I must say it's an amazing film. I enjoyed it without knowing much about it at all, and my cousin a big fan loved all the little bits put in place for fans of the series/saga/show/movie/things. A good story, with some quality acting and awesome special effects.

Only downers are to do with cinema pricing and chav fuckwits who go to the cinema just to fuck about.