N-Europe

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

Blue_Ninja0

Just at the Red Gyarados now, going to keep trying for a decent nature so I can EV train that not-so-[original adjective] boy.

I bottled it, after 10 or so attempts I got a Jolly natured Gyarados and settled for that. With its speed base stat being poor it could do with a boost, hopefully it'll be worth the gamble.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where abouts do you trade wth jasmine for steelix the global trade place?

In her Gym after you have the 16 badges

So, I totally destroyed the Pokéathlon records last night, onto the Supreme Cup or whatever they call it where various characters start joining in including Gym Leaders Jasmine, Falkner, Whitney and Maylene!

where abouts do you trade wth jasmine for steelix the global trade place?

After you've battled her for a second time once you get the rematches (Requires all 16 badges), go talk to her in her gym and she'l ask you to trade and would take any Pokemon.

EDIT: Woops and whats this original adjective bollocks?

Edited by Ashley
wow, replacement variables are really particular. apologies, didn't realise it would affect it that much

If you ever see on GTS some one who's trading lots of random shit for just Magikarps, that's me. Gotta get all dem' ID numbers!

Had a whirl on Yellow Forest all day yesterday, best I got was a Volt Tackle Pikachu, its going to take ages to get my desired surfing Pikachu..

Finally got heart gold :D Just entered union cave with a level 20 totodile (delaying evolution so it grows quicker due to the likely grinding later). Waiting until the next city and then i'm going to try heatbutting Heracross and Exeggcute into my party.

Battling Red sure is tough - his team is 20-30 levels higher than mine, for a start! Even so, I still managed to take down four of his Pokémon, which I wasn't expecting. It's his Lapras that's causing me the most hassle; my Meganium and my Raichu have the best moves for causing it damage, but Raichu's Volt Tackle self-damages too much and leaves it open to be KO'd next turn, whilst the Lapras' Blizzard makes short work of Meganium. I'll definitely give it a few more tries before I admit defeat and transfer some if my higher levelled Pokémon from Dismond over, though.

Battling Red sure is tough - his team is 20-30 levels higher than mine, for a start! Even so, I still managed to take down four of his Pokémon, which I wasn't expecting. It's his Lapras that's causing me the most hassle; my Meganium and my Raichu have the best moves for causing it damage, but Raichu's Volt Tackle self-damages too much and leaves it open to be KO'd next turn, whilst the Lapras' Blizzard makes short work of Meganium. I'll definitely give it a few more tries before I admit defeat and transfer some if my higher levelled Pokémon from Dismond over, though.

You've gone this far with your HGSS team, why change for the final battle

You've gone this far with your HGSS team, why change for the final battle

Well I know.. That's what I'm kinda thinking. Well - I may switch in the level 70 Lugia I've just caught, as its Aeroblaster is useful against Venusaur, but that might be it. Mount Silver seems fairly good for grinding, so I may well attempt to add another 10 levels or so to my team, if I need to.

EDIT: Did it! With my five level 58s, and the level 70 Lugia (plus a load of revives, max revives and hyper potions...) Also got the 'gifts' from Oak, Mr Pokémon and Steven that are available once you've done it! :D So to be honest, that's me pretty much done with the game, unless I decide to go after the legendary dogs, Zapdos and Latias. I'd also like to try for a Rayquaza (one of my favourite Pokémon, and the only level 100 I've ever bred), though I'd need the help of someone with SoulSilver for that!

Edited by Mike

Man it's kind of annoying how small Johto is :/ I'm 9 hours in with a level 30 Growlithe and Croconaw, and then a level 33 Heracross and I already have 6 badges...

Ah well.

Just on my way to red Gyarados but gonna try and catch an adament Abra with synchronize first :)