NEurope
Blue_Ninja0

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

I suppose the equivalent in the game is Victory Road.

I had a thought while listening to that on one aspect of Gold/Silver that I'd love to see expanded and that was the Dragon's Lair behind the Blackthorn(?) gym (the last one in Johto). It was an interesting place and I think perhaps they should expand it a little and even put in some form of Legendary deep within it that only appears after you do the Elite Four/Kanto. Also, I really enjoyed that gym battle. That one presented a nice challenge so hopefully they don't tone it down for these remakes as it really felt like you had achieved something when you beat that gym (well you had because it was then time to go to the Pokemon League).

Oh yeah, the Dragon's Den. They should definitely add something, it always felt empty.

And also, you're absolutely right. Claire was the toughest Gym Leader I've faced. And I bet it'll be even harder in the remakes, as I bet you won't be able to just buy Ice Punch at the store. And Kingdra will certainly have better moves.

Perhaps they could put a Raquaza, or Latios and Latias (SP) in it.

I think I may start over and replay Silver now. Only thing I really didn't like about the old games was the box storage system.

Really? I found Claire quite easy. Hopefully they will boost her levels up this time around though, and perhaps give her something like a Gyarados for variety. And, fingers crossed, she'll be using moves like Dragon Dance and Outrage, rather than Dragonbreath like in GSC... That's if they even change the gym leaders' teams. I can see why they wouldn't, but the game was just too easy before. And they did change Giovanni's team in FRLG.

The hardest gym leader ever for me would probably be Wattson, in Ruby and Sapphire. I started off with Treecko, so I had no Double Kick or Ember on Combusken, or Mud Shot on Marshtomp. I foolishly didn't have any Fighting types or a Geodude either. The worst thing was, I had no attacks that were not not very effective against Magnemite and Magneton. The only types they don't resist are Fire, Ground, Fighting and Water, and I didn't have those types of moves. :(

One thing I thought of, perhaps they'll extend the story just a bit, so that defeating RED doesn't reset the game, but perhaps lets you into a new area, or gives you a special item.

That's actually not a bad idea because you work so hard to get to Red and fight him and there's nothing left so perhaps they will add something like a new area and some high level pokemon to catch, perhaps some of the newer ones or some legendary.

I hope they add Surf to Red's Pikachu!!

Serebii, any word if the game will be compatible with Pokémon Battle Revolution?

I'll bet it is compatible, the same way Platinum is, and Crystal was compatible with Stadium 2 too.

Fire Red and Leaf Green were compatible with Coliseum, so there's a really good chance.

I bet it will, they use the same foundations afterall

I'm also expecting you to only face Red if you're the guy trainer. If you're the girl one, you'll face Leaf (female trainer from FRLG)

Only thing I really didn't like about the old games was the box storage system.

The mystery way you didn't know what was in the box?

The mystery way you didn't know what was in the box?

And the saving every time you move one. Imagine it now with the 20 second save times. It'd be hell

Seems your starter follows you around like a little bitch.

Will Arceus be gettable normally in this game?

I wonder if they'll find their way to giving us coloured game paks this time...

I wonder if they'll find their way to giving us coloured game paks this time...

This. I want this. :(

This. I want this. :(

It's just one of those small things that helped mark each core Pokémon game as something a little bit extra special.

And since they are at it, they should return to calling the instruction booklet the "trainer guide" again.

Again, it doesn't affect the gameplay one iota, but it was different and undeniably Pokémon.

It's just one of those small things that helped mark each core Pokémon game as something a little bit extra special.

And since they are at it, they should return to calling the instruction booklet the "trainer guide" again.

Again, it doesn't affect the gameplay one iota, but it was different and undeniably Pokémon.

Exactly. I mean...the Pokemon games are pretty much all arguably the nicest looking carts of each generation. Emerald? God yes.

So what happens if you box your starter?

Well, and this is just purely a guess mind so don't read too much into it, but I suspect it won't follow you around.

Hmm this has got me waxing nostalgic and now I kinda want it. Damn crafty business techniques!

Well, and this is just purely a guess mind so don't read too much into it, but I suspect it won't follow you around.

I would suspect so also. But I was more referring to what happens in terms of, there must be a reason they follow you around, so are they effectively restricting you to having the starter in your party for certain aspects of the game? Or can you replace them in some way? What if you trade over another of the starters - can you have that follow you, or is it only the one you choose at the start?

Essentially my original post and this one is purely rhetorical, since I don't expect anybody (except perhaps Serebii, who would probably be NDA'd anyway) to know the answer.