NEurope
Blue_Ninja0

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

I wouldn't trust that info if I were you

There have been several conflicting reports supposedly from CoroCoro come on 2ch, the NeoGAFers are just repeating one

I maintain that if they were going to reveal the Release Date, they would have done on Sunday when Pokémon Sunday aired. They said Fall 2009 there, they wouldn't do that and then release the release date a few days later

I really enjoyed G/S, being released at the height of the craze and all. Although looking back, the games were probably the smallest step forward in the series. Hopefully the remakes will contain all the upgrades and features of the later games to keep things interesting.

As I expected, that CoroCoro stuff is bogus

New stuff up on my site including new female character and an in-game event featuring the Pikachu Coloured & Notched Ear Pichus

I really enjoyed G/S, being released at the height of the craze and all. Although looking back, the games were probably the smallest step forward in the series. Hopefully the remakes will contain all the upgrades and features of the later games to keep things interesting.

no way..

gold silver added 150 pokemon

day and night mode

item holding

pokemon breeding

dark and steel type pokemon

tons and tons of things.. ruby and saphire was the smalest leap.. at least diamond had the on-line

As I expected, that CoroCoro stuff is bogus

New stuff up on my site including new female character and an in-game event featuring the Pikachu Coloured & Notched Ear Pichus

Yay for fake skateboard news :P

I thought they would reuse the female trainer from crystal though, I don't think I like the new female trainer (not a problem though since I will be using the male trainer :P).

Aww, what the hell have they done to Kris? Bring the old Kris back.

It was much better than the now one (just nitpicking).

no way..

gold silver added 150 pokemon

day and night mode

item holding

pokemon breeding

dark and steel type pokemon

tons and tons of things.. ruby and saphire was the smalest leap.. at least diamond had the on-line

It added 100 new pokémon, not 150, but yes, I agree. Excluding perhaps de the Wifi features not possible at the time, I think G/S introduced the most features (that I care about at least) in all of the generations.

As Mcj said, it was probably the biggest leap (though it didn't add 150 like mcj said. It added 100)

It did add, however, all of those other things and also corrected all the wallbanging glitches and balance issues in the previous games (Psychics had no weaknesses in RBY, remember?)

Also, I dislike the new female design. I actually liked the Crystal one a lot better. Oh well.

Not true. Psychic did have a weakness in RBY...Bug. Bug just had very few offensive attacks. Just Twineedle and Pin Missile

Yet only Beedrill could use those moves to full effect, of course Jolteon had pin missile too but that was it as far as I was aware.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Yeah, I can't wait! I have Pokemon Diamond, but havent really bothered playing it. Gold and Silver are good games, without too many freaky pokemon.

Not true. Psychic did have a weakness in RBY...Bug. Bug just had very few offensive attacks. Just Twineedle and Pin Missile

Yet only Beedrill could use those moves to full effect, of course Jolteon had pin missile too but that was it as far as I was aware.

Took the words out of my mouth. It was hard to bring down an Alakazam and Mewtwo was completely unstoppable.

Took the words out of my mouth. It was hard to bring down an Alakazam and Mewtwo was completely unstoppable.

Until heracross and Tyranitar came along!

Heh, Larvitar looks good.

2 Pichus in Ilex Forest? Why? I don't remember that in the original.

Again, bring the old Crystal/Kris back.

Edited by Blue_Ninja0

Heh, Pupitar looks good.

2 Pichus in Ilex Forest? Why? I don't remember that in the original.

Again, bring the old Crystal/Kris back.

That's Larvitar :heh:

The Pichus are probably one of the new things. Doesn't sound too important.

Remakes include new things remember, look at FRLG, loads of new stuff. You cannot expect it to just be a slightly better looking port

And as for a girl, this is a GS Remake, not a Crystal remake. In GS, there wasn't a female character so they made one

Not to mention the 2 shitty ghost moves mentioned in the Platinum topic.

My Mewtwo was amazing. Psychic, Thunder, Blizzard and something else. It might've been recover, but I don't think so.

pfft.... Mewtwo. I remember the first time I encountered him on Blue and handed his ass to him after a single crit hit. Had to reload the game to take him on again to catch him. I'd love to see them bring back the kind of difficulty seen in those games. Recent titles have sort of dumbed down the difficulty. On Diamond, not once did I ever have any problems defeating the gym leaders or the Elite four and the guy at the end. Would just be great to bring that back in and perhaps they could do it here although I doubt it.

I never had much difficulty either, yet it took me a few tried to defeat Candice at Snowpoint Gym again...

pfft.... Mewtwo. I remember the first time I encountered him on Blue and handed his ass to him after a single crit hit. Had to reload the game to take him on again to catch him. I'd love to see them bring back the kind of difficulty seen in those games. Recent titles have sort of dumbed down the difficulty. On Diamond, not once did I ever have any problems defeating the gym leaders or the Elite four and the guy at the end. Would just be great to bring that back in and perhaps they could do it here although I doubt it.

Seriously? I think the games were much easier back then. In RBY, Lorelei's Slowbro would spam Amnesia if you sent a poison pokémon (because Amnesia is a psychic move), Agatha's Gengar had Dream Eater without means to make our pokémon sleep and Blue's Arcanine had awesome moves like...Ember and Roar.

And let's not forget that the last two gym leaders could be easily taken down as long as you had Surf.

In GSC, things got better, but most of the pokémon in the Elite 4 still had glaring, easy to exploit weaknesses.

While playing some of the 3rd generation games, I noticed things were much harder. The Elite 4 had much better moves and highly defensive pokémon

^ Each to their own. My experiences with the Pokemon games post-RBY have left me wanting more of a challenge, especially after Diamond. In Diamond, on my first run through the Elite 4, I took a team of pokemon based upon my starting lot that I ascertained with the inclusion of Mesprit with Thunder added for nice effect. They were all about lvl 52, so under levelled when you consider the level of the pokemon in the last guy's lot. Yet I still managed to hammer them. They were pretty transparent in terms of working out exactly how to take them down. Hell, the Milotic was the last pokemon pulled out by the final guy and he was quite a bit higher than my mesprit and yet I one hit him with Thunder and I didn't even know what type of pokemon it was. I'd just prefer a bigger challenge especially for the end of the game.

I think the main problem is that in RBY, the starter pokemon you picked really had an effect on how you progressed. Picking Charmander was a slog out of the box given the first few gyms, likewise Bulbasaur was a pain in the backside to level. Whereas with subsequent pokemon titles, it hasn't really matter which starter you picked because there is always pokemon you can pick up to get rid of any problems. It's a challenge like RBY but more that I would like to see but I doubt we'll ever get it because of the widened appeal of the Pokemon titles.

If you played Plat, you'd realise the difficulty is upped somewhat

Even I had issues there

^ Each to their own. My experiences with the Pokemon games post-RBY have left me wanting more of a challenge, especially after Diamond. In Diamond, on my first run through the Elite 4, I took a team of pokemon based upon my starting lot that I ascertained with the inclusion of Mesprit with Thunder added for nice effect. They were all about lvl 52, so under levelled when you consider the level of the pokemon in the last guy's lot. Yet I still managed to hammer them. They were pretty transparent in terms of working out exactly how to take them down. Hell, the Milotic was the last pokemon pulled out by the final guy and he was quite a bit higher than my mesprit and yet I one hit him with Thunder and I didn't even know what type of pokemon it was. I'd just prefer a bigger challenge especially for the end of the game.

I think the main problem is that in RBY, the starter pokemon you picked really had an effect on how you progressed. Picking Charmander was a slog out of the box given the first few gyms, likewise Bulbasaur was a pain in the backside to level. Whereas with subsequent pokemon titles, it hasn't really matter which starter you picked because there is always pokemon you can pick up to get rid of any problems. It's a challenge like RBY but more that I would like to see but I doubt we'll ever get it because of the widened appeal of the Pokemon titles.

Well, I think that even with the gym leaders, it was easy getting a pokémon to help you. Except maybe Brock (if you had Charmander, there were no types strong against rock/ground), Falkner (still a piece of cake, though) and Sabrina (because of psychic pokémon in RBY).

But hey, each to his own.