NEurope
Blue_Ninja0

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

Not to mention the 2 shitty ghost moves mentioned in the Platinum topic.

My Mewtwo was amazing. Psychic, Thunder, Blizzard and something else. It might've been recover, but I don't think so.

Not amnesia? people always kept that as it made Mewtwo one serious brokemon.

Not amnesia? people always kept that as it made Mewtwo one serious brokemon.

My Pokémon don't use bullshit stat increasing moves. Not unless it's a byproduct of something which causes massive damage.

I usually like to challenge myself, things like not training or using a fire Pokemon until I've beaten all the gyms and the Elite Four. Heck, even then I don't really like using them. :heh: I'm mostly a grass-type trainer, it's pretty satisfying to pwn people with my pollen-spurting beauties when I'm at a type disadvantage.

My Pokémon don't use bullshit stat increasing moves. Not unless it's a byproduct of something which causes massive damage.

I concur, though I suppose this is frowned upon in some circles.

They could just make it so water Pokemon can naturally swim (because they can) but before they will let you ride them surf style (and this excludes small water Pokemon that couldn't carry you) you have to 'prove yourself' to them with gym badges (which is the case for making high level Pokemon obey you).

The same would be for strong bulky Pokemon with strength, or flying Pokemon. It's just annoying having to give them a move that is usually crap and takes up one of their 4 moves.

It's like you read my mind and then posted it... only after I had already done so myself.

A Mewtwo that has an Amnesia is just retarded broken..pretty much will 1HKO anything it sees and still be a beast to take down.

I can't remember having problems with difficulty in the games. The one that does come to mind though is the flying gym in Ruby/Sapphire, my poor Blaziken stood no chance..DAMN YOU AERIAL ACE!

A Mewtwo that has an Amnesia is just retarded broken..pretty much will 1HKO anything it sees and still be a beast to take down.

My first Mewtwo had the Psychic, Amnesia, Recover and Body Slam (bit of a waste of the special stat I know but it has a high attack anyway and the paralysis chance was useful).

And unless my mate could critical me to the point whereby I couldn't recover enough, the only thing that could really beat it was if he froze it with his Articuno - which happened a surprising amount of times as I recall.

My first Mewtwo had the Psychic, Amnesia, Recover and Body Slam (bit of a waste of the special stat I know but it has a high attack anyway and the paralysis chance was useful).

And unless my mate could critical me to the point whereby I couldn't recover enough, the only thing that could really beat it was if he froze it with his Articuno - which happened a surprising amount of times as I recall.

I think mine had Psychic, Amnesia, Recover and Shadow Ball (for the purpose of destroying my friends Mewtwo :heh:). Used to be Fire Blast in Red/Blue i believe.

I concur, though I suppose this is frowned upon in some circles.

True, most likely by trainers who are pussies, who don't have faith in their 'mon so have to big them up during battles.

I remembered my other move Mewtwo had. Hyper Beam.

Fucking right doggie.

True, most likely by trainers who are pussies, who don't have faith in their 'mon so have to big them up during battles.

I remembered my other move Mewtwo had. Hyper Beam.

Fucking right dodgy

I've fixed it for you EEVIL - you can thank me later :wink:

I was wondering if Platinum was harder, my pokemon are almost never a higher level than the ones I go against.

I'm glad to see they've moved the menu (To access the Pokedex, Pokemon part etc) to the touch screen. A good move IMO.

Well, I think that even with the gym leaders, it was easy getting a pokémon to help you. Except maybe Brock (if you had Charmander, there were no types strong against rock/ground), Falkner (still a piece of cake, though) and Sabrina (because of psychic pokémon in RBY).

But hey, each to his own.

If you had a charmander, or had a picachu because you were playing yellow, you could just get a butterfree with confusion to use against Brock. Actually, with a few items, you could defeat him with charmander.

Thank god!! Finally! I don't know how could they not put the menu in the touchscreen in the earlier DS Pokémon games. A touch screen is perfect for menu navigation. Awesome improvement for HG/SS already.

That's Larvitar :heh:

ups, edited my post

Normally I would agree as I prefer raw attacks than upping stats. But there's no doubt about it; amnesia unlocked Mewtwo to become a steroid supping warlord with a staff made from human skulls. And if you wanted to trounce your mates so badly that they were never allowed to address you by any title other than 'King' then of course you'd pop that pill!

If you had a charmander, or had a picachu because you were playing yellow, you could just get a butterfree with confusion to use against Brock. Actually, with a few items, you could defeat him with charmander.

Confusion is not super-effective against Rock, though. But still, good point.

And you didn't even need the items. Just growl and Tail Whip Onix/Geodude into oblivion and attack. I bet Ember could do it for itself if Charmander's defense was better.

Brock's Pokemon had such low Special stats that Butterfree's Confusion was pretty much super-effective against them. Even Ember wasn't that bad. If you burnt them, you won with no problem. In Yellow, I tended to use Low Kick from Mankey, or Double Kick from Nidoran to beat Brock, although I didn't have a problem with using Tail Whip and Double Team on Pikachu. 6 Tail Whips quadrupled the power of Quick Attack, which made Onix not overly difficult to beat, providing it didn't use Bind (stupid RBY game mechanics)!

And, Amnesia Mewtwo was insanely powerful. It is the strongest Pokemon that has ever existed, by far. Arceus may be quite powerful, but it's nothing compared to RBY Amnesia Mewtwo. The only thing that could vaguely stand up to it was Chansey, and Chansey would simply rely on Ice Beam or Blizzard, and hope to freeze Mewtwo.

G/S is also the game with my favorite pokémon musics overall:

VS Lance/Red remix

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

VS Rival remix

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

You bastard, I want my copy of silver to be here at Uni now. :(

EDIT: Hot shit, play them both at the same time. It's awesome.

Edited by The fish

I remember getting Pokemon Gold ages before it came out here as it was being sold at a local market as an import game. Funnily enough it screwed up all my friends' UK version silver and gold cartridges when I tried to trade with them, thus permenantly only allowing their time machine trade function (between G/S and R/B) to work, meaning they couldn't trade with each of their Gold and Silver cartridges!

Even starting a new game didn't fix this. Poor buggers. I really loved the day and night function and some sort of game in it (forgot what it was) where you had to be there on a certain day to catch Pokemon or get stone rewards in some sort of Safari Zone thing. Forgot comletely what it was now...but I loved it.

Even starting a new game didn't fix this. Poor buggers. I really loved the day and night function and some sort of game in it (forgot what it was) where you had to be there on a certain day to catch Pokemon or get stone rewards in some sort of Safari Zone thing. Forgot comletely what it was now...but I loved it.

Damn...Poor kids.

I believe you talk about the bug catching contest. It was cool, but I wish there was more variety on that one.

EDIT: Hot shit, play them both at the same time. It's awesome.

Oh...my...God...You're right! :o

Yeh, they work really well together. Take note Nintendo/Game Freak, that would make for some epic music in the game. Do eeeeeeeet naw!

I had a thought while listening to that on one aspect of Gold/Silver that I'd love to see expanded and that was the Dragon's Lair behind the Blackthorn(?) gym (the last one in Johto). It was an interesting place and I think perhaps they should expand it a little and even put in some form of Legendary deep within it that only appears after you do the Elite Four/Kanto. Also, I really enjoyed that gym battle. That one presented a nice challenge so hopefully they don't tone it down for these remakes as it really felt like you had achieved something when you beat that gym (well you had because it was then time to go to the Pokemon League).

And now that I've mentioned Pokemon League I've always wondered why they never tried to do it like the TV show where it was a sort of knock out league instead of the Elite Four.

I thought that after the tournament the champion got to take on the elite 4. I remember suggesting something similar on another forum, it'd lengthen the experience even more.

^ yeh. I think they should do the tournament thing first, let your character/team play through it to be the best trainer there and after, and only after, that you would get the option of taking on the Elite Four to become the greatest trainer. It would certainly lengthen the experience and make it much more interesting because they could have a random selection of players in the tournament that changed each time so you could never just use the same strategy again.

I thought that after the tournament the champion got to take on the elite 4. I remember suggesting something similar on another forum, it'd lengthen the experience even more.

That is the case. Made even more noticiable by the constant foreshadowing in the current run. They say to battle the Elite Four, you must win the local tournement