NEurope
Blue_Ninja0

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

I always found the water Pokemon to be the most über. Need I remind you...Blastoise...had mounted turret guns on his back. And mudkip...need more be said.

I also had Pokemon Blue back in the day, which makes me lean to the water side. Also...who would really win in a non pro-move maxed battle against fire and water? ;)

I also had Pokemon Blue back in the day, which makes me lean to the water side. Also...who would really win in a non pro-move maxed battle against fire and water? ;)

Depends if Magikarp is representing the water Pokémon or not.

Depends if Magikarp is representing the water Pokémon or not.

True, but then if you were to consider purely fire and water starter pokemon I still have a point.

Charmander was also a shit choice in R/B IIRC because of the earlier gyms not being weak to fire...

And then after the R/B games I'm sure they gave Charizard a double rock weakness. Bleh...

Edited by Sheikah

And mudkip...need more be said.

No, because he's a tool. Why it became the source of a sudden internet craze is a mystery to me.

True, but then if you were to consider purely fire and water starter pokemon I still have a point.

Depends on the level and if they've learnt any moves that earn STAB yet. I've never lost the opening battle to Blue's Squirtle in Red when I picked Charmander.

Depends on the level and if they've learnt any moves that earn STAB yet. I've never lost the opening battle to Blue's Squirtle in Red when I picked Charmander.

I think you're being pedantic here...obviously we are talking about an evenly matched fight, level-wise, and using their natural movesets after they have picked up some moves. Water beats fire, yo. Can't deny that fact.

Also IIRC, they must gimp the rival's Pokemon at the beginning as I always beat it no matter what I choose, despite us being the same level and me just using tackle.

Edited by Sheikah

I always remember it being a bit harder with Bulbasaur. Charmander had Scratch, Bulba had Tackle. Dunno if that was anything to do with it.

I went through Red/Blue using only Bulbasaur, it fainted about twice throughout the entire game. It was on about lv.70-75 when I pimpsmacked the Elite Four.

I think you're being pedantic here...obviously we are talking about an evenly matched fight, level-wise, and using their natural movesets after they have picked up some moves. Water beats fire, yo. Can't deny that fact.

Also IIRC, they must gimp the rival's Pokemon at the beginning as I always beat it no matter what I choose, despite us being the same level and me just using tackle.

Guilty as charged - but when you said non pro moves, I just saw an opening.

Normally I get fire starter, and have on all games except the newest one, where fire monkey just looks retarded. I like piplup in this one.

All water starters were pretty cool and i only ever liked bulbasaur and chikorita out of the grasses.

Ah, the starters. I remember being in a group of three pokémaniacs, with each person defending a different starter. Squirtle is still the best, though.

I never had anyparticular preference for a type, though. At first, I prefered Squirtle, Chikorita, Torchic and Piplup (one of the few 4th gen I know). But the for final evolutions, I prefer Typhlosion, Swampert, Torterra...and Blastoise is still awesome :grin:

First screenshot

hgss.jpg

Hmm...What is Chikorita doing out of his Pokéball?

Squirtle's definately my favourite of the R/B starters. Problem with him though is there are so many good water types, but relatively few Fire types. So I usually went with Charmander.

Yeah! Why is Chikorita outside? I don't want it to be like pkmn Yellow.

Otherwise, it looks good.

This just aired in TV Tokyo in Japan:

837c83p83828393hgss837c.jpg

EDIT: Source is 2ch, or the TV channel itself if you wish.

Edited by Blue_Ninja0
Automerged Doublepost

1. I can almost hear the classic New Bark Town music behind the japanese voices. I wish I could hear more of it.

2. I hope we can put the starter back in the Pokéball. Work for me, dammit! No fresh air for you!

3. WTF is Hitler doing in a videogame presenta- Oh right, Japan.

As cute as the starters off Gold and silver were, they all had pretty low base stats. Infact most of the new pokemon introduced in those games we're particularly powerful, apart from the obv ones like Blissey, Tyranitar, Skamory (ok so two of those are tanks..).

It's a shame pokemon like Donphan and Espeon were more powerful, i loved them two. And Lantern! I always wanted a water/electric type but he didn't end up being very strong.

As cute as the starters off Gold and silver were, they all had pretty low base stats. Infact most of the new pokemon introduced in those games we're particularly powerful, apart from the obv ones like Blissey, Tyranitar, Skamory (ok so two of those are tanks..).

It's a shame pokemon like Donphan and Espeon were more powerful, i loved them two. And Lantern! I always wanted a water/electric type but he didn't end up being very strong.

Um... Wait, you mean "weren't" particularly powerful, right? And those last 3 were awesome. Especially Lanturn. He never disappointed me.

I love it already, awesome shots.

It be awesome to have quilava following me around, dunno about tyranitar though, it would look weird.

Looking good. The starter is probably only out of the pokeball at the start of the game though, unless they've added a new feature to let your Pokemon follow you whenever you want.

Looking great. One of my favourite second gen Pokémon was Heracross, which I'm currently attempting to nab in Pearl. I wonder if Headbutt will still be present, or replaced with Honey?

Just say this over at Gonintendo:

Rumor has it that the two DS re-releases are going to see some changes in the gender and breeding portions of the game. For instance, a Pokemon offspring may end up looking slightly different than what we are used to for each pocket monster, due to the looks of their father and mother.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=81988

Sounds like a good idea, like the notched-ear Pichu that's appearing in the new movie.

Do you think the game will be optimized for DSi?

I always liked the look of the clothing the male Pokemon trainer wears in G/S :)

Gold/Silver was, in my opinion, the optimum Pokemon game, in every way - big world, lots to see and do, and just the right number of Pokemon - neither too many nor too few.

I can't wait!

@ Tellyn - I'm with you on Heracross. I loved that one. Remember nabbing one really early on in Gold and taking it all the way to the Elite Four and hammering a few of them with him. One of my proudest achievements in a pokemon game seeing as Heracross, overall, isn't a hugely powerful pokemon but he made short work of several of the Elite Four's pokemon. Did the same with a Gligar. Damn I miss that game. Wish I hadn't gotten rid of it years ago. Really want to play using those guys again.

And yeh, I'd hope they'd leave Headbutt in there to get Heracross and the others from the trees instead of doing the honey thing. But I reckon they'll turn it to the honey thing to bring it more in line with the newer titles which is a shame as I just preferred the whole headbutting thing.