NEurope
Blue_Ninja0

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

I would suspect so also. But I was more referring to what happens in terms of, there must be a reason they follow you around, so are they effectively restricting you to having the starter in your party for certain aspects of the game? Or can you replace them in some way? What if you trade over another of the starters - can you have that follow you, or is it only the one you choose at the start?

Essentially my original post and this one is purely rhetorical, since I don't expect anybody (except perhaps Serebii, who would probably be NDA'd anyway) to know the answer.

Details will likely be given next month

I see better 3D effects in those pictures and in the site!

And god bless the touch screen menu.

Another thing, hopefully they allow you to map key items to X,Y,Start, and Select, rather than just one of them this time. I don't want to have to switch between the Bike and the Super Rod every time I go fishing anymore. This really should have been solved with Ruby and Sapphire with the L and R buttons.

Seconded, or at least put some small easily touched icons in the touch screen.

Some sort of "favourite items" that you can organize anyway you want.

Why don't they use the touche screen more?... why can;t you preset about 5 different items like the fishing rod,map,and bike etc there?

the touch screen was badly use in diamond and pearl I thought..

I've heard that Pokemon is one of those games that blind people are able to play. Using the touch screen for stuff exclusively would limit them. Although seeing as thats only a very small percentage of people...

Not quite. When its brought up, it will be on the touch screen, but its not the full use of the Touch Screen

How do blind people play it?

No idea, I once read a forum post before DP came out (not on this forum) by a blind person who said they hoped that DP didn't use the touch screen exclusively for required things. I guess they memorized the cries of all the pokemon and the sound effects for all the attacks, ect, or someone might help them play it, even with someone helping them, they still wouldn't be able to use the touch screen that well.

Wait......a blind person on a Pokemon forum?

Sounds a bit Farfetch'd.

Lol.

Seriously though, I can't get my head around that.

Sounds a bit Farfetch'd.

I actually lol'd ReZ. You can put that on your CV if you want :heh:

Sounds a bit Farfetch'd.

...Oh dear...

:D

I reckon a blind person would be able to play Pokemon well. I mean, yes, the cries can tell you what's what. You can easily memorize what each of your movesets are, you know what attacks are super-effective, and so on.

The only bit of the game that I can really see a blind person needing help with are the caves, simply because I think a lot of them are a bit too complex to manouvre around without seeing. The towns, and most of the routes should be fine. You can hear when you bump into something which is useful. In Super Mario Bros, or a game like that, if you bump into something, game over!

In regards to certain Pokémon having genetic traits such as the Notch-Eared Pichu, I've been thinking... There were a few one-off Pokémon, including Sudowoodo, which were really rare and awesome as hell at the time. Now they pop up as often as Ratatta. Is it possible that Sudowoodo could be given special features such as the Pichu to make the encounter seem more worthwhile?

...Oh dear...

:D

I reckon a blind person would be able to play Pokemon well. I mean, yes, the cries can tell you what's what. You can easily memorize what each of your movesets are, you know what attacks are super-effective, and so on.

Memorizing the movesets... That would mean a blind person would be able to tell what level the Pokémon is when they catch it, and are somehow able to spend an hour trawling through the PC listening to cries to recognise the one it caught. As you say you can easily memorize what moves are good against which 'mon, but I could tell a blind person now that Earthquake does dick against flying types and he could remember it. But he wouldn't know when a Pokémon learns it because HE CAN'T SEE FOR SHIT.

Well in that case, the implementation of touch screen controls wouldn't really matter either way, because the person ensuring they don't attempt to Fissure Staravia or walk into too many walls would be on hand to help...?

And on that logic, it's not really the blind person playing Pokémon, it's the blind person's friend, with the blind person listening to Poké screeches.

Like I said, they could have someone help them play.

You said no such thing at this point:

I've heard that Pokemon is one of those games that blind people are able to play. Using the touch screen for stuff exclusively would limit them. Although seeing as thats only a very small percentage of people...

That implied a blind person could play it independently.

And on that logic, it's not really the blind person playing Pokémon, it's the blind person's friend, with the blind person listening to Poké screeches.

And that could go for any game, you could say a blind person could play Banjo Kazooie if they listened to the "voices"

Fissure... I've not seen that move in awhile...

I think I did mention it, just not in my first post.

And I'm not saying someone would just tell them exactly what to do, more like they would tell them what moves a pokemon had when they first got it and stuff like that. Perhaps help them with navigating the caves too.

A touch screen would be completely different, they wouldn't be able to tell where on the screen their finger was above without touching it, which might press something they didn't want to press, ect. Even with someone helping them the other person would actually have to take the DS and do it for them, not just tell them what was going on.

Fissure... I've not seen that move in awhile...

Brilliant. I'm on with Platinum right now, and I'm trying to train up the Togepi that Cynthia gave me. Running around near Solaceon Town, I encounter a wild Staravia. A few Metronomes later, and BOOM! Fissure! :D

Brilliant. I'm on with Platinum right now, and I'm trying to train up the Togepi that Cynthia gave me. Running around near Solaceon Town, I encounter a wild Staravia. A few Metronomes later, and BOOM! Fissure! :D

HAHA :D

though surely it's not affected by Fissure because isn't fissure a ground attack and Staravia a flying type..?

That's right fissure doesn't work on it unless someone used gravity or it used roost.

HAHA :D

though surely it's not affected by Fissure because isn't fissure a ground attack and Staravia a flying type..?

That's the point, I just thought it was great because it was an exact recreation of what I mentioned earlier. :heh: Togepi did get Gravity with Metronome before that though. Still missed...