NEurope
Blue_Ninja0

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

It would make sense, as if you traded it over to D/P/P, they wouldn't be able to read the data that makes it Notch-eared, therefore it would trade as a normal Pichu... then if you traded it back, it would just be a normal Pichu on Heart Gold/Soul Silver. It'll just be preventing you from losing it for good.

Wow, the map on the Pokegear looks shit tonnes better. It all does.

Serebii, when is it likely that the next Pokemon game will be (as in gen 5) ?

Wow, the map on the Pokegear looks shit tonnes better. It all does.

Serebii, when is it likely that the next Pokemon game will be (as in gen 5) ?

We'll get the first hints about it next year with the possibility of a 2011 release

The fact that the game cards are infrared could allow for some sort of colour variation, like the old days of the GBC/GBA. Walk with me's game card links up to the Activity Meter via infrared, and it's black. It looks pretty damn awesome. I wonder if they could/would make the cards gold and silver, for extra-speshial-ness? :heh:

Sigh, ......I promised myself that I won't buy anymore pokémon games after Pearl. I was done with it...

But then this part of my childhood came a long and it looks like it will have tons o' new features. I seriously need to get my router to work properly again. Which means I'll probably have to switch it to WEP-security, but when I did that last time my Wii didn't like it, neither did my laptop.......

I was rather surprised that they didn't have different coloured cards for diamond and pearl. The Diamond one could have been blue off white translucent plastic, and the pearl one could have been off white pink pearl plastic. Although, they could have looked rather cheap like that if not done just right.

I loved Crystal (my only second gen game), and will definitely get either HeartGold (I prefer the name of this one) or SoulSilver (but I prefer Lugia to Ho-Oh).

Statement: Isn't it kind of obvious that they'll probably update Crystal aswell.

Why not wait for that?

Nah, who am I kidding....that'll probably take a few more years.....HEART GOLD IS MINE:grin:

Statement: Isn't it kind of obvious that they'll probably update Crystal aswell.

Why not wait for that?

Nah, who am I kidding....that'll probably take a few more years.....HEART GOLD IS MINE:grin:

They didn't remake Blue or Yellow. They're not going to remake Crystal

They are including many Crystal elements into it too

They didn't remake Blue or Yellow. They're not going to remake Crystal

I agree with that, but wasn't blue just a name change for the western countries?

Yeah, I think the formula is;

Main Games (1 + 2)

Third Version with Updated Features/Changes Released a year or so later (3)

And going by Fire/Leaf and Heart/Soul, they only remake the first two games in each generation. Understandably.

---

Not really on topic, but I'm off to EV train. Never understood or tried to understand what it actually was, but from what I gather (since I can't process numbers/maths very well) if I battle a million wild Unown, my attack and special attack will get better?

Or something...How do I know when these EV things end? You're allowed 252 in each stat? Are EVs the number beside each category when you look at the summary of each of your pokemon?

So confusing.

I agree with that, but wasn't blue just a name change for the western countries?

Red and Green in Japan, Blue was then released with changes.

Red and Blue were released in the West, with (I think) the updates from Japanese Blue as default in both). Yellow was the third version in the West.

Think that's it?

Red and Blue were released in the West, with (I think) the updates from Japanese Blue as default in both). Yellow was the third version in the West.

Think that's it?

It makes sense now. Thanks.

Yeah, I think the formula is;

Main Games (1 + 2)

Third Version with Updated Features/Changes Released a year or so later (3)

And going by Fire/Leaf and Heart/Soul, they only remake the first two games in each generation. Understandably.

---

Not really on topic, but I'm off to EV train. Never understood or tried to understand what it actually was, but from what I gather (since I can't process numbers/maths very well) if I battle a million wild Unown, my attack and special attack will get better?

Or something...How do I know when these EV things end? You're allowed 252 in each stat? Are EVs the number beside each category when you look at the summary of each of your pokemon?

So confusing.

Think that's it?

Go on serebii's site but yeah looks like you've got it. When you catch a wild pokemon it has no EV's and each stat can have 252 EVs before it maxes out.

Each pokemon give off specific EV's, usually to its best stat (so a machoke gives off 2 Attack EV's). For every 4 EVs you recieve, that stat increases by a value of 1 greater than what it would have increased by had it not recieved those EVs.

Let's say you caught a level 70 Rayquaza and battled 20 Machoke before you leveled up, that would be 40 Attack EV's and so you're attack stat would go up by 10 more than it would have if you battled, I dunno, a Pikachu. Now if you had a macho brace equiped you would have gone double that so attack would have increased by 20. It's best to keep a piece of paper and a pencil so you can record how many EVs you've used up and when you can move onto another stat. I think after 510 total EVs gained, you can't recieve any more.

Go on serebii's site but yeah looks like you've got it. When you catch a wild pokemon it has no EV's and each stat can have 252 EVs before it maxes out.

Each pokemon give off specific EV's, usually to its best stat (so a machoke gives off 2 Attack EV's). For every 4 EVs you recieve, that stat increases by a value of 1 greater than what it would have increased by had it not recieved those EVs.

Let's say you caught a level 70 Rayquaza and battled 20 Machoke before you leveled up, that would be 40 Attack EV's and so you're attack stat would go up by 10 more than it would have if you battled, I dunno, a Pikachu. Now if you had a macho brace equiped you would have gone double that so attack would have increased by 20. It's best to keep a piece of paper and a pencil so you can record how many EVs you've used up and when you can move onto another stat. I think after 510 total EVs gained, you can't recieve any more.

That kind of sums it up.

Here's the low down.

Each Pokémon can have a max of 510 Effort Values (EVs).

When a pokémon gains experience from a battle it gains effort values, the amount depends one which Pokémon, refer to serebii's pokédex for specific values.

A stat maxes out at 252 EVs, a typical spread is 252 in two stats and 6 EVs in another stat. Example. 252 speed/252 attack/6 hp. To affect a stat the EV values have to be a multiple of 4 (because 4 doesn't divide into 510 you always have two EVs left over).

The vitamins such as Protein etc give a Pokémon 10 effort values, and you can use 10 for each stat. So you can give you're Pokémon a quick 100 EVs in chosen stats without battling. Items such as Macho Brace double the amount of EVs gained from a battle (but not vitamins). It gets more complicated with a mixture of items and Pokerus, but I guess if you take a look at Serebii's site it'll be explaine somewhere on there.

To know when you're Pokémon is done, you get the Effort Ribbon.

You can play the Japanese HG/SS demo's at the Regigigas events, it was at the Sunderland Airshow which I could have gone to, but couldn't be bothered.

You can play the Japanese HG/SS demo's at the Regigigas events, it was at the Sunderland Airshow which I could have gone to, but couldn't be bothered.

What? Why on earth would they do that

Do you have a source for this?

Very odd given the heavy focus on text in these games... Surely someone's just having a laugh?

That kind of sums it up.

Here's the low down.

Each Pokémon can have a max of 510 Effort Values (EVs).

When a pokémon gains experience from a battle it gains effort values, the amount depends one which Pokémon, refer to serebii's pokédex for specific values.

A stat maxes out at 252 EVs, a typical spread is 252 in two stats and 6 EVs in another stat. Example. 252 speed/252 attack/6 hp. To affect a stat the EV values have to be a multiple of 4 (because 4 doesn't divide into 510 you always have two EVs left over).

The vitamins such as Protein etc give a Pokémon 10 effort values, and you can use 10 for each stat. So you can give you're Pokémon a quick 100 EVs in chosen stats without battling. Items such as Macho Brace double the amount of EVs gained from a battle (but not vitamins). It gets more complicated with a mixture of items and Pokerus, but I guess if you take a look at Serebii's site it'll be explaine somewhere on there.

To know when you're Pokémon is done, you get the Effort Ribbon.

Thanks. I sort of get it. So If I kill 252 Geodude (for example), I'll max out my defence stat with EV's?

Or something...

My main team all got effort ribbons before i even started trying to work out waht EV's are.

Very odd given the heavy focus on text in these games... Surely someone's just having a laugh?

It's hardly un-playable in Japanese.