NEurope
Blue_Ninja0

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

If a mod wants to change the thread name to the respective correct names feel free to do so, but we don't know if the western names will be those specific literally translated ones.

They never change Pokemon main game names. These will be them

I'm a bit like Cube on this one. What makes me interested in this one is the fact that it seems the only legitimate increment in the series and its two times the size of the other games.

Thats not true. While it has 16 gyms, if you put Johto & Kanto together, they're probably about the same size as Sinnoh, maybe a tiny bit bigger.

Johto & Kanto are both ridiculously small regions. Johto especially

That's true. So let's hope they put some more stuff to do specially in Kanto.

Much of the love is not for the geography of the games but yes for the big ammount of features that were introduced from blue/red to gold/silver. And it was still a nice pleasure to revisit the old region in the new game, in colors this time. Of course this descrepancy doesn't apply to the remakes anymore but the nostalgia feeling is a big one for this game, at least for me.

G/S is also the game with my favorite pokémon musics overall:

VS Lance/Red remix

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

VS Rival remix

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by Blue_Ninja0

Fantastic news, I don't know what was better, playing Red for the first time or Gold.. Definitely will be picking up a copy of Gold, probably import it from America.

Locations, Storylines etc.

Isn't the storyline almost the same in all of them? Like, become t3h Pokemon Master? Then some extra stuff related to Legendary Pokemon...

I wish Pokemon would reinvent itself at least once, or break the mold a little. They are all pretty much the same games (handheld main titles).

Silver was the first Pokemon game I owned. Played R/B/Y on other peoples' GBC but I remember specifically saving up with my sister for months to get a GBC of our own and Pokemon Silver. It was fantastic :D Loved the whole thing. Such nostalgia for me.

that's really cool but the graphical complaints are still there.. we are going to assume this will look exactly like platinum ya?

I dug up my copy of Gold to find my save was no longer there, the battery must have died :( Might replay it though even though it won't save. So I played Crystal and the game has aged terribly why did they make the game save whenever you switched box, it's extremely annoying?

I dug up my copy of Gold to find my save was no longer there, the battery must have died :( Might replay it though even though it won't save. So I played Crystal and the game has aged terribly why did they make the game save whenever you switched box, it's extremely annoying?

Who cares? It's because of that EXACT annoying little thing that you can clone :)

Yeah, at the time, being able to save such a big ammount of data in a GB cart was a blessing. It was probably one of the console games with the biggest save file at the time.

that's really cool but the graphical complaints are still there.. we are going to assume this will look exactly like platinum ya?

Probably. It will be the Platinum engine certainly, maybe with some grafical improvements. I'm not complaining but would be nice if they could give me back my 60fps of the GBA engine. The DS pkmns are comparatively slow.

Can't wait for this, just the idea of johto again, i dont care if I played it before :)

Yeah, at the time, being able to save such a big ammount of data in a GB cart was a blessing. It was probably one of the console games with the biggest save file at the time.

And let us not forget it saves it twice for back up purposes.

Probably. It will be the Platinum engine certainly, maybe with some grafical improvements. I'm not complaining but would be nice if they could give me back my 60fps of the GBA engine. The DS pkmns are comparatively slow.

It would be nice if they could make the over world look less angular. The refresh rate on the screen though has nothing to do with the game speed.

And let us not forget it saves it twice for back up purposes.

It would be nice if they could make the over world look less angular. The refresh rate on the screen though has nothing to do with the game speed.

I think the save backup feature was only introduced in the GBA generation. If the save got corrupt, it would load your previous save.

Yes, the refresh rate is independent, but I think both the refresh rate and the overall game speed (specially the battles) are slower in the DS than they were in the GBA.

Ah. Pokémon Gold and Silver, those were the days. I literally played my Gold version to death and a friend o' mine played his Silver version to death. Every beautiful summer evening we were having a go at it, trying to CATCH 'EM ALL!!!

Very much lookin' forward to these games, I think I'll choose the gold version again....just to re-live those Ho-oH days:zzz:

Just like Fused King I'll probably pick this up as Silver remains my favourite Pokemon game and it'll be fun to re-live those glory days, and I kinda regret not picking up the remakes of Red and Blue.

Back then, I got it months before everyone else as the local independent games shop had an import copy in for £39.99 and I couldn't resist. As this was the time before eBay and online shopping was the 'norm' I was regarded as the 'cool kid with Pokemon Silver' for a spell. Good times!

I bought Gold originally. I'm wondering whether I should stay loyal or get Silver, which does have less of a pansy title.

I had gold and crystal last time so this time I'm gonna go for silver. Always liked Lugia way more than ho-oh and he has aeroblast on silver :)

I'll go with Silver too. It was the version I had. Aeroblast was awesome!

This made my day yesterday when I read this! When I played Pokemon Gold when it first came out, it was the only game I played for at least 6months! I cannot wait for this :D

Will the DSi able to play this if we was to import it?

I bought Gold originally. I'm wondering whether I should stay loyal or get Silver, which does have less of a pansy title.

I got Gold before and if I'm getting one of the remakes, it'll be Gold again. Gotta stay true to it. Typhlosion was pretty kick ass now I think back on it.

Worst thing about Gold/ Silver was likely the introduction of Snubbull. What a waste!

I got Gold before and if I'm getting one of the remakes, it'll be Gold again. Gotta stay true to it. Typhlosion was pretty kick ass now I think back on it.

All fire starters are the best, Queeeeeeel!

I do agree. :hehe: Though monkey-boy on Diamond was a tad weak... ¬_¬

I had gold and crystal last time so this time I'm gonna go for silver. Always liked Lugia way more than ho-oh and he has aeroblast on silver :)

I'm more a Ho-Oh fan myself as Sacred fire was just as good and I think Ho-Oh is a better design than Lugia. Luckily thanks to Pokémon Stadium 2, I didn't have to worry about either of them missing their signature moves though (definitely a far better bonus than the Pokémon you could gain through it - something the original Stadium was great for).

Just like Fused King I'll probably pick this up as Silver remains my favourite Pokemon game and it'll be fun to re-live those glory days, and I kinda regret not picking up the remakes of Red and Blue.

Back then, I got it months before everyone else as the local independent games shop had an import copy in for £39.99 and I couldn't resist. As this was the time before eBay and online shopping was the 'norm' I was regarded as the 'cool kid with Pokemon Silver' for a spell. Good times!

I now what you mean. Pokémon Gold was the first ever imported game I got. Picked it up on the 11th December 1999, for the same price as yourself, some four months before it came here. Still got it in mint condition with all inlays and my receipt which hasn't faded at all - it looks like new.

This made my day yesterday when I read this! When I played Pokemon Gold when it first came out, it was the only game I played for at least 6months! I cannot wait for this :D

Will the DSi able to play this if we was to import it?

I guess it depends if it makes use of certain DSi features. The Japanese Crystal had the phone download service thing in it which never made it over here. Since they've said that DSi titles would/could be region locked, will they extend that idea to enhanced titles that don't need the DSi but can use the extra functionality of it.

The man speaks the truth!

I'll probably get Gold, although I am tempted to get Silver because I like the name :P I might even get both, Import US Gold and then wait for the UK release of Silver.

While playing Crystal I realised I've forgotten loads about the game. Serebii is right though, Johto is tiny.

I do agree. :hehe: Though monkey-boy on Diamond was a tad weak... ¬_¬

Infernape wasn't that bad. Certainly shat on Torterra. But the modern grass starters blow anyway.