N-Europe

Factor 5 working on Wii

mr_bogus

Julien was a founder member of Factor 5, so i doubt he's going anywhere.

How was Factor 5 headed up anyway? And where did Julien sit in the scheme of things?

Actually, details of the company's set up are here. San Rafel Factor 5 was only ever set up for Lucasarts projects, and i assume - thankfully- spun off as a seperate company. So its no different to the recent closures of MGS internal dev houses, etc (not being fan boy, just can't think of any others).

Hopefully, Julien finds his feet- because he's a fucking Lord.

BACKED THE WRONG HORSE, EH GUYS?

Serves you damned right. Your comments regarding the horsepower of the Wii were always going to come back and bite you in the ass.

How does that assbite feel, guys? Does it feel anything like Gamecube 1.5?

Seriously though, sorry to the people who lost their jobs due to management incompetence.

Serves you damned right. Your comments regarding the horsepower of the Wii were always going to come back and bite you in the ass.

I thought that it was Factor 5 who said that the Wii was capable of so much more, and the poor graphics on the system were largely due to lazy developers?

• 3 weeks later...

I imagine there's far too much going on at Factor 5 to even think about a trade show, it also depends on their publishing partners desire to show the product.

Rather than Pilotwings, i'd far prefer them to be working on Starfox (although, given it was the US Factor 5 who developed Rogue Squadron, i'm not sure their German counterparts would have the skills to do it well)

I thought that it was Factor 5 who said that the Wii was capable of so much more, and the poor graphics on the system were largely due to lazy developers?

Yes. They slagged Wii off and and ran off to develop Lair, which flopped! They were always a company I hoped Nintendo would have taken 2nd party as they were master of the GC architechture. I would have loved to have seen their Wii offering.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that a Rogue Squadron title for the Wii was/is still in the works by Factor 5 as former employees of the US company have listed it in their lawsuit against the companies founders.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=217748

If it's to be believed, then it should be with another developer now so it could still make it out. But who knows what'll happen.

Star Wars = Modern Day Curse

You got that right.

*repeats to self* There are only three Star Wars Films. There are only three Star Wars Films.

In all seriousness, maybe Star Wars is cursed, but then...I think there would have to be more than two companies before we call it "cursed." It's merely coincidence.

You got that right.

*repeats to self* There are only three Star Wars Films. There are only three Star Wars Films.

In all seriousness, maybe Star Wars is cursed, but then...I think there would have to be more than two companies before we call it "cursed." It's merely coincidence.

hey episode 3 wasn't all that bad.. too little too late though

Did Episode 3 have Hayden Christian in it? I rest my case that it is bad. As is 2.

Although two is slightly redeemed by the clone war which is cool on a technical point of it's a lot of nice CGI work.

Truth be told I kinda like E1. I don't even hate Jar Jar all that much, the kid sucks though, but most children do.