NEurope
fex

Windows 7

I think that is the first step to becoming old.

"What I have is fine, I don't need any of these shiny new fangled doohickeys".

I may say that one day.

Vista is ok, but 7 will be better. Better is always Better!!!

Win7 is amazing. I have it on my Desktop PC and I have XP on my Laptop. If my Laptop had a bit more RAM I'd upgrade to Win7 without a second thought.

And just to make this clear XP >> Vista.

Win7 is amazing. I have it on my Desktop PC and I have XP on my Laptop. If my Laptop had a bit more RAM I'd upgrade to Win7 without a second thought.

And just to make this clear XP >> Vista.

On my netbook, Win 7 runs faster than XP.

On my netbook, Win 7 runs faster than XP.

Oh really, I'm surprised. Then again it would need less RAM if I wouldn't enable all the neat effects. - didn't think of that before.

I guess I can put it on my Laptop then after all :)

I must have got old a long time ago then, my desktop is running Windows 2000. Time for an upgrade I think :hmm:

Okay I've changed my mind I'm switching to 7; Vista just had a major crash. Strange enough it's the first time it's ever crashed to the extent that I had to switch it off... but fuck that, I can't afford that crap happening when I start back at uni.

So, I can download the full, final release of Windows 7 64bit from the developer site... but then when does that expire? The release of Windows 7?

If so I'd be able to pick it up for £30 (http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windows/studentoffer/default.aspx) and just enter the new license?

It expires next... March I think? I cba to check, something like that. But I didn't know you could get the final release legitimately, only the Release Candidate.

I'm going to cancel my Amazon order and go with the student offer. Finally university starts paying off. Although if I were still going university I would have the pro version for free.

It expires next... March I think? I cba to check, something like that. But I didn't know you could get the final release legitimately, only the Release Candidate.

From March it will shut down after two hours, then completely expire two months later.

Although if I were still going university I would have the pro version for free.

How's that?

My uni was/ is part of the MS software alliance so we were able to rent copies of OS' and software. Of course you would just copy the disc or not bring it back. But that is how I managed to get a legit copy of XP pro and Vista business.

Oh really, I'm surprised. Then again it would need less RAM if I wouldn't enable all the neat effects. - didn't think of that before.

I guess I can put it on my Laptop then after all :)

If you have at least 512MB of RAM and use Win7 in the Windows classic theme (none of the neat effects), I think you'll be damn fine.

So, I can download the full, final release of Windows 7 64bit from the developer site... but then when does that expire? The release of Windows 7?

If so I'd be able to pick it up for £30 (http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windows/studentoffer/default.aspx) and just enter the new license?

You can only download it from Microsoft if you're part of the MSDN group. Assuming you're not, your only chance is torrenting. Just make sure you compare the ISO hashes to the official ones provided by Microsoft.

My uni was/ is part of the MS software alliance so we were able to rent copies of OS' and software. Of course you would just copy the disc or not bring it back. But that is how I managed to get a legit copy of XP pro and Vista business.

You just need the keys. You can use any Windows disk to install it, not just your school's.

You just need the keys. You can use any Windows disk to install it, not just your school's.

But by copying the disc I therefore obtained my own disc, so I could then return it to the office and claim back my £10 rental fee. Copy the disc, write the key on it. Job done for life.

When I get a job, i'm definetly going to save up and get a decent PC.

64-bit memory, quad core CPU, 6GB RAM, 160GB HDD, high-end HD 1080P graphics card and a 1080P monitor.

How much do you reckon all that would cost, providing I built and brought the components myself?

Based on CPU & Mobi At least £400. Something show stopping I'd say £600-700. Its just down to what deals you can find and when.

But it will be worth it. Also how the economy is doing will be a factor.

When I get a job, i'm definetly going to save up and get a decent PC.

64-bit memory, quad core CPU, 6GB RAM, 160GB HDD, high-end HD 1080P graphics card and a 1080P monitor.

How much do you reckon all that would cost, providing I built and brought the components myself?

That's pretty much what I bought recently, but I didn't need a new monitor or a Hard Drive, and it cost me about £550.

This is Windows Orientated

The new Service Pack for Vista (SP2) is released.

Didn't that happen aaaaages ago? It feels like I installed it ages ago anyways.

Plus, it's not Windows 7 news is it, and that's what this thread is about.

This is Windows Orientated

The new Service Pack for Vista (SP2) is released.

It was released a few months back.

I've just started my College course, but I havn't got a .ac.uk email address (need a ac.uk email address) to get windows 7 pro for cheap.

I've got IT tommorow, maybe my IT teacher can setup an email address for me.

I'm doubtful though, as my college uses some kind of backend system for email.

I've just started my College course, but I havn't got a .ac.uk email address (need a ac.uk email address) to get windows 7 pro for cheap.

I've got IT tommorow, maybe my IT teacher can setup an email address for me.

I'm doubtful though, as my college uses some kind of backend system for email.

Do you know anyone that has gone to uni? Or maybe even ask someone else on the forum if they would be so kind as to loan to you temporary use of their Academic email address.

To tell the truth I could probably turn up at my old uni tomorrow and walk out with Windows 7 for free. But the journey is too much of a chance.

Do you know anyone that has gone to uni? Or maybe even ask someone else on the forum if they would be so kind as to loan to you temporary use of their Academic email address.

To tell the truth I could probably turn up at my old uni tomorrow and walk out with Windows 7 for free. But the journey is too much of a chance.

My mate said he would lend me his, however he'd probabky want a copy as well. So unless theres someway for us both to use the same product key?