NEurope
fex

Windows 7

Really tempted to get the 45 quid version, currently on xp, but i've used Vista and it's pretty nice, so if 7 is like vista i think i'lll ike it, only problem is the October release, I don't think i'm even going to be here by then, going back to Sydney for a year at around that tim e so it'll be pretty pointless getting it =( Soooo tempted though, but it'll be a waste =/

I'm really tempted with Windows 7 too, especially at that price. Thing is, I'm not sure if I NEED it, even though I'm on XP at the moment. I'll have a bit of a think about it.

I'm really tempted with Windows 7 too, especially at that price. Thing is, I'm not sure if I NEED it, even though I'm on XP at the moment. I'll have a bit of a think about it.

I'm getting it because it works out cheaper to get a new HDD and Windows 7 than it is to get a new HDD and re-install Vista (ain't got a Vista disk except the upgrade).

Found out i have myself a SCSI Disk Drive.

That's fair enough. Tbh, I have no reason to get it, other than it'll be cheaper in the long run. Plus it's been over 2 years since I last upgraded my PC and, whilst it's still going pretty damn strong, I can see an upgrade being needed in the not too distant future. Windows 7 would be useful in this case.

That's fair enough. Tbh, I have no reason to get it, other than it'll be cheaper in the long run. Plus it's been over 2 years since I last upgraded my PC and, whilst it's still going pretty damn strong, I can see an upgrade being needed in the not too distant future. Windows 7 would be useful in this case.

It would be useful, i'm only upgrading because it works out £100 cheaper to go to Windows 7 and have a new HDD than to have Vista re-installed.

The NHS still runs xp on terminals. Hm.

I'm debating getting this but I don't know yet. £74.97 on amazon at the mo. (hp)

I missed the preorders. Not too fussed though, waiting for details of the "Family Pack" to come out. If it's a reasonable price at launch (£100-£150) then i'll get that instead. By launch time we'll have 2 PCs, one MAC, one server and 4 laptops, i'll need as many liscences as i can as cheaply as i can buy them.

Wow, can't believe how quick all those cheaper ones got pre-ordered.

I'm annoyed that I ordered it from Comet and they've already taken the money from me. Cheeky people.

Wow, can't believe how quick all those cheaper ones got pre-ordered.

I'm annoyed that I ordered it from Comet and they've already taken the money from me. Cheeky people.

If they've done this already, then i need to transfer money from the PC fund back into my account to accommodate said purchase.

According to the WindowSteamBlog Windows 7 has been released to manufacturing. That doesn't mean we'll get it any sooner I suppose but still interesting to know.

According to the WindowSteamBlog Windows 7 has been released to manufacturing. That doesn't mean we'll get it any sooner I suppose but still interesting to know.

Thats interesting to know to be fair, i think MS are expecting high sales for this so are preparing early.

Tech net and Alliance members will be getting it in August. Everyone else has to wait until October.

Tech net and Alliance members will be getting it in August. Everyone else has to wait until October.

Well its been leaked to Bit Torrent so if you want it now you can get it now :yay:

does the retail license allow you to unistall and reinstall as you upgrade your computer etc...(like office 2007 retail license)

or does it get tied to your hardware like an oem

sorry i cant seem to find a clear answer

does the retail license allow you to unistall and reinstall as you upgrade your computer etc...(like office 2007 retail license)

or does it get tied to your hardware like an oem

sorry i cant seem to find a clear answer

Retail allows you to uninstall and reinstall and doesn't tie you down to your hardware

Retail allows you to uninstall and reinstall and doesn't tie you down to your hardware

thanks thats good news. now feeling tempted to preorder -

Comet took the money out of my account, idiots!!. It doesn't come until October.

I would expect to pay for a pre-order when I ordered it. That's part of why they can offer a cheaper deal.

Comet took the money out of my account, idiots!!. It doesn't come until October.

Thats really bad! Greedy bastards, the amount of money they must make on interest! (not that the interest rate is high, but still!!)

I don't really have the money at the moment so for them to take it now is a bit annoying. But I do agree with what Mr Odwin says.

This will require a fresh install will it not, over Vista?

So I'd be safe in copying over what I want to save onto my other internal HDD and then transfer it back? Simple and silly question but I want to make sure my other HDD won't get wiped aswell.

I don't really have the money at the moment so for them to take it now is a bit annoying. But I do agree with what Mr Odwin says.

So I'd be safe in copying over what I want to save onto my other internal HDD and then transfer it back? Simple and silly question but I want to make sure my other HDD won't get wiped aswell.

I pre-ordered with Amazon and they haven't took my money. But Windows 7 will require a fresh install, therefore everything will have to be wiped. (if I have understood what I have read).

If you do a fresh install on a hard drive that already has windows installed then it should copy all the files already on the hard drive into a folder called windows.old. Therefore you shouldn't need to copy anything to back it up, just copy it from windows.old to wherever you want it then delete the folder.