NEurope
Chris the great

Is that normal?

Ok, so I'm guessing alot of do things/havethings on our bodies that we dont think are normal. in the spirit of learning to accept oneself, i propose we all discuss our various peculiarties and decide, are they normal.

for me my oddities include:

a strange lump in my arm that i can pick up and make stand up, showing under my skin.

i can easily get into the lotus flower/ bend my legs into odd angles. i was origionaly told that this was due to low muscle tonage, but my legs are bloody amazine now, so i rule that out.

my winkie floats in the bath. yeah, is this normal?

some of my facial hair grows in the oposite way to the outhers, which seems odd.

i can distort my fingers into an odd shape, the front digit of my middle and ring finger pointing down while the rest flexes up, i can use it to do a rather good jurassic park impression.

ok, so whats your verdict, are these things normal?

I have very sensitive/damaged/inflamed skin on my fingers, just before the nails begin. It's not sore, but I used to have a lot of.. flayed? (sounds awful, but just..tattery really) dead skin around there. Not as bad now at all, but still present.

Not sure what that is. Doesn't affect anything though.

My leg hair on my lower legs is entirely blonde, while on my thighs and...above is dark brown. Not sure if it's blonde anywhere else either. Chest hair is dark brown too.

some of my facial hair grows in the oposite way to the outhers, which seems odd.

Because of the direction you shave?

My leg hair on my lower legs is entirely blonde, while on my thighs and...above is dark brown. Not sure if it's blonde anywhere else either. Chest hair is dark brown too.

Thats so odd (or is it normal, and I'm in fact the weird one?).

I have two hearts.

What happens you see is paraguians are so slow and laid back if they only had one heart it would not be able to sustain the inactivity from the body and would come to a standstill. So we have two hearts to keep us running just below the normal human.

Edited by Coolness Bears

Thats so odd (or is it normal, and I'm in fact the weird one?).

I'm pretty sure I'm the odd one. I weare shorts all the time too, so it looks like I have no leg hair from far away.

I've dyed my hair for ages, and it's currently dark brown, but my roots are pretty light, so I wonder if my natural hair colour hasn't changed while under the dye. But then I assume my leg hair doesn't just...change? I think it's always been blonde...

I once had a horrific period where literally half of each eyebrow would turn ginger. The other half was brown. No one knew why it was, and I feared that I was "turning" ginger, and my eyebrows are dark, which I really like.

However, it turned out it was just the bleach in the skin stuff I was using at the time.

I once had a horrific period

Pretty sure that's not normal.

Pretty sure that's not normal.

God, that made me laugh something stupid.

Edited by Slaggis

When I lie down to go to sleep, my throat "clicks".

It's like my vocal chords are chirping to an unsung song. It usually happens in a regular pattern too. Like, there'll be 2 quiet clicks and one loud one, then a period of nothingness.

And the strange thing is that it only happens when I'm lying down, about 5 minutes after I've turned off the light and put my head on the pillow.

People have suggested that it's my throat glands doing something, but I've not ever got round to talking to a doctor to find out what it is.

Ooh body hair. I have a story about that.

When I got my first tattoo done, the guy shaved the left side of my left leg. Rather than the hair on my left leg growing back, I lost hair on the right side of my right leg so that it mirrored the left leg. It all grew back eventually, but I still have more hair on the inside of my legs than out.

Plus a non hair related one. Well it's eyebrow related, so I suppose it is still a bit. I can raise my left eyebrow without raising the right, but not the other way round. I just can't.

I can make myself puke without using any apparatus or anything. Just pure willpower.

I have amazingly bad circulation in my hands and feet. So much so, I'm convinced they are developing superpowers and that if I concentrate enough I could turn things to ice with my touch.

Also, my ankle used to click really loudly whenever I walked. I got it after I broke my leg. You could hear me coming a mile off. It was kind of cool.

I can bend my thumbs all the way back, dunno if it's normal or not.

Why do my fingers look so fat in this picture...

photo2pcz.jpg

I have a lump on my hand from where I had blood taken. They must have punctured the tendon. It rises when I move my hand.

My other hand has a scar from all the needle pricks - I have one single good vein on my entire self apparently! :D

Plus a non hair related one. Well it's eyebrow related, so I suppose it is still a bit. I can raise my left eyebrow without raising the right, but not the other way round. I just can't.

Same. I can raise my left eyebrow but not my right, no matter how hard I try.

This. Hate it, had to give up Football because of it.

Also, I may have mentioned before: my left eye is brown, and my right eye is colourless. (as in, kinda gray-ish, basically where usually you have the brown/blue/whatever there is no melonin, so it's not coloured at all and you can just see the eye)

Same. I can raise my left eyebrow but not my right, no matter how hard I try.

Out of curiousity, are you left handed? I am and I can only raise my left eyebrow.

I'm right handed. Don't think there's a connection with writing hand to eyebrow lifting then :heh: