NEurope

I was in a match with someone who managed to get the nuke three times in a row. I managed to get it once and I was surprised because I'm shit at online tbh, haha. :(

I finished the game on Regular last night and started Veteran mode today, it's way too easy. I'm halfway through the game now and I've hardly died. The one level where I started to die quite a bit was "The only day...was yesterday" (or something along the lines of that, lol) but I managed to do that in the end.

Other than that, SWEET game!

Looks like SOMEONE'S a sore loser :p

I'm surprised you havn't found it hard...I completed on regular on day I got it but finding the step up hard.

I'm surprised you havn't found it hard...I completed on regular on day I got it but finding the step up hard.

I probably would have completed the game on Regular on the day I got it but I wanted to take my time with it. Now I know the story, I've just played through it and I thought Veteran would be too hard for me and it's not. I'm quite surprised, lol. I dunno if I've gotten better or something, I don't know. All I do is cover and shoot and move forward, cover and shoot and move forward...WaW is so much harder on Veteran so I thought this would be a lot tougher.

MW2 on Veteran is a walk in the park compared to CoD4 or WaW. Spec-Ops on Vet is where the real challenge is now.

I need to do the 2 compulsory co-op missions on Veteran if you're interested? They are not hard, it will just take a bit of time. Have you got a mic?

Or alternatively, we could try the 'online meet-up thread' to try and get an N-E match going, although I did try when the game first came out and nobody was interested. If you designate a time and host a private match, we could maybe gather a few forum members. Personally I would rather play Search & Destroy but I'll just go with whatever the majority wants to play.

I'm up for anything. Especially multiplayer, and I love Search and Destroy. Played it for the first time last night, awesome game.

I'm rubbish though, I warn you. I struggle on Regular on Spec Ops, I dread to think what Vet would be like :D

New 3rd party team for COD.

As Activision seems to be discovering this year with Guitar Hero, there's danger when a title is overexposed with too many iterations. Nonetheless, the publisher has aggressive expansion plans for Call of Duty. Although Infinity Ward and Treyarch have produced sequels in alternating years since 2005, the publisher now has a third development studio working on future versions.

One person close to the company said it also was considering adapting Call of Duty as a massively multi-player online world. The genre, in which Activision's Blizzard Entertainment subsidiary is a leader, requires huge upfront investments but can be very profitable as players pay a monthly subscription fee.

+

Activision Unveils Bay Area-Based Sledgehammer Games

Major publisher Activision has confirmed the founding of Sledgehammer Games in Foster City, CA, headed by former EA/Visceral Games execs Glen Schofield and Michael Condry (Dead Space) and working on an unannounced new title.

This announcement comes after earlier confirmation that the duo (pictured) had joined the Call Of Duty publisher to make "a new game based on one of Activision’s existing franchises".

According to the official announcement, Glen Schofield has joined Sledgehammer Games as Vice President and General Manager and Michael Condrey has joined as Vice President and COO of the Bay Area studio.

Edited by Dante

So basically we are going to see even more Call of Duty games?! Thats the only way I can see it going, how many "Hero" games have we had this year? Reckon same number of COD titles will be appearing on our shelves on every single platform under the sun.

Even EA at their worse had more than two bloody franchises being milked.

So basically we are going to see even more Call of Duty games?! Thats the only way I can see it going, how many "Hero" games have we had this year? Reckon same number of COD titles will be appearing on our shelves on every single platform under the sun.

2005 - Guitar Hero 1 - PS2

2006 - Guitar Hero 2 - PS2, 360

2007 - Guitar Hero Rocks the 80s - PS2

2007 - Guitar Hero 3 - PS2, 360, PS3, Wii

2007 - Guitar Hero Carabiner - Mobile

2007 - Guitar Hero 3 Mobile - Mobile

2008 - Guitar Hero Aerosmith - PS2, 360, PS3, Wii

2008 - Guitar Hero World Tour Mobile - Mobile

2008 - Guitar Hero III Backstage Pass - Mobile

2008 - Guitar Hero On Tour - DS

2008 - Guitar Hero World Tour - PS2, 360, PS3, Wii

2008 - Guitar Hero On Tour Decades - DS

2009 - Guitar Hero 5 - PS2, 360, PS3, Wii

2009 - Guitar Hero Metallica - PS2, 360, PS3, Wii

2009 - Guitar Hero Van Halen - PS2, 360, PS3, Wii

2009 - Guitar Hero 5 Mobile - Mobile

2009 - Guitar Hero Smash Hits - PS2, 360, PS3, Wii

2009 - Band Hero - PS2, 360, PS3, Wii, DS

2009 - Guitar Hero On Tour Modern Hits - DS

2009 - DJ Hero - PS2, 360, PS3, Wii

Edited by Dante

Weird

still, you can just do what most rational people do and wait for the Infinity Ward games.

Im guessing Infinity Ward will be doing the modern warfare stuff, and all the other tat(World War II) to the others, I'll just stick to infinity ward, shame is, someone 'casuals' will see the COD branding and go staright for it ragardless of what tat it is....

Weird

still, you can just do what most rational people do and wait for the Infinity Ward games.

Exactly but to the casual/core gamer do they make that differentiation between developers and the franchise?

World at War is hardly tat. Treyarch did a really good job of the multiplayer, and the campaign on Veteran was good fun.

In other news, just got a 40 killstreak. Beat that.

World at War is hardly tat. Treyarch did a really good job of the multiplayer, and the campaign on Veteran was good fun.

No chance...

I've realised something about this game. I cannot play it half arsed and casually...tried to play it last night and it was only towards the end that I got anywhere near being remotely convincing...I'm not that great but if I'm going to be competitive in any sense I really have to be on it.

Also a few days back I got a 6 kill streak which was recorded in the leaderboards now it says I've only got a 4?!

Playing your mum in split-screen doesn't count.

What do you play, headquarters and don't bother actually capturing the base thing...just runnng round killing people. God that DOES my head in, or domination and don't bother capturing anything just running round killing people. god that DOES my head in.

No doubt you got skills but if you are one of those types, bleuh to you. play Team Deathmatch if you just wanna kill people.

Thats more of a rant at everyone that does that more than you, you probably do play TD, fair play to you.

Oh and also!!! UAV is probably the most important thing, so yeah, people. If you can keep that in your kill streak load out that would be great!!! So you know, As a team we can actually find fucking people.

I've finally worked out how to play this in multiplayer! Sod tactics, sod stealth and in Public games even trying teamwork is a waste of time. Been struggling to get good scores in games but now with Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro and Commando Pro equipped and a UMP .45 in my hands I'm topping score boards. Sprinting around the map at full pelt constantly seems to work, I'm finding myself behind the enemy most of the time - for every other situation there's flashbangs :p

What do you play, headquarters and don't bother actually capturing the base thing...just runnng round killing people. God that DOES my head in, or domination and don't bother capturing anything just running round killing people. god that DOES my head in.

No doubt you got skills but if you are one of those types, bleuh to you. play Team Deathmatch if you just wanna kill people.

Thats more of a rant at everyone that does that more than you, you probably do play TD, fair play to you.

Oh and also!!! UAV is probably the most important thing, so yeah, people. If you can keep that in your kill streak load out that would be great!!! So you know, As a team we can actually find fucking people.

Yer, I got it in Team Deathmatch/Afghan, which is what I play until there's alot of my school mates online, which is when we start playing Ground War. Following game I got 32-0 on Rundown TD, which boosted my KD up to 3.05 :P. The thing is, my killstreak set-up is just so stupidly over-powered that if I get to 7 kills, I'm nearly guranteed about 20...seems a bit unbalanced (Harrier, Pave Low, Chopper Gunner).

Whoever has been recommending the Spas: wise words. Awesome secondary weapon in certain levels. :)

Also, is there any point in prestiging this time round? Only got to like 3rd prestige in MW, so don't see the point.

If the team your playing isnt smart enough to destroy the UAV then theres not really any point in having it anyway, ur gunna win.

Yer, I got it in Team Deathmatch/Afghan, which is what I play until there's alot of my school mates online, which is when we start playing Ground War. Following game I got 32-0 on Rundown TD, which boosted my KD up to 3.05 :P. The thing is, my killstreak set-up is just so stupidly over-powered that if I get to 7 kills, I'm nearly guranteed about 20...seems a bit unbalanced (Harrier, Pave Low, Chopper Gunner).

Whoever has been recommending the Spas: wise words. Awesome secondary weapon in certain levels. :)

Also, is there any point in prestiging this time round? Only got to like 3rd prestige in MW, so don't see the point.

Ah, im liking the style, so once get to 7, the kills just keep totting up, might try that myself. Yum yum.

Fal is still dominating for me, Heartbeat sensor perk with a holographic, Hello Emergency Air Drop, then with a AA-12 for major roffles.

Ah, im liking the style, so once get to 7, the kills just keep totting up, might try that myself. Yum yum.

Fal is still dominating for me, Heartbeat sensor perk with a holographic, Hello Emergency Air Drop, then with a AA-12 for major roffles.

The Harrier pretty much by itself gives you the other 2, and the Chopper Gunner can get you 15 + on some levels so it gets a bit stupid. Try it out - is awesome. :) Anyone else sit on the stairs on Skidrow and shoot down the corridor? I have FMJ on and just patrol that corridor, it's ridiculously hard to get shot if you get dodging.

Random question. Do you lose the ability to unlock another killstreak reward if you don't use it? I swear I was looking at my profile and it said I had 1 level left to unlock another, totally forgot about it for ages and the next time I looked it said I had 5 levels to go. Maybe i'm going mad...