N-Europe

The Apprentice

dwarf

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Paj I think some people just like to downplay anyone who is widely conceived as being attractive, but Kate really is on the money. I know what you mean about Mona but she is more in the milf-to-be-if-not-already category.

Margaret seems like the person that was a reject at school despite being hilarious.

Well Paj I think some people just like to downplay anyone who is widely conceived as being attractive, but Kate really is on the money. I know what you mean about Mona but she is more in the milf-to-be-if-not-already category.

Margaret seems like the person that was a reject at school despite being hilarious.

Really? I think Kate has one of those faces that are just normal, but look like her skull is the shape of an oval-shaped egg, with her mouth and other facial features showing this. I think it's her teeth. Or something. Maybe if she had curly hair.

Monna is far more naturally beautiful. Facially.

Has anyone heard about the homophobic comments made by Mona? Without spoiling the task, she basically said during a task that she wouldn't want her daughter to meet a gay man or something, after Howard had suggested something. Apparently the producers are still deciding whether or not they'll include it in the episode.

Link

In my opinion, Phil or Kate should win

they're the only ones with balls to actually do something in the group

yeah the pants man was a shit idea, but think about last week when that ponce noorul was team leader....Phil was the ONLY person to actually get stuff done.

That lorraine was ridiculous, she should just be shot in the face.

Yasmina may be a bit of a dark horse, i'd like to see when she becomes team leader...

In my opinion' date=' [b']Phil or Kate should win[/b]

they're the only ones with balls to actually do something in the group

yeah the pants man was a shit idea, but think about last week when that ponce noorul was team leader....Phil was the ONLY person to actually get stuff done.

That lorraine was ridiculous, she should just be shot in the face.

Yasmina may be a bit of a dark horse, i'd like to see when she becomes team leader...

I agree with that, Kate hasn't really put a foot wrong.

• 1 month later...

It's the final between Yasmina and Kate. I want Yasmina to win (I find her strangely attractive) but she is the better contestant. However Philip is going to ruin whoevers team he is on tonight, he is such a dickwad.

Kate neeeeeeeeeeeeds to win, I actually like her as a person which cannot be said for the rest of them.

Though, am I the only one that thought it was made obvious who wins by the "you're hired" clip where Allen pointed at one of them off screen? It was obvious which direction he pointed in. Fail.

I think completely the right decision to hire Yasmina, Kate really didn't seem to have too much you'd hire her on. Really bad series of candidates this year I thought, more and more they seem to be picking people for reasons other than business sense.

Always enjoyable though, I'm very tempted to apply to be on it, if it wasn't televised I think it would be a lot of fun.

Third year in a row Alan has picked the wrong person. He should be fired.

Agreed. I loved Kate, and she did consistently well. Yasmina was freaking annoying throughout.

Though, like I said earlier, it was obvious from the end of last week that she won.

I think completely the right decision to hire Yasmina' date=' Kate really didn't seem to have too much you'd hire her on.[/quote']

Well she did have a first class honours degree, and had been through graduate training programs. And really, to be on the apprentice, I'd say wouldn't want much more experience than that. The idea of having an apprentice means you don't want someone who's already settled into their own ways too much, and I know too well that a lot of companies won't take you on their GTPs if you're experienced.

Kate was obviously more controlled and didn't have a trout-face (lol), and just seemed like one of those people that really knew what they were doing. Kate was surely the most likely to win, which is why I think the decision leaned towards Yasmina. They always like to make the shock decision.

Edited by Sheikah

I really don't think first class honours degrees mean very much at all, its an entirely different thing to actually working. Again Graduate Schemes don't exactly mean much, they're generally just a way of getting in a lot of decent graduates with a view to finding the couple of decent workers, going through the process doesn't qualify you for much.

It's not really the same thing, this is a £100k job, not a low level management role a few years out of uni. You have to have a decent amount of experience to succeed. Building your own business up it probably about as good a thing to have going for you as anything.

I really don't think first class honours degrees mean very much at all' date=' its an entirely different thing to actually working.[/quote']

From Uni I can tell you one thing; people who strive for that 1st class are hard-workers, and the amount of effort you need to put in to earn it is proof itself of the kind of person you're dealing with. Yes, it could show that the person is just academically brilliant, but through the course of The Apprentice itself it's clear that Kate had the business potential too. Her speaking abilities were second to none against the other candidates, and she could sell well.

Having your own business means it's questionable why you'd sack that in to work for someone else, and you'd wonder whether it'd be wise to take on someone who isn't used to taking orders.

From Uni I can tell you one thing; people who strive for that 1st class are hard-workers, and the amount of effort you need to put in to earn it is proof itself of the kind of person you're dealing with.

And unfortunately it means absolutely nothing at all when it comes to business. You can be the cleverest most hardworking person in the world, if you don't have the right way of using it you're not going anywhere.

Anyway that's a different conversation.

I'm not saying Kate was bad, just don't see much in her to win this process. The right person won.

And unfortunately it means absolutely nothing at all when it comes to business. You can be the cleverest most hardworking person in the world' date=' if you don't have the right way of using it you're not going anywhere.

[/quote']

Yeah, but like the show proved, she had great skills in business too. So she had the hard-working drive, and the skill. It's no mystery why some of the country's top graduates go on to hold some of the best jobs in business; not because academics are best at business, but because education can be a great starting step to filter the cream.

Well, that's just my thoughts. To be fair, Yasmina does have her own business and that's impressive, although she did run it with her brother. If I ran a business with my sister, I know who'd probably end up doing most of the actual work (me). :p

Lee the Neanderthal? Seriously, he spit more than he talked.

Ha ha, that was indeed shocking. He was a bit dumb and he even lied about his qualifications. That really was a weird choice.

Yasmina was better than Kate, she was more human and clearly more passionate. Glad she won.

I think the only reason she chose Philip was because she forgot the name of Rocky! I did anyway.