N-Europe

Year Books

Paj!

Yeah, but the fact is, I love my year, and the fact that no one hates each other. Everyone gets on well.

You're kidding? Woah. I didn't think it was possible for a large group of teenagers to all like each other...there's always a couple of total whorebags in the mix.

You're kidding? Woah. I didn't think it was possible for a large group of teenagers to all like each other...there's always a couple of total whorebags in the mix.

It's not an amish community, but while there's people I dislike, and others I prefer, everyone is civil and nice to other. No one is actually a douche.

So yeah, I feel pretty lucky in that regard.

It's not an amish community, but while there's people I dislike, and others I prefer, everyone is civil and nice to other. No one is actually a douche.

So yeah, I feel pretty lucky in that regard.

Similar situation at my school. There were a few asshats back in the day, but all dropped out by sixthform.

Do you get yearbooks in upper sixth then? We only had them at the end of year 11, which was a bit meh. I think the only thing about me in mine was my form tutor saying that I 'always looked like I've just woken up'. Thanks for that.

Still, it's all about the messages people write in the blank pages of each others books. Some of mine make me naww.

I got my friends to write their views about me, and I compiled them into one:

“Oh bumpy legs!”* Perhaps John got an offer from Oxford because they were so impressed with his idiosyncratic armoury of sayings? Apart from that, nobody knows quite how he managed it, after doing no work, spending ridiculous amounts of time at the Dominion, and partying with dubious characters all year.

John is seemingly perpetually bouncy and gay. While most are not privy to his humour, we end up laughing at him when he embarks on a laughing fit. His hair has received mixed reviews but his unconventional music taste can only be described as “lovely” (lucky, considering his possessiveness over the common room sound-system). We'll never forget him attempting to serenade over lunch, particularly his famous rendition of “Joanni”.

Despite his laid-back work ethics, it is certain that John will be incredibly successful, and to quote Cyndi Lauper – Money Changes Everything.

*(Where did this come from??)

It seems pretty descriptive of me as a whole. I still have 13 words left, so I might add something small to it.

Edited by chairdriver

They did like a yearbook in gcse which was basically all our photos and not much else, but there was this one guy who was like...half english half chinese, only in his place there was this black kid who had one of the cheesiest grins ever. It had the original guy's name and everything, but just this other dude as his photo(black kid was also in it under/in his own name, so he was there twice effectively). Seriously, best thing about that 'yearbook'.

So mine needs to be 160 words. After editing down from 440 words, as I wanted it, this is it now. It's perfect, but way too long;

It is my genuine belief that this boy is the most talented artist in the year. He is incredibly easy to talk to despite reminding you of Edward Scissorhands (in a bloody excellent way). Don’t ever change your look to fit in – it’s fantastic. No doubt I’ll see your exhibited work someday. You’re a smooth talker, Henry. Lara

Henry is an assassin of fortune. Zander

Henry was destined to be bothered by me, to the extent that he ended up being my host family – With his talent & charms he’s been a great friend and a great source of amusement along the way. Rachael

Henry earned himself the nickname of Hen after laying numerous eggs around the school over the years; I am the only one to have noticed this. Hen is a great guy, and mention hilarious at times. Rory M

My friendship with Henry began at the beginning of 4ths, since then, he, John and I have done almost everything together. A quality that most defines Henry is his ability to never do anything conventional or boring, making for the most interesting person I’ve ever met. His hairstyles will also go down in history, just think of Elie, Kairi! Patrick

The best time Henners and I had together was our blow-drying session. There’s not much else to say, other than it was beautiful! Natasha

Holding Canards Sauvages, his clubcard into the Sacred Eight, our year's resident DeeT prize winning Ear With Feet is trapped in a sensual world. He poignantly holds Virginia Woolf and David Lynch in great regard, sure to help get him a role in the remake of 15 and Pregnant. At the end of the day, we are forced to question whether he is abnormally attracted to sin, and how come he is so solid gold. John H (Chairdriver)

Most likely to say…

Bzzht. Bzzhzt.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years’ time?

Smelling of urine, surrounded by cats. Or married with kids. (Possibly both?) I’m already quite broody.

How would you like to be remembered?

To quote Mr.Prosser, “All your pieces are….Boobtastic.â€

Final thoughts…

I’ve had an amazing time at EA, and I’m thankful to be part of the brilliant year group I am. I’ve made loads of friends, and had an unbelievable laugh along the way. I’ve encountered some brilliant teachers and staff too, which I’m grateful for. It’ll be sad to leave it all behind!

I never got a yearbook when i was in school, just a Record of Achievement and a signed school shirt from everyone who knew me wishing me luck.

Yearbooks came out the year after i left so i missed out. :cry:

Don't remind me of those signed shirts.. Why the fuck did I do that. Idiots writing all over your clothing wishing you good luck like they actually care.

Then what do you do with it? Shove it in the cupboard and leave it there for ever. What a wonderful waste of time that you have to get involved with because at the time it seems like an awesome thing to do.

I had fun doing the writing on shirts thing, but I don't think I've ever shown it to anyone. Partly because of the two breasts drawn on by some scallywag.

Final thoughts…

I’ve had an amazing time at EA, and I’m thankful to be part of the brilliant year group I am. I’ve made loads of friends, and had an unbelievable laugh along the way. I’ve encountered some brilliant teachers and staff too, which I’m grateful for. It’ll be sad to leave it all behind!

It's lovely and sentimental, but I think I expected something more non-standard from you pashmina :p

I think the whole self-importance of year books is what annoys me the most. People putting so much time and effort into them is just pointless. If I remember rightly I just left mine blank and didn't buy it either.

I wish I had wrote something, "Screw you all, phonies."

That sound our School Chronicle. That's free for everyone in school (maybe they sneaks a fee onto the fees, but IIRC they don't), and is a retrospective of the year. However, it's much more formal, so has beside the leavers (last years) names, just what they've acheived and where they're going after school.

The yearbook is made by the pupils, for the pupils. And only the 7nths obviously.

This is made by the pupils for the pupils too, just had a focus on the whole school rather than just the 6th years. Each 6th year had about a third of a page about them; picture and small paragraph. It works really well because almost everyone in the school will want to get it as there are class photographs etc.

Don't remind me of those signed shirts.. Why the fuck did I do that. Idiots writing all over your clothing wishing you good luck like they actually care.

Then what do you do with it? Shove it in the cupboard and leave it there for ever. What a wonderful waste of time that you have to get involved with because at the time it seems like an awesome thing to do.

I'm hoping to frame mine one day

(yeah, when will i get round to doing that i wonder)

It does seem pointless, but at the time it was awesome to have a signed shirt but now, like you when i look back on it i think "why??"