NEurope
ReZourceman

Max Payne 3

UK, March 23, 2009 - Rockstar has announced that Max Payne 3 is currently in development and will be released on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC this winter. Rockstar Vancouver is developing the game, which will tell the story of a retired police detective embroiled in a world of corruption, turmoil and intense violence.

Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games, said: "We're starting a new chapter of Max's life with this game." He continued: "This is Max as we've never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever. We experience the downward spiral of his life after the events of Max Payne 2 and witness his last chance for salvation."

The last in the series, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, was released back in 2003

http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/

I thought that Alan Wake was the "next" Max Payne?

The original developers (Remedy?) of Max Payne 1 & 2 are working on Alan Wake (still) and the keys have been handed over to Rockstar Vancouver who have made Bully.

Just be thankfull it's still in good hands (ie Rockstar instead of EA if the whole by out went through).

I'm expecting the same great cinematic approach, they better not fuck up the character or worse still, try and tie it to the god awful film.

I wonder which of Max Payne 2's endings they're going to go with. Not that it'll make a huge difference, I suppose.

I just hope Vancouver's take on Max is more John McClane than Neo.

Oh. Fuck. Yes!!! This is seriously brilliant news! As long as they get the basics right, and don't try and add tons of pointless crap, it'll be awesome.

I wonder which of Max Payne 2's endings they're going to go with. Not that it'll make a huge difference, I suppose.

I just hope Vancouver's take on Max is more John McClane than Neo.

I'm guessing they'll probably go with the secret ending, I really can't see where they can go with the normal ending tbh.

I've got a feeling they're going to keep her dead....

"We're starting a new chapter of Max's life with this game,"

"This is Max as we've never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever. We experience the downward spiral of his life after the events of Max Payne 2 and witness his last chance for salvation."

said Sam Houser, Rockstar Games founder.

I've got a feeling they're going to keep her dead....

said Sam Houser, Rockstar Games founder.

Not by Remedy?

Seems like Rockstar will instill their own charcter to the series.

Huh?

No this isn't being developed or written by anyone from Remedy. I'm guessing Rockstar Vancouver can take the story where they want.

Which I think should include keeping you know who dead. It would keep the nice grim tone of the series, poor old Max.

Old man Max!

11slfys.jpg

He's been out of commission for a while, but did you really think Max Payne was done for good? Not if he has anything to say about it. Game Informer has the world-exclusive on Rockstar’s return to the grittiest cop on the streets with Max Payne 3. Our 10-page cover story will give you the scoop on what has happened to Payne over the last 10 years and why he’s back to a life of blood and violence. We’ve also got a great, in-depth look at Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time from Insomniac. This, plus the latest previews, reviews and even a look into building the perfect RPG. So check your mailboxes and be sure to get all of the extras in Game Informer Unlimited, going live on the 15th.

Okaaaay, is it just me, or does Max now look like the bastard-child of John McClane and Sam Fisher? :heh:

I just thumbed through that issue of GI. The setting in Sao Paolo looks very RE5-ish. Oddly the camera seems to be fixated on Max's ass, either that or GI really likes his ass.

The issue does confirm online multiplayer for both PS3 and 360

How the hell is this out in a couple of weeks but we have a thread for it that hasn't been posted in since mid-2009?

Because this looks fucking spectacular.

Actually genuinely ass-rippingly spectacular.

Looks like CoD crossed with Uncharted. Looking forward to the reviews. I hope they keep the film noir angle - although graphically it seems like a strange fit at the moment.

Hhhmmmm.

I saw the trailer at the cinema and thought it looked like absolute shit.

Having watched that multiplayer preview....the multiplayer at least looks....ridiculously good. Ugh. Interesting. Interesting indeed.

I've never played a Max Payne game, but I've been told it has some interesting multiplayer and so I'm almost contemplating getting this for my ps3 if my mate from work does too. The question is...am I likely to be feeling a little left out having not played the others? Was there a lot in 2 that referenced 1?

Your only worry at not having played the first two should be that you've missed out on a great pair of games.

Max Payne 3 is handled by a different developer and has a different tone; it's Rockstar making a Rockstar game. It'll no doubt have some references to past entries but nothing too prohibitive, so you shouldn't pay the 3 much heed.

I'm on chapter 4 and I'm enjoying the game. It plays very much like the first Max Payne game.

Purchased this myself, must be Rockstars way of apologising for the dismal L.A Noire

Might go out and pick this up tomorrow, Although i've been watching a playthrough of the game on gameanyone.com. Doubt it'll take anything away from my enjoyment though.