N-Europe

The 3rd DIY Mafia

Jonnas

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was planning on using it but the 25% percent chance of me dying didn't appeal to me :heh:

Lazyboy was immortal, though. He could've used it. ;)

What, Eenuh was Scully? Ha! That's awesome! We didn't even plan it! :D

I really thought you did it on purpose. So I separated you. However, if one of you happened to target the other one during the night, the two would start working together as a group, and one would commit suicide if the other one died.

It never happened, though. And Eenuh was working with Domjcg (who I later killed due to inactivity)

Great game, Jonnas, but to be fair the town didn't have much to go at. Still, great game. :)

No, there wasn't much solid info. I did that on purpose, though. I actually wanted the town to follow suspicion and intuiton instead of concrete evidence.

I also gave the town another shot, in the end. CB and Vicar should've been killed due to inactivity, but if I did, the mafia would instantly win.

(One more thing. When Lazyboy was lynched, if the mafiosos hadn't voted, odds were, Vicar and CB wouldn't complete majority, and the mafia would've won with a clean sweep)

Still, I think it was a good game. Kudos to Lazyboy (for being a hell of a mafioso), Dannyboy (for covering his identity so well), Nintendohnut (his role stated he should lynch as much as possible, but he still made a good job out of it) and Jayseven (for motivating the others into surviving a few more days)

Arrgh... being killed off on the second night is not fun! Especially as it was probably either Dyson or Mundi who decided to off me because I was top of the leaderboards... *shakes fist*

In the penultimate day, I was pretty lucky to have not been killed as a consequence of not keeping my vote for Gizmo. The majority was lowered, and Gizmo's change of heart allowed a mafia dude to complete the lynch. If the entire town had arrived in the first few hours of the new day and voted for me, you would have probably won it! We organised it so that we could all pwn Coolness at the same time, giving the town no time to go "hang on a minute, he's innocent!" Coolness was inactive, so we thought it would be better to remove him than an active player such as Jayseven, Eenuh and Gizmo.

Well played to my fellow mafia, and to the ones who almost survived Barack/Gozer's murderous regime! :heh:

Thanks Jonnas! Woohoo, honourable mentions :)

I liked my role but I really needed a protector. Together me and Vicar could have been really useful. I could change targets at night which usually gave me some pretty useful info, and Vicar could halve the no of votes needed to lynch... and he didn't use it once! If we'd had a protector between the two of us then we would have had a good chance at helping out the townies. But really it was non-participation and a constant lack of any information for the townies that lost them this game.

Still, well done Jonnas, great organisation!

Also: I followed the game after I died, was pretty sure about Tellyn, but I was so sure that jayseven was mafia and I couldn't believe nobody had accused him. Looks like I was wroooooong :) Had no idea about Dannyboy whatsoever, well played dude!

I really thought you did it on purpose. So I separated you. However, if one of you happened to target the other one during the night, the two would start working together as a group, and one would commit suicide if the other one died.

Aw, too bad! That would've been awesome! :)

It never happened, though. And Eenuh was working with Domjcg (who I later killed due to inactivity)

Who was Domjcg again?

Still, I think it was a good game. Kudos to Lazyboy (for being a hell of a mafioso), Dannyboy (for covering his identity so well), Nintendohnut (his role stated he should lynch as much as possible, but he still made a good job out of it) and Jayseven (for motivating the others into surviving a few more days)

Thanks. :) I really tried to deceive people into trusting me, which is why I put in a vote for LazyBoy. It seemed impossible for him to survive, and since I knew we were getting close to victory, I decided on gaining a lot of trust in order to get someone good lynched. When jayseven immediately listed the ones that didn't vote for LazyBoy as possible mafiosos, I could have kissed him for helping my plan along. :D

In the penultimate day, I was pretty lucky to have not been killed as a consequence of not keeping my vote for Gizmo. The majority was lowered, and Gizmo's change of heart allowed a mafia dude to complete the lynch. If the entire town had arrived in the first few hours of the new day and voted for me, you would have probably won it! We organised it so that we could all pwn Coolness at the same time, giving the town no time to go "hang on a minute, he's innocent!" Coolness was inactive, so we thought it would be better to remove him than an active player such as Jayseven, Eenuh and Gizmo.

Well played to my fellow mafia, and to the ones who almost survived Barack/Gozer's murderous regime! :heh:

It was so awesome the way we gathered on MSN late at night and coordinated our votes! Teamwork FTW! :D Kudos to Tellyn for planning it. :)

Also: I followed the game after I died, was pretty sure about Tellyn, but I was so sure that jayseven was mafia and I couldn't believe nobody had accused him. Looks like I was wroooooong :) Had no idea about Dannyboy whatsoever, well played dude!

Thanks! :)

Reading through the thread again, there are so many questions that pop up: :heh: How did your reporter power work, jayseven? And what happened to Gizmo the time he voted in all directions?

Who was Domjcg again?

Reading through the thread again, there are so many questions that pop up: :heh: How did your reporter power work, jayseven? And what happened to Gizmo the time he voted in all directions?

The Gizmo thing was his idea. Considering his power, he wanted people to suspect him and go after him in the night...only to find Lazyboy (at least I think that's what he wanted).

The only one after him was Danny, though (and it pissed me off. The write-up said two people killed Maddog, and Gizmo saw someone leave with Lazyboy...The clues were there, but he didn't mention anything in the main thread. The discussion would've stopped right there, if Eenuh hadn't used that ball)

As for the other questions, I shall post the roles soon.

DomJcg: Agent Smith (The Matrix)

You are Agent Smith, a man shrouded in mystery.

Before becoming a program in the Matrix, you were a ruthless detective, working for an unknown agency. You were sent to this place to investigate some suspicious fellows, and recruited Eenuh to help you along the way.

Being a detective, you may investigate one player per night. You will find whether that person is Good, Evil or Neutral.

Also, you can communicate with Eenuh outside of the thread.

Eenuh: Dana Scully (X-Files)

You are Dana Scully, who is Moulder-less right now.

DomJcg came to you for help in solving a mysterious case, and here you are. Even though you’re not an FBI agent anymore, you still seem to get involved in strange situations.

Being both a trained agent and a competent doctor, you may protect one person per night.

Also, you can communicate with Domjcg outside of the thread.

You guys are Good. You win when all the threats to the town are gone.

Gizmo: Chuck (Chuck)

You are Chuck, unlucky bastard.

When you think you can finally take a break from dangerous activities, a shady group interrupts your holidays. Just lovely.

You may target one player per night. You will hide in this player’s house, and any bad luck directed at you that night will afflict your “host†instead.

You are Good. You win when all the threats to the town are gone.

-If Gizmo was, by any chance, targeted by an investigator, he would look Neutral;

-Halfway through the game, he got Maase's power as well (roleblock and protect), but he never used it;

-If no one targeted Gizmo, something bad would happen to his "host" anyway. That's why Tellyn was forced to vote for him

jayseven: Phil Connors (Groundhog Day)

You are Phil Connors, a plain journalist.

You were sent here to do a story on whatever is happening around here. It may just grant you a promotion, now.

You may target one player per night. You will write a short article about this player, and everyone will see it in the write-up.

-I was the one writing the newspapers (which was great fun). Most of what was written was true, though (albeit a bit exaggerated)

mr-paul: Sweeney Todd (Sweeney Todd)

You are Sweeney Todd, a psychotic barber.

You just took a short stop on this place before heading home to London. However, you are now stuck here, and seek to end this as soon as possible.

You may kill one player per night. It’s what you do best.

-Mr-paul would look evil if investigated;

-He tried to kill Lazyboy at one point, but...he was blind :heh:. If he wasn't, he would've gotten a clue about LB's immortality

Beggilax: Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

You are Monkey D. Luffy, looking for adventures.

You came to this place looking for some fun. Looks like you’re in for a treat.

You may target one player per night. You will use shenanigans to misdirect this player into someone else at random. You will know into whom, though.

Cube: Dory (Finding Nemo)

You are Dory, an adorable fish.

You don’t really remember why you’re here, but you will help everyone get rid of the bad guys.

You may target one player per night. You will follow this person through the night, and will pay attention to everything you see…but won’t remember anything the next day.

However, if you post P.Sherman, 42, Wallaby Street, Sydney in the thread, you will remember everything that happened in the past 2 nights.

Maddog: Wall-E

You are Wall-E, a curious robot.

You came to this place out of curiosity. You still don’t know exactly what is going on, but you want to see the bad guys finished.

You may target one player per night. You will steal something from him/her, out of curiosity. You never know what these things do, though, so you must give them to someone else the next day.

The fish: Richard Sharpe

You are Richard Sharpe, war veteran.

You were sent here by the British army to kill any suspicious personel, but it seems you’re here by yourself.

You may target one player per night. You will steal something from him/her. You will also receive something from lynchings you participated in.

You will use your war experience to make something out of these raw materials, which will grant you new, permanent abilities.

-The whole "items" thing worked pretty well. Maddog was distributing strange items among the townsfolk, while The Fish could create something permanent out of them. It certainly forced me into being creative.

Coolness Bears: Lum (Urusei Yatsura)

You are Lum, a cute alien girl.

While looking for Ataru (who disappeared again), you found yourself in this silly situation. You just want to get rid of the bad guys so you can continue your search.

You may target one player per night. You will electrocute this person, leaving him/her inactive for the night.

-At one point, Maddog stole his horns (and gave them to Danny). Not only did this keep CB out of action for a night, it would protect Danny from being roleblocked once. Unfortunately for CB, that was the exact night his powers came back :heh:

Nintendohnut: Jonnas

You are Jonnas, surprisingly handsome.

You just want to keep your game interesting, even if that means putting yourself in it, and working with another omnipotent fellow.

As a game master, you have the ability to change targets as you see fit. Each night, you may send me a PM, with the character you intend to control, and his/her new target.

Also, you want your game to be interesting. If three days go by without anyone being lynched (excluding the first day), you get depressed, and leave the game.

Vicar: The King of All Cosmos (Katamari Damacy)

You are The King of All Cosmos, whose name is self-explanatory.

You have taken an interest in mafia games, and you have aligned yourself with another omnipotent being to see what all the fuss is about.

You are an intimidating deity. If you post “I JUDGE *player name*â€, the majority needed to lynch that player will be reduced to half, rounded up.

Also, you don’t like boredom. If two nights go by without anyone being killed, you get bored, and leave the game.

Skunky: Big Daddy (Bioshock)

You are Big Daddy, a very dangerous monster.

Well, most of the time anyway. Now, you’re thinking about trying new lifestyles. While travelling, you were attracted to this place, and now you will now dare to do different kinds of stuff to help those around you.

Every night, you will have a different power. At the beginning of each night, I will send you a PM with your new job. You will then use it as you see fit.

Raining_Again: Inoue Orihime (Bleach)

You are Inoue Orihime, an anime girl with magic powers.

Somehow, you have been brought to a strange place. You have pretty much no idea on what is going on, but you will try to do the right thing, and help the town.

You may target one player per night. You will protect this person from killers during that night.

Moogleviper: Lee Evans

You are Lee Evans, a sweaty comedian.

You just came here for a show with a new audience, and next thing you know, there’s a mafia killing people and stuff.

You may target one player per night. You will entertain this person with a comedy act, roleblocking him/her.

Also, you are constantly drenched in smelly sweat, which means it’s impossible for other people to target you (except killers).

chairdriver: Frank N. Furter (Rocky Horror Picture Show)

You are Frank N. Furter, a peculiar fellow.

You came to this place looking for some amusement. Hopefully you won’t be disappointed.

Each night, you may send me a PM with two player names. You will invite these two players to visit your curious castle. Since your castle is so confusing, anyone targeting one of the players will target the other one instead (and vice-versa).

Tellyn: Barack Obama

You are Barack Obama, US president.

While you were trying to achieve peace with the other characters, someone tried to kill you. Luckily, Maase was there for you. Now, you join everyone else in taking down this mysterious threat.

Being Barack Obama, your vote is respected enough to count twice.

Also, you can communicate with Maase outside of the thread.

Maase: Bartholomew Kuma (One Piece)

You are Bartholomew Kuma, loyal servant of the government.

You are the personal bodyguard of the president of the USA. You were the one that stopped those bullets at the beginning.

Your hands possess incredible magnetic abilities. Each night, you may target a player. That player will be protected and roleblocked for that night. Plus, since you are so tall and imposing, it is nearly impossible to kill you during the night.

Also, you can communicate with Tellyn outside of the thread.

-As we now know, Tellyn wasn't that innocent

Neutrals

Ellmeister: Jason Voorhees (Friday 13th)

You are Jason Voorhees, dangerous and bloodthirsty.

Like always, you seek the massacre of everyone in the vicinity. This time, you’ll take a calmer approach, just for fun. You’ll kill them while pretending to get along with everyone.

You must kill one person per night. You can’t spend a night doing nothing.

Also, you have inhuman stamina, which means you need to be nightkilled twice before actually dying. This resistance does not apply to lynching, though.

You are Neutral. You win when everyone but you is dead.

Zell: Captain Falcon (F-Zero)

You are Captain Falcon, racer, bounty hunter, and awesome.

Due to the economic crisis, you have lost most of your savings. You need to make some money, and fast. You found out that the recent gathering around here includes several bounties from different sources. Normally, you avoid needlessly dangerous encounters, but you have no choice right now.

You may kill one person per night. When you kill someone from your bounty list, you win the amount of credits he/she/it is worth.

The problem is, you don’t have names, only vague descriptions. But you gotta work with what you have:

-A very tall man who can win battles without ever touching his opponents; (200 credits)

-A masked man who excels with close-range weapons; (200 credits)

-A shady arms dealer who thinks war is a game; (100 credits)

-The proof that “God†exists; (100 credits)

-A war veteran. They say he’s very crafty; (100 credits)

-A serial killer who uses mundane objects as weapons; (100 credits)

-A monstrous being. (100 credits)

-A pirate with a trademark hat (100 credits)

One more thing, you don’t like making casualties. If you happen to kill someone not on the list, you get depressed, and won’t be able to post in the thread or kill anybody else for 24 hours. So remember, plan your moves carefully.

You are Neutral. Your goal is to gather 500 credits.

-The people he had to kill were Maase (2 hits), Ellmeister, Dyson, Nintendohnut/Vicar, The fish, Skunky and Beggilax.

* The Mafia

You’re the mafia. You were the ones behind all those shenanigans at the beginning, and are now aiming to kill the remaining characters.

You communicate outside of the thread, and you may kill one person per night. The current godfather (Tellyn) decides who makes those kills.

Just remember that the guy you pick can’t use any other powers during that night.

You win when you achieve majority over the town

Tellyn: Gozer (Ghostbusters)

You are Gozer, the mastermind behind all of this.

After that humiliating defeat at the hands of the Ghostbusters, you came up with a new plan. Taking the form of Barack Obama was the first step. Gathering potential threats in a single place was the second. After orchestrating that “assassination attempt†at the beginning, you may now proceed to eliminate everyone else.

Having the form of Barack Obama, your vote is respected enough to count twice.

Also, you can communicate with the gullible townie, Maase outside of the thread.

Dyson: Worm (Worms)

You are a worm, who just loves to blow shit up.

You have been hired by Tellyn to wreck havoc on an unsuspecting town. How could you possibly refuse?

Considering your lifestyle, it’s no surprise you have a connection to the WWW (Worms’ Weapons of War), which means you have access to incredible technology. Anyone in the mafia may use your weapons, making you a valuable asset.

You’re starting with a few things, but you’ll receive new supplies from time to time.

Mundi: Horatio Caine (CSI: Miami)

You are Horatio Caine, CSI authority.

Considering you have a family, it wasn’t hard for Tellyn’s thugs to “recruit†you. Reluctantly, you help them murder the opposition.

Being the head of crime investigations, you have access to confidential information regarding deaths. Everyday, you will receive information about the deaths that occurred during the night.

Lazyboy: Posterior Cerebral Artery Syndrome

You are PCAS, a syndrome-turned-disease-made-sentient.

Long story short, you are the living embodiment of a disease that doesn’t exist in real life. And you were made by the US government, which explains why “Obama†got a hold of you.

PCAS is associated with sight problems. You may target one player per night, and that player will become permanently deficient (that is, his/her powers will only work half of the time).

Plus, since you aren’t a living being, you can’t be killed during the night (lynching will still kill you, though).

Dannyboy-the-Dane: Fox Moulder (X-Files)

You are Moulder, who is Scully-less right now.

Apparently, Tellyn has info about your missing sister. Following your strongest lead yet, you decide to help him in exchange for his knowledge.

Right now, the only thing that you can help the mafia with is gathering info. You may investigate one person per night.

not_so_tiny: Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)

You are Tom Nook, businessman extraordinaire.

There’re no such concepts such as “Good†or “Evilâ€. Only money, and poor people who you can profit from. Working for Tellyn is simply a beneficial business decision for both parties.

You currently possess 2000 pounds, and starting from day 2, you gain 2000 more per day. Each night, you may target a player and bribe him/her into doing something for you:

-£2000: That player won’t do anything for the night (Roleblock);

-£4000: That player will target someone of your choosing;

-£6000: That player will perform a nightkill for the mafia.

-Lazyboy could be killed during the night...only if Eenuh or Raining_Again (the protectors) targeted him during the night. Never happened;

-Not_so_tiny couldn't bribe Eenuh and R_A;

-Dyson's weaponry included the Ninja Rope (could protect), Sheep (high destructive power), Laser Sight (made sure a nightkill worked), Freeze (prevented everything except killers) and Dragon Punch (made him look awesome in write-ups)

Good going Jonnas :) I enjoyed my role. I mostly picked my character just to see how you would run with it. Unfortunately, re-living the same day over and over wasn't meant to be :P

I tried to work with that, I really did. But I couldn't get my mind off the fact that he was a journalist...and the "Media are evil?" threads pop up frequently, I just had to run with the idea :heh:

As Jonnas said. I got bored. I had a strong suspicion Lazyboy was evil, so was hoping to make people target me in the night and push it onto him.

It was a shame that I had no chance to win. A neutral who couldn't be described as anything except evil because of how I look in the films, my murder weapon etc etc. I had to kill EVERYONE so it was incredibly hard. Oh well.

Good game, I'm glad people managed to get it back on track. Well done Jonnas :) Do we have anyone for the next game or anything planned?

It was a shame that I had no chance to win. A neutral who couldn't be described as anything except evil because of how I look in the films, my murder weapon etc etc. I had to kill EVERYONE so it was incredibly hard. Oh well.

Good game, I'm glad people managed to get it back on track. Well done Jonnas :) Do we have anyone for the next game or anything planned?

You were pretty unlucky, getting targeted by both Nintendohnut and Domjcg in the first night, which prompted you into getting investigated by Cube...All of them had to get perfect info or nothing.

Still, you took quite a while to get lynched, despite all the evidence. Kudos for that.

As for the next game, J7 showed some interest, so maybe.

Guest Maase

Well thought Mafia, Jonnas :3

About Tellyn's role.

Well, I suspected there was something like that, but really didn't think much about it.

And got very confused in the middle of the game where I PM'ed and when I didn't PM you, lol.

Sorry bout that.