NEurope

although everyone is saying EAs game is better... well matt cass is anyway..

Where does he say that?

virtua tennis has full online mode is thisa right? whata bout ea tennis ?

2 weeks to go :) till motion plus

Just looking to buy this, pretty disappointed to see that it's £44.99 with motionplus. I can't believe how expensive motionplus is! I thought Nintendo said they weren't going to make any money on it?! So to get the full wii control the RRP is £64.97....that is just stupid!

Bundled with a game it should be an extra £10!! I bet it is with Wii Sports Resort!

I want two devices so was happy to order Tiger Woods and Grand Slam Tennis but at £90 that's pretty steep! But then I do want both games anyway.....bugger!!

PLUS. When is this getting reviewed? Doesnt it come out in 2 weeks?

Just looking to buy this, pretty disappointed to see that it's £44.99 with motionplus.

PLUS. When is this getting reviewed? Doesnt it come out in 2 weeks?

£42.99 at Gameplay and a score of 7.5 in Nintendo Power, according to GoNintendo.

I'm waiting on more reviews before pre-ordering.

7.5? That's not brilliant is it?......hmmm....really want this or Virtua Tennis to be incredible. Preferably this because I like the style and all the players and courts etc.

7.5 also isn't astoundingly shit, it's a good score. You can't really expect 10/10s from a tennis game.

7.5 also isn't astoundingly shit, it's a good score. You can't really expect 10/10s from a tennis game.
Though Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast got 9-10 from just about everyone didn't it.

I'm still gonna get this though, I think Virtua Tennis looks really dull in comparison with its realistic character models etc...

Though Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast got 9-10 from just about everyone didn't it.

I'm still gonna get this though, I think Virtua Tennis looks really dull in comparison with its realistic character models etc...

I stand corrected. :heh: It's still not a bad score. And on the bright side, it's pioneering a peripheral which is going to regenerate the Wii.

Exactly, a good tennis game gets good scores - Virtua Tennis (and the sequel), Mario Tennis all did brilliantly.... this is uses a control device which in theory should revolutionise the genre...but 7.5 is pretty average...

I'm not basing it on this one score, but it's not a great start

hey cmon tiger got 9...

there must be some issue with it.. I hope it's lack of modes instead of with the core gameplay.

Where does he say that?

think he said it in one of the podcasts that dante posted a long while ago.

Is Wii Motin Plus included? The site I ordered it from doesn't say anything about it. Can I play/enjoy the game without it?

^ you can either buy it without motion+ for around £29.99, or with motion+ for around £42.99 [on gameplay I think] and upwards.

Yeah, it can be played with or without it, though obviously it's gonna be better with it.

After seeing this at E3 I must say I've been put off a bit. I think I might wait until the reviews are in but I can see myself going for Virtua Tennis instead now. Somthing about this just doens't seem to feel right. It doesn't flow very well and there seems to be a slight lag when hitting a shot.

Has this or Virtua Tennis had online play confirmed or denied?

I prefer the style of this and I do tend to trust EA over SEGA.

I agree with the snowman, this game looks awesome!

A few? I've only seen one!

I'm sure there was another one out there.

Can't decide, this or virtua tennis.

You got time to send me the MK results yet? can post the new table then.

Yeah, just the one review so far I believe.

90% from ONM.

But do you really need any reviews? :hmm: I mean the fact that Nintendo is letting EA launch WM+ with this game pretty much tells us all we need to know I reckon.

I'm sold anyway, can't wait! :yay:

I had VT 2009 on 360 and guys it is Rubbish. I got rid of it and I wouldnt get your hopes up too high. The wii controls maybe great but honestly if the career mode is like the 360/PS3 game than it is horrible to play a single player game.

The World Tour/Career mode is so easy its unreal. Its not nice to play as there is no challenge. I hope the A.I in the Wii version has been improved.