Gasp! So awesome!

P1030360.JPG

P1030358.JPG

The warnings and info board apparently says stuff like;

"No smoking. that stuff kills you"

"Not suitable for expectant mothers. That life inside you is precious"

and one of the things starts

"You consider yourself"

Awesome. Also looks like on opening week or at least day there will be live actors in the queue.

Actually cannot wait.

Gasp! So awesome!

P1030360.JPG

P1030358.JPG

"You consider yourself"

Awesome. Also looks like on opening week or at least day there will be live actors in the queue.

Actually cannot wait.

I love "rides" in general.

I kinda hope that is actually Saw themed (the roller coaster aspect throws me...), rather than just another Roller Coaster they wanted to build, then tacked on the name.

I love "rides" in general.

I kinda hope that is actually Saw themed (the roller coaster aspect throws me...), rather than just another Roller Coaster they wanted to build, then tacked on the name.

Oh definitely. It may well be the "scariest" roller coaster in the world. They are working heaving with Lions Gate to create a very accurate, iconic and atmospheric ride. It is definitely Saw-y and I'd say (from what I've seen) the mose true to its movie theme, movie themed ride in the world. Unlike Terminator Salvation roller coaster....okay, imagine what a Terminator Salvation roller coaster looks like. Got an image in your head?

Bet it doesn't look like this;

Yep. Its wooden. The TERMINATOR ride is wooden.

:idea: *eh*

terminator_021509_05.jpg

Heres a video of Saw.

Meh at the Saw rollercoaster. I'll have to look up what the ride is like but I've been on some of the world's fastest rollercoasters so it'll be pretty damn hard to impress me.

There is so much wrong with this sentence I just don't know where to start. It hurts my eyes. :weep:

Rez, it just looks very sedate. The only high point (no pun intended) is the vertical climb and descent and that's it. All of the twists and turns look so lethargic. Really, it does pale in comparison to what I've been on before. And I'm a rollercoaster nut like you but seriously, very sedate. Not enough speed for my liking from that video. If you've been on the Hulk in florida you'll know what sort of speed I want in my rollercoasters. :awesome:

Rez, it just looks very sedate. The only high point (no pun intended) is the vertical climb and descent and that's it. All of the twists and turns look so lethargic. Really, it does pale in comparison to what I've been on before. And I'm a rollercoaster nut like you but seriously, very sedate. Not enough speed for my liking from that video. If you've been on the Hulk in florida you'll know what sort of speed I want in my rollercoasters. :awesome:

But its not all about speed or height. Speed and heigh make a good roller coaster don't.

And the inversions are great! At least they're not corkscrews or loops, like 95% of other UK coasters.

IMO Theming and ride layout >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> speed and height. Of course a healthy balance is always good...

1234995062.jpg

1235064835.jpg

I wouldn't say theming is a huge deal with rollercoasters but then the Hulk is one of my favourite rides and so to is the Areosmith rollercoaster and those themes really added to the whole experience, the Aerosmith one especially. Loved the whole alleyway area you go to for your 'ride' to the party and the limo cars which blasted Aerosmith hits out of the head rest. Need to go back to Florida and go back on some of these rides.

The Hulk is pathetic. Other than the acceleration of the start, it's really boring.

The Hulk is pathetic. Other than the acceleration of the start, it's really boring.

Yeah it's pretty underwhelming tbh...

I rank the Florida coasters I've been on as such (best to worst);

Kraken (Seaworld)

The Mummy (EXCELLENT theming. Brilliantly executed. That's kinda why I get more excited by news of indoor coasters.)

Aerosmith in The Rock N' Roller Coaster

Thunder Mountain (Obviously tame, but I never get tired of it)

Dueling Dragons (Loved the concept and waiting area/huge castle, but it felt a bit anti-climactic in the end, and the area it's on (just a gravelly patch of land) kinda deadens the drama)

Hulk

Think that's it.

Kraken is the best by far though. It's not as...disappointing as the other coasters. It's epic. And humongous.

@ Paj - Dueling Dragons takes place over a body of water and not a gravelly area. At least there was a body of water underneath us the whole time when I was there. I remember it vividly for trying to keep my flip-flops on. It's a nice little rollercoaster, with the bit when the two cars are racing towards each other being the highlight.

@ Paj - Dueling Dragons takes place over a body of water and not a gravelly area. At least there was a body of water underneath us the whole time when I was there. I remember it vividly for trying to keep my flip-flops on. It's a nice little rollercoaster, with the bit when the two cars are racing towards each other being the highlight.

Hmmm...I think the lack of water is possibly due to the building of the Harry Potter land right beside it, then?

That must be it.

Aren't you forgetting Sheikrah? That is probably the best rollercoaster I've ever been on. In terms of sheer fun though I'll go with Thunder Dolphin in Tokyo Dome's LaQua.

Alton Towers:

Nemesis > Air > Rita > Oblivion > [Corkscrew].

I miss the Black Hole [or 'The Beast but in the dark with smoke and mirrors']!

The building's still there isn't it and has been for ages, it's about time something new went there!

Anyone know what's planned for this year?

Aren't you forgetting Sheikrah? That is probably the best rollercoaster I've ever been on. In terms of sheer fun though I'll go with Thunder Dolphin in Tokyo Dome's LaQua.

I've never been to Busch Gardens, shamefully. As I've been to Florida 7 times... :p

I haven't been to Florida since I was eleven, but they have some fantastic coasters, Kraken being my favourite. The UK ones are just rubbish in comparison (Air being the most overrated).

Kraken is undoubtedly the best of the rollercoasters available to go on in Florida. Can't remember that Sheikrah one though. Been a long time since I was in Florida and Busch Gardens. Sounds cool from the Wiki entry that I read though. Converted to a floorless diving coaster. Trying to remember the name of the rollercoaster in Germany that's supposed to be one of the best rollercoasters in the world. I remember reading about it somewhere and it sounded cool.

They have a new one opening in SeaWorld this year called Manta if I remember correctly? It looked absolutely fantastic from what I saw when I was there at Christmas. Might have to take a trip back!

QFT. I loved Sheikra it, even though my heart jumped out of my chest and back in several times. I happened to be sitting in the front row, so it kinda gave the impression that you're going to smack into the ground below you with nobody to break your fall.

Alton Towers:

The building's still there isn't it and has been for ages, it's about time something new went there!

A sea life centre (pretty good one) repainted sky ride, rethemed kiddy land or whatever it is...ermmm think thats about it. But its good, general park spruce up. Oh yeah and Merry England is rethemed to pirates, which is awesome. Next year there will be a new roller coaster replacing Corkscrew.

I'm going in April and can't wait.

They have a new one opening in SeaWorld this year called Manta if I remember correctly? It looked absolutely fantastic from what I saw when I was there at Christmas. Might have to take a trip back!

Indeed it looks fairly bad ass. For anyone not knowing, the queue will be a walk through a mainly ray based aquarium thing, then into a Flying Rollercoaster like Air. At one point the train (a Manta Ray) skims the water.

manta_021309_61.jpg

Alton Towers:

Nar surely not!

Oblivion > Nemesis > Rita > Air > Corkscrew

Air is just too slow and corkscrew annihilates your head.

Agree on blackhole though. Apparently it moved to japan or something :S

Gasp! So awesome!

P1030360.JPG

P1030358.JPG

"You consider yourself"

Actually cannot wait.

OMG OMG, can't wait to go on this ride!!! Thanks for the pics! :D

I've been on many rollercoasters in the past; at Euro Disney, Alton Towers, Drayton Mannor and Blackpool. I think Air was the most awesome one I've been on, Nemesis was cool too. Oh, and the Rock n' Rollercoaster at Disney was an experience. I've never been on Rita before though, the que was far too huge for that when I last went to Alton Towers, which was when the ride first opened. Pepsi Max was decent too, but a tad over-rated tbh.