NEurope
Dante

Mass Effect 2

I actually liked the first "act" better, the second felt a bit more straight forward, although the setting in the second act is fantastic.

I still find it hard to believe, that it was so "easy" to get to the Shadow Broker - no extensive defenses outside and inside his ship. I'm somewhat expecting that the real shadow broker will appear in the third game and tell Liara he played her all along or something.

Also I do not approve of Liara becoming the new Shadow Broker, she should just relax, she's becoming far too obsessed...

How the hell did I miss the news that this is now coming to PS3?! I thought it would never happen and now it is January 2011 I am one happy man!

There's no news on ME 1 however.. You won't be able to import a character from that game, not right away at least. As far as I know, the extra content in the game will deal with that, probably as some sort of flashback missions perhaps, but personally I don't think that's enough compensation for missing a complete game.

The first was published by Microsoft but the second was EA hence the difficulty getting the first to PS3!

Yeah there's no chance the 1st will make it. They've come out and said there will an introduction module that will bridge the gap. I'm just so glad its coming its one of the games iv really missed out on I feek

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

They should do a remake of the first game with the mechanics from the second game and wrap the whole thing in a trilogy box set sometime. That would be deliriously tempting even to someone who already owned and fully enjoyed all three games.

I disagree. Although the aiming is improved in the 2nd game, there were plenty game mechanics I thought were better in the first.. I don't think the first game needs such a remake.

It really does sound great, I like making decisions in games and my friend told me of the Geth. Not going to say anything else in case it's a spoiler but a difficult decision to make there.

Hmm have you played the first then?

Anyway, since you've already been told about the Geth..

I actually forgot what I did, but I always take the Paragon options. I loaded up the game to get the confirmation I've rewritten those Heretics. And I've finally checked up on my "investments"

:D.

Some other important stuff: I've got the complete crew, everyone is loyal, and all survived. I chose to destroy the Reaper station at the end. And Mordin is holding on to that genophage cure. Can't wait to see how that'll influence part 3.

I actually forgot what I did, but I always take the Paragon options. I loaded up the game to get the confirmation I've rewritten those Heretics. And I've finally checked up on my "investments"

Some other important stuff: I've got the complete crew, everyone is loyal, and all survived. I chose to destroy the Reaper station at the end. And Mordin is holding on to that genophage cure. Can't wait to see how that'll influence part 3.

I also let Mordin hold on to the cure. I guess we're going to need all the Krogan we can get, to fight the reapers in ME3 :D

What do you get, when you reprogram the geth? I decided to destroy them, based on the reasoning that by reprogramming them, we would do to them what they wanted to do to the other Geth - which was precisely why we wanted to stop them in the first place.... now I'm not sure if death is the better alternative though.

It's funny, in both ME games I started out choosing all the Paragon options and the further I got, the more often I chose Renegade. That's what you get council, for not believing me.

Well, as you know, you have the Heretic Geth, who follow the Reapers, and who you fought in part 1 (and a little bit in part 2), and the normal Geth, who oppose the Reapers, and actually do not seek conflict, not even with the Quarrians. Legion is part of this group. Rewriting makes the Heretic normal Geth again, this way you gain possible allies for the next game. It will probably have a big impact on the Geth / Quarrian conflict too.

No I haven't played the first :(

The guy who told me was saying he killed them all instead, saying it was much better than rewriting them since they had been self-aware for a few hundred years. At the beginning I was thinking they were computers so who cares. If my laptop became self-aware I'd just format it and reinstall windows. Actually no I would sell it for millions. But it kinda makes you think anyway... I amn't sure I would rewrite them any more, it makes me feel racist against computers :p

Well, I looked at the Mass Effect wiki to remind me of the events on that station (where you go to destroy that Geth virus). It says Legion tells you something about how the experiences of those Geth heretics will be lost in the process. I can recall him saying something like that yes. He then tells you of an alternative, rewriting the heretics. But he's not sure what the best option is himself. If you keep questioning him about it, he remains undecided, so you will have no help from him in deciding. Although when you question the morality behind rewriting the heretics, he does say the Geth themselves have absolutely no qualms about being rewriting the heretics, especially as long as it serves the Geth as a whole. That's why I had no problem choosing the Paragon option.

well turns out to make the ME1 choices for ME2 on the PS3 you will have to play an interactive comic:

Since Mass Effect 1 will remain an Xbox 360 exclusive, PlayStation 3 owners will have the option of playing an interactive comic included with Mass Effect 2 to help bridge the gap between the two titles.

Clarifying a recent post made on the official BioWare German forums, producer Jesse Houston confirmed the comic would be exclusive to PS3 at its initial release for players who would be otherwise "unable to realize the full effect of choice in the Mass Effect universe." The comic can be downloaded through the Cerberus Network.

"While I can't release all the details about this yet, what I can tell you is that we want to create a stunning visual experience that not only tells the core story elements of Mass Effect 1, but also is fully interactive allowing you to be faced with some of the major choices which will have consequences your [sic] Mass Effect universe," Houston said.

Mass Effect 2 for PS3 also includes the previously released downloadable content Lair of the Shadow Broker, Project Overlord, Kasumi: Stolen Memory and the Blood Dragon Armor on the Blu-ray disc. The Zaeed and Firewalker content is also accessible through the Cerberus Network.

There will also be exclusive free and paid downloadable content for the PS3 version, such as the Recon Operations Pack, and bundled content like the Aegis Pack.

Houston also clarified the reported "6 hour exclusive mission" saying it was all a translation error.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1132898p1.html

Better than nothing although doubt it will be any good!

Just wanted to say I now understand what all this babble about how great mass effect was. After getting back into the original (on PC), and having it nearly at completion, I thought to myself, why not try the demo out as well. I was pretty set on getting it for the ps3, but after having played the demo this morning, the game now sits by my side with it already being installed and me hunting down available dlc as I can see myself playing this game for a VERY long time. SO much better than the first game, which was bloody good in its own right.

Wish I had realised it earlier, but getting the game for £12.99 is a steal and shall make the cost of most of the dlc seem insignificant when all together, it comes to about the same price as I could have gotten just the game itself from steam, or when it comes out on ps3.

Oh and sorry for the [insert resurrection skill here] on this thread. Could be my game of the year, and I only bloody played an hr of the game. MUST GO FINISH THE FIRST!

I bought the first one on release back in 2007 or something but I droped it quite quickly. gaggle64 then got on my case about finally finishing the first game so i could transfer the file to the seccond. Finished the first game about a week or so ago, picked up mass effect 2 for £15 and I must say this is a crap load better than the first, plus all the stuff i did in the first game does loads for the story.

Saved the rachnai queen on Noveria in the first game and on Illium in the second game this asari comes up to me saying something about crashing on an uncharted planet and being helped by the rachnai queen or something. Awesome stuff, seems like i'm going to be spending alot of time with this game.

I bought the first one on release back in 2007 or something but I droped it quite quickly. gaggle64 then got on my case about finally finishing the first game so i could transfer the file to the seccond. Finished the first game about a week or so ago, picked up mass effect 2 for £15 and I must say this is a crap load better than the first, plus all the stuff i did in the first game does loads for the story.

Saved the rachnai queen on Noveria in the first game and on Illium in the second game this asari comes up to me saying something about crashing on an uncharted planet and being helped by the rachnai queen or something. Awesome stuff, seems like i'm going to be spending alot of time with this game.

Crap! As I was playing as a renegade, I did some 'reckless things' like killing the queen. Wonder how that will play out for me.

The best way to play Mass Effect and Mass Effect two is with at least two playthroughs.

But the first is taking me sooooo long! I am doing all the quests and hunting all the ores, medallions etc. Is that even necessary for the second game i.e. does it have any effect?

Some of the quests have an effect. The collection ones don't (I've only done absolutely everything on one playthrough).

Heads-up everyone, all the DLC missions for ME2 are just 200 points each on the Xbox today - Lair of the Shadow Broker, Overlord and Kasumi, 600 points for the whole lot, so get it while it's hot.

Goat in!

The PS3 demo really didn't impress me much. Just found it rather bland, and whilst you can tell there's a lot of effort behind the cinematics, the lip syncing feels darn awkward for the most part.

Heads-up everyone, all the DLC missions for ME2 are just 200 points each on the Xbox today - Lair of the Shadow Broker, Overlord and Kasumi, 600 points for the whole lot, so get it while it's hot.

Goat in!

Prob be awhile before i will play them but i have bought them all as thats not often dlc goes cheap like that!

Grabbed Kasumi and Overlord :D wasn't that fussed at first but down from 560 to 200 I just couldn't say no. Plus grabbed Banjo Tooie and Super Meat Boy adding up to roughly a 2100 point card :D