NEurope
Dante

Mass Effect 2

On its financial earnings conference call Electronic Arts announced that Mass Effect 2 will release sometime in the 2010 calendar year (barring any delays from BioWare).

This news is hot on the heels that BioWare's other RPG, Dragon Age: Origins on PC, has been pushed back to the last half of 2009.

Stay tuned to IGN's GDC coverage in March when we expect to get our first look at Mass Effect 2.

IGN

Yay for more Mass Effect.

I hope they flesh out the planets more so the walking part of the planets seem to be larger then a warehouse.

It seems that the more games Bioware seem to make they just keep getting smaller and smaller territorial wise, everything keeps getting smaller in their games while the graphics keeps getting pumped up.

How large is Bioware? They're also doing the KotOR MMO, and supposedly another Sonic Chronicles game.

Exploring the planets definitely got a bit tiring after the 40th attempt, but I'm looking forward to the game for the awesome story, and the inevitable inclusion of return trips to familiar lands and all that jazz. Will we still be Shepherd or a whole new character, perhaps not even human?

Exploring the planets definitely got a bit tiring after the 40th attempt, but I'm looking forward to the game for the awesome story, and the inevitable inclusion of return trips to familiar lands and all that jazz. Will we still be Shepherd or a whole new character, perhaps not even human?

I though one of the points behind the rather poor ending in the first one was so we could continue as Shepard. Of course they'll do it in a way that doesn't alienate people new to the series (i.e. amnesia).

Such a long time away. :( Really looking forward to it though - bar a few unpolished techinical aspects, and side planets to explore, I absolutely loved the first.

I don't think it's going to be anything other than a direct continuation of our first game- think about it this way: with a save file on a 360 they could transfer our character stats across and just carry on the story. I'd love to see that.

I know Bioware didn't make it, but didn't KOTOR 2 have a character creation tool where a guy traded stories in a bar or something where you chose the story and thus made that game follow your choices in the first? that'd be good to copy, especially with big events like character deaths.

I though one of the points behind the rather poor ending in the first one was so we could continue as Shepard. Of course they'll do it in a way that doesn't alienate people new to the series (i.e. amnesia).

I would like something like:

If you have a completed Mass Effect save then you can continue on from where you are.

If not then it creates one as if it was a neutral ending, and have Shepard die/get injured/retire. So your character is his replacement.

I still haven't been able to find time to go through the first one properly yet (it's part of my massive 360 backlog).

What I did play of it I really enjoyed , so I hope to get back on it soon and news of a sequel is great.

Damn, was hoping for this in Q4 of 09. Nevertheless, more Mass Effect is always good!

I would like something like:

If you have a completed Mass Effect save then you can continue on from where you are.

If not then it creates one as if it was a neutral ending, and have Shepard die/get injured/retire. So your character is his replacement.

yeah but....that'd be shit ::shrug:

Excellent news. Like mentioned above pitty it ent a Q4 2009. That would be a great xmas present :grin:

Really really looking forward to seeing how they continue Mass Effect.

One thing I'd really love to see in Mass Effect 2 would be a drop-in co-op mode of some description. That would make probably make me permanently hard. And moist.

2010?! I want it now! Pff what better things have they got to do lol.

I'm sure I read somewhere that they planned to make you able to play as your character, if you had the first one; (which therefore would mean CERTAIN decisions are also taken into effect) and that if you hadn't played the first one, you could make a new character.

If so, that'd be so awesome! :D

I also heard...

That the decision whether or not you killed the Rachni queen will be addressed. Also that whoever you left to die on Virmire (I usually let Kaiden go) actually managed to survive and will turn up at some point. That'd be great because I didn't like sending him to his death :p

I'm sure I read somewhere that they planned to make you able to play as your character, if you had the first one; (which therefore would mean CERTAIN decisions are also taken into effect) and that if you hadn't played the first one, you could make a new character.

If so, that'd be so awesome! :D

Damn it, my character was SO UGLY!!!

I wanted so have a facially disfiguring accident so badly, so I wouldn't be subject to its sickening wrongness.

I also heard...

That the decision whether or not you killed the Rachni queen will be addressed. Also that whoever you left to die on Virmire (I usually let Kaiden go) actually managed to survive and will turn up at some point. That'd be great because I didn't like sending him to his death :p

lololol. that bomb took out a whole continent or something. get over it.

Haha yeah that explosion is like..a thermo nuclear blast you can see from orbit. What's done is done.

Would like to see the Queen thing have repurcussions though. That was cool.