N-Europe

What are Wii's killer titles for 2009?

Portlett

My friend was asking me what big games were coming out in 2009 and to be honest I could only name a few - The Conduit, House Of The Dead Overkill, Sin And Punishment, Wii Sports Resort, punch out new Zelda etc. This appears pretty thin when compared to the likes of Street Fighter IV, Resi 5, Bioshock 2 etc.

I dunno. Does your friend have all the "Wii killer titles" from 2008?

I would be more concerned in buying what's out, honestly, especially considering Nintendo now has a policy of not revealing any new games until close enough for launch.

By the way, I like how you managed to remember more 2009 titles for the Wii than for the other consoles ;)

My friend was asking me what big games were coming out in 2009 and to be honest I could only name a few - The Conduit, House Of The Dead Overkill, Sin And Punishment, Wii Sports Resort, punch out new Zelda etc. This appears pretty thin when compared to the likes of Street Fighter IV, Resi 5, Bioshock 2 etc.

Wait, what? :heh:

Anyway, it's all subjective. The big hitters on Wii for me will be The Conduit, Little King's Story, HotD Overkill, MadWorld, Wii Sports: Resort, Sin and Punishment 2, Red Steel 2, Fragile (if it comes out), Fatal Frame IV, Tales of Symphonia 2, Deadly Creatures, Mikami + Suda 51's horror title, Muramasa, EA Tennis, Arc Rise Fantasia, Cursed Mountain and maybe Overlord Wii. Those are just the ones announced, and there 's probabl one or two I've missed out. We're obviously not going to see Zelda, No More Heroes 2, Final Fantasy CC or Tales of Ten in 2009.

Wait, what? :heh:

Anyway, it's all subjective. The big hitters on Wii for me will be The Conduit, Little King's Story, HotD Overkill, MadWorld, Wii Sports: Resort, Sin and Punishment 2, Red Steel 2, Fragile (if it comes out), Fatal Frame IV, Tales of Symphonia 2, Deadly Creatures, Mikami + Suda 51's horror title, Muramasa, EA Tennis, Arc Rise Fantasia, Cursed Mountain and maybe Overlord Wii. Those are just the ones announced, and there 's probabl one or two I've missed out. We're obviously not going to see Zelda, No More Heroes 2, Final Fantasy CC or Tales of Ten in 2009.

Wait a sec, since when was this announced to be a Wii game?

Don't forget about Dynamic Slash and Cosmic Walker. We might not know that much about them, but we do know that they're two hardcore Wii titles that are being developed for the Wii for/by Nintendo. I think its safe to say we should keep out eyes on them.

I'm looking forward to The Conduit, and the New Tales game, and I'll be getting Sin and Punishment 2 when it comes out most likely. But I'm sure there will be more revealed by E3.

And Pikmen Wii will probably be out this year also.

Aside from that, we might hear something about Zelda Wii and perhaps get a few more tidbits on EAD Tokyo's project.

Red Steel 2 could also be good.

And Don't forget about MadWorld.

hmmm Im not sure whether we will see pikmin 3, if we do it will be just in time for christmas. I think theyre re-releasing pikmin 1 and 2 to get gamers that never had a cube to get into the series so even if it is ready they wont release it till those games come put I reckon.

Fragile

Arc Rise Fantasia

Monster Hunter 3

Valhalla Knights : Eldar Saga

Dynamic Slash

Kizuna

Sonic and the Black Night

Sin and Punishment 2

The Conduit

Mad World

Another Code

Fatal Frame 4

Tenchu 4

Oboro Muramasa Youtouden

Punch Out

Dead Rising

Cosmic Walker

Cursed Mountain

Klonoa

Plenty to buy this year.

Here you go:

Another Code R

Arc Rise Fantasia

BOOM BLOX 2

Cave Story

Cosmic Walker

Cursed Mountain

Deadly Creatures

Dynamic Slash

Endless Ocean 2: Beautiful Ocean

Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time

Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon

Icarian: Kindred Spirits

K.O.R.E Gang

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile

Let's Tap

Little King's Story

Mad World

Marble Saga: Kororinpa 2

Monster Hunter 3

Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars

New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis

New Play Control! Pikmin

Overlord: Dark Legend

Phantom Brave

Pikmin 3

Punch-Out! Wii

Ready 2 Rumble

Rune Factory Frontier

Sam and Max: Season 2

Sin and Punishment 2

Sonic and the Black Knight

Tales of ---

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Tenchu 4: Shadow Assassins

The Conduit

The King of Fighters Collection

The House of the Dead: Overkill

The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces

Wii Sports Resort

We're all forgetting Kid Icarus Wii. :heh:

On a more serious note, everything everyone else has listed provides the Wii with many killer titles this year., although New Play Control: Metroid Prime should be added seeing as Japan are getting the game in a few weeks.

And Sadness. I doubt many people still believe it's coming but I for one have my fingers firmly crossed for it this year as it's supposed to be out in the fall and we should be seeing something of it at either GDC or E3.

How can you list over 5 games for the Wii, and then say it seems thin compared to your list of THREE other console games!?! Bizarre logic you have there!!

Another Code R

Arc Rise Fantasia

BOOM BLOX 2

Cave Story

Cosmic Walker

Cursed Mountain

Deadly Creatures

Dynamic Slash

Endless Ocean 2: Beautiful Ocean

Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time

Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon

Icarian: Kindred Spirits

K.O.R.E Gang

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile

Let's Tap

Little King's Story

Mad World

Marble Saga: Kororinpa 2

Monster Hunter 3

Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars

New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis

New Play Control! Pikmin

Overlord: Dark Legend

Phantom Brave

Pikmin 3

Punch-Out! Wii

Ready 2 Rumble

Rune Factory Frontier

Sam and Max: Season 2

Sin and Punishment 2

Sonic and the Black Knight

Tales of ---

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Tenchu 4: Shadow Assassins

The Conduit

The King of Fighters Collection

The House of the Dead: Overkill

The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces

Wii Sports Resort

Bold = titles I'm interested in.

Well those are just the titles that really stand out for me, I can't see myself getting anything else on the list tbh, but shit... 13 games from that list plus maybe another 2... so thats 15 games to look forward to on the Wii in one year, thats a vast improvement on the recent(ish) lack of real quality retail software. :smile:

All this 'Pikmin 3', 'Pikmin 3'... There hasn't been even one jpeg to confirm such a fallacy. Remember a year or two prior to Brawl's release, we got about 4 pics of Mario and pikachu fighting... Lets just remember we have nothing of Pikmin 3.

Don't set your ass up for disappointment.

Nintendo won't deliver what YOU want.