N-Europe

Empire: Total War

Choze

http://www.sega.co.uk/empire/

Looks great. Did not think it would go more modern with Total war.

53465.jpg

355288_full.jpg

355302_full.jpg

355312_full.jpg

338724_full.jpg

64495.jpg

78662.jpg

355298_full.jpg

355282_full.jpg

Empire: Total War is an upcoming 2009 real-time tactics and turn-based strategy computer game. Developed by the Creative Assembly and published by Sega, the game is scheduled for release in March 2009.[2] Announced in August 2007,[4] Empire: Total War is the fifth installment in the Total War series, and focuses on the modern era period of the 1700s and 1800s.[5]

The game follows a similar style of play as earlier Total War titles: players choose a contemporary faction and set out to ensure their faction's domination over the known world through military force, politics, diplomacy, espionage and economics. Although the campaign element of the game is turn-based, players can direct battles in real-time. Empire: Total War is the first game in the series to allow naval battles to be conducted in real-time.

Looks nice, just hope it doesn't turn boring like AOE3 because everything was guns against guns, than you would get bigger guns and then they would, etc...

Can't wait for the World War 2 and Modern Total War.

Yes those are my worries as well. Using guns sets Total War less apart.

CA said for years they would never do this era because it wouldn't work. They changed their mind a few years ago because the modding community managed to get it working well, strategy basically boils down to; line up ranged units, have them fire on enemy ranged units. Attempt to flank enemy ranged units with your cavalry while also stopping the enemy flanking your ranged units with their cavs. Obviously it gets deeper than that, but it's the basic premise. Quite looking forward to seeing if they pull it off, if not then i'll be helping out with the porting on Medieval II to the new engine.

I doubt TW will go more modern than this though, certainly not past WWI. These days war is about small well trained units rather than large scale deployment, it just wouldn't fit the style. I'm hoping for an Asian game next time, the Chineese dynasties, Japan, Mongolia et all. Would be fan-bloody-tastic!

Like Shogun: Total war? Albeit it´s one of the first and I only remember watching my brother play it.

I wouldn't mind a Shogun 2: Total War to be the next one.

Yeah another Shogun would be awesome, the old one is really out dated (paper soldier gifs). I remember playing it but without what makes a total war game, I couldn't win the battles on field, so I basically played Risk on the map of Japan, always sending armies in huge numbers so I could win on automatic.

Oh, and this time I want to see if the Portuguese importer house actually has a Portuguese flag and not the Spanish one.

Like Shogun: Total war? Albeit it´s one of the first and I only remember watching my brother play it.

I wouldn't mind a Shogun 2: Total War to be the next one.

Yeah, but on a larger scale. Shogun 2 would be too small in scale for CA these days, only having Japan wouldn't keep fans of the series happy when they're used to managing Empires spanning the whole of Europe. A map stretching from Iraq right the way to Japan, and down through India, Indonesia, Singapore etc. is what i'm hoping for. A lot of interesting military history in those parts (which is what Total War is all about, periods of intense feudal fighting) and the military strategy was quite different to that of Europe.

I think China would be good next. Very, very good actually

shame I don't have a pc that can run empire though- last one I could play was Rome which was bloody brilliant.

Still, in a few years you'll be able to put together a rig to run the shit out of this for a tuppence - to me, PC gaming is a waiting game at the end of it all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm really liking it, they managed to keep the strategy in battles were most of the units use guns. Completely the opposite feeling I had with AOE3. The ship battles are really interesting too, which I wasn't expecting, you can choose different types of canon balls and even board other ships, but it will take some time to get used too. I can't wait for the full game.